With a little help from my friends...

trailhugger

Human Resources
Administrator
I have a special request.

One of our 12 Days of NC4x4 prize winners let me know that he doesn't have a rig and won't for a while because he has small children. He had a special request:

"Please donate it to a veteran, veterans group, or even a deserving (aren’t they all though) active military member."

So now that the OHV trails at Uwharrie are about to open for the season, *I* have a special request.

Please nominate a veteran or active military member who could use an annual trail pass. Let's show some love and appreciation for our bravest and we'll draw a number before the end of the week!

Man this is tough. I hate to just nominate one. If I had to it would be @Jason W. or @josh$$ for what they have done with the veterans ride over the years.

@trailhugger I'll put up another $30 or whatever the current fee is to donate another trail pass to a vet if we can get another pass easily. I don't have time to run out there and pick one up though for a few weeks so we would have to figure out logistics. Maybe the outpost will mail it or something. I'm sure some other guys on here will probably match me so let's make it happen for a few vet's instead of just one!!

Man this is tough. I hate to just nominate one. If I had to it would be @Jason W. or @josh$$ for what they have done with the veterans ride over the years.

@trailhugger I'll put up another $30 or whatever the current fee is to donate another trail pass to a vet if we can get another pass easily. I don't have time to run out there and pick one up though for a few weeks so we would have to figure out logistics. Maybe the outpost will mail it or something. I'm sure some other guys on here will probably match me so let's make it happen for a few vet's instead of just one!!

That's an amazing offer, Jeremy! Thank you! I am certain we can work it out with the Outpost to get another pass mailed to a second individual!

@trailhugger If you've got the logistics for it, and a Paypal address, I'll kick in the $30 for another trail pass too, it would be great if we could get all those Veterans nominated here covered for a pass this year!

@trailhugger Can I donate my $100 "gift card" to MotoBilt too? I still haven't used it from the Christmas Giveaway and can't think of anything I need from them...surely a veteran with a Jeep would benefit more from it than I will.

I'll even donate the Uwharrie pass I got too!

That's an amazing offer, Jeremy! Thank you! I am certain we can work it out with the Outpost to get another pass mailed to a second individual!

Just let me know where to send the money. I can do paypal or send a check. This thread could get interesting as it looks like a few people are interested in donating to a good cause. I love that this forum stands behind our military. The support at the veterans rides over the years have been awesome. I'm proud to be part of this forum.

@Tails @Mulishajoe @Paul. @obullfish @josh$$

I am so greatfull of all the mentions, but it would give me great pleasure seeing other vets get one.

It warms my heart seeing so much passion for our veterans!

Same here I’d rather give it to someone else and donate towards it. I know there are plenty active duty around, might be worth looking into coordinate with them if they have an outdoor and recreation program. I worked with ours on base in Cali to link up with 4 wheel to heal.

Last edited:
Back