Wild ride for my parents....or their car at least.....

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
My parents have a big ol' RV that they travel around in with their two gigantic dogs. They have an older 90s Lexus ES350 that they pull behind it on a dolly. They were down in Texas and something happened to the receiver pin and the receiver pulled out, the safety chains failed and the Lexus and dolly went for a solo ride into the median cables.

I'm not sure how it happened, it was just a standard pin and not a locking one, but he's never taken it out and last time I looked it all over for him it was fine. The S-hooks on the safety chains bent open almost immediately, they didn't do jack shit. He said he felt it come loose and looked in his rear camera and saw it fall off and go straight into the median. Dad did a damn good job strapping that Lexus to the dolly though, never came off. :lol:

They used to have a really nice camper they pulled around with their Durango, but it wasn't big enough for their giant dogs so they needed to buy a 38ft motorhome. :shaking:

1729773700220.png
1729773733281.png
1729773777536.png

1729773827763.png
1729773868900.png
1729773904450.png

Yeah, they are EXTREMELY lucky that no one else got tangled up in the show.

I guess they are taking it in stride. My dad texted me this morning that the RV place gave them the dolly for free ("for free") with the camper and the car was starting to annoy him anyway. :lol:

what kind of rv is it? just curious
It's a Georgetown. I can't remember the model. Pretty nice, popouts, V10 Ford gas front engine. Dad said it towed the car pretty good. Until it didn't, but that's not the RV's fault.

Damn! I wouldn’t be surprised if someone pulled the pin out when they were stopped somewhere.
My thought too. I know it was all set up correctly before they left and my dad wouldn't have had any reason to take it back out.
I a 4 door convertible Lexus in the works for the Midnight Mechanic?
Thought crossed my mind, but I'm not going to Texas to pick it up!
Yep it's a thing people do. I keep a lock in mine
I told my dad when they got home we were going install a locking one.

Back