Winch power cut off?

Jeffncs

Thinking about installing a switch to cut power to my winch while I’m wandering around town….

This is one option I’m considering. Should I go a different direction?
1632710216214.jpeg

Thanks for the advice!

all I know is I want to test lab one with 5,000 Amps like it claims

@braxton357 want to invest in a new youTube channel?

Get a Bluesea PN 9003e

Works great and the ratings are actually true. Takes 350amp continuous, 600amp during 5mn and 1200amp peak during 30sec.

I've been using it on a big winch with great success.

Amazon link :

Way cheaper here:

Get a Bluesea PN 9003e

Works great and the ratings are actually true. Takes 350amp continuous, 600amp during 5mn and 1200amp peak during 30sec.

I've been using it on a big winch with great success.

Amazon link :

Way cheaper here:

I've used a few of these. Never had a problem with one.

Another option would to use some quick connects like you'd use for a winch you have set up to go front and rear. I know several including myself that have used these @Jason W. and @josh$$
That's a good idea.
You can even make some cool stuff that plugs in the quick connects and use them for more than just the winch.

That's a good idea.
You can even make some cool stuff that plugs in the quick connects and use them for more than just the winch.

I have two 20' extensions for my Ready Welder. I can use the connection piece for a jumper. I have run into connectors that take the same size cables not fitting together because of a slight difference in the plugs, but, a little work with the dremel, and you are good to go.

I got the Mini's, so I can easily take the HF utility winch on & off, which raises & lowers my push blade.

Attachments

• 20210730_193004.jpg
    20210730_193004.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210729_204955.jpg
    20210729_204955.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 101
I can also vouch for the Anderson Connectors being a great option. I use them in the industry but also have used them in the past on my XJs winch set up.

all I know is I want to test lab one with 5,000 Amps like it claims

@braxton357 want to invest in a new youTube channel?

Send one to me and I can make your dreams come true. We have breaker testing equipment good for 60kA.

Send one to me and I can make your dreams come true. We have breaker testing equipment good for 60kA.
Will you film it? Do you have access to a slow motion camera?

Back