Window Tint Inspection

Snowboardingmofo

Just bought a truck with really dark tint, need to get it inspected in Concord, NC. Don't want to take it off just to pass inspection. Anyone know of a place that will pass it if I give the inspector a lil extra compensation?

put windows down and take the fuse out

works for both my parents every year on their cars...

if the inspector tries to roll the windows up tell them the window switch burned up and you're waiting on the parts to come in or something like that....

good idea to go on a warm and sunny day too :)

-Erik

fuse shit wont work, faulty equipment.

Are you saying that they won't pass you for inspection if you have a blown fuse so that your windows won't roll up, because that would be considered faulty equipment?

If so, I didn't think that was true. You could have no side windows at all if you wanted to.

thanks alot erik, dont plug me to take the tint off...
haha...
fuse shit wont work, faulty equipment.

Please quote where it says you need functioning side windows?

duh huh

i tried the window thing but wasnt smart enough to remove the fuse....

I just always rip my front windows and banner off, its only 65 bucks to get it replaced, and i figure 65 bucks a year to have tint isnt bad :)

do the fuse thing. i dont remember anything bout windows having to work to pass. but if someone quotes the book ill take it back

Why not just take it off and be done with it?? Its not legal and you will prob. get a ticket, then have to pay and take it off.

Why not just take it off and be done with it?? Its not legal and you will prob. get a ticket, then have to pay and take it off.

Because I like the reduced heat in the cab, like making it harder for those who shouldn't be looking inside to look inside, and like how it matches the factory tint on the other windows..

I understand the reasoning behind it, and agree 100% for the safety of the LEO.. but I always have put all windows down anyway when stopped, even with the legal tint.

well you can have up to 32% tinting on hte front windows legally.... and i have known very few cops that will stop you for tinting issues, because id say most dont have a piece of equipment to test it.....

and functioning windows, or doors for that matter arent part of NC inspection.... hell for a long time a windshield wasnt even required, just functioning wipers..... id give the fuse thing a go, or if takin the panel off isnt a big issue, just unplug the switch on hte drivers door... then they cant "accidentally" plug a new fuse in and get em workin

Not too worried about a ticket cause a few friends of mine a cops and said they no one they know writes tickets for tint. I'll probably just take it off if I can't find anyone to get it passed. Thanks for the help.

for an inspection station to put an inspection sticker on a vehicle with illegal tint is a good way for them to not do state inspections anymore. Plus the inspector can get in real trouble.Most people do not have equipment to test windows but some do, i usually find illegal window tint, radar detector and a speeding ticket all go hand in hand.

again DUH HUH:stupid:

I vote you just roll the windows down. If the inspector wants to fail it take it somewhere else. This is not a big deal folks! The inspector is not getting paid enough to care about window tint and sure as hell ain't going to put a fuse in your vehicle to get the windows to roll up! He gets paid to do the inspection and nothing else that isn't on the repair order. Take it to Jiffy Lube.

How many cars these days let you roll the rear windows all the way down?

Haha on my Protege5 the "safety windows" only stick up about 2". Still plenty of room for any idiot kid to jump out of.

Back