Work pants what do you wear?

cgm147

So as the seasons change its time to buy some new duds for work. Just wanted to get some opinions. I work in signal construction for the railroad and tough on everything. I really like my Kuhl brand pants for the summer time even though they are way too expensive. I've been looking at the new carhartt flex pants. Anyone currently wearing them? Let me know what you like

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wrangler makes a line of Pants/shorts that are called Riggs.I have 4/5 pair and they've held up pretty good.They are a lot like Carhart but not as stiff.The pockets are double stitched and they have reinforcement on the corner of the pockets like where a tape measure would go.I had one pair of the demin ones and that didnt last like the others have.

I've been in heavy industrial construction, ironwork, and welding for a while and I've always had luck with the original carharts. Then switched to their painter as it was a little lighter and easier to wear. Then went to the Columbia Omni Max or something like that.

Now, believe it or not, all I wear are the Old Navy boot cut jeans. They have held up really well and are comfortable. Most importantly, they are very affordable and last just about as long as a $50-75 pair of work pants for a fraction of the cost. Now I'm in the management side of things and I still wear the Old Navy jeans as they are comfortable and look good as well.

I've had 2 pairs of the Riggs ripstop shorts for a decade and they are only now getting threadbare. I wore them surveying, building decks, working round the house, I wore them to work today. They don't have the side pockets like the ones I see now, but do have the tape measure patch on the right pocket that also holds a clip knife very secure. I think I paid $25 a piece @ tractor supply.

I've been in heavy industrial construction, ironwork, and welding for a while and I've always had luck with the original carharts. Then switched to their painter as it was a little lighter and easier to wear. Then went to the Columbia Omni Max or something like that.

Now, believe it or not, all I wear are the Old Navy boot cut jeans. They have held up really well and are comfortable. Most importantly, they are very affordable and last just about as long as a $50-75 pair of work pants for a fraction of the cost. Now I'm in the management side of things and I still wear the Old Navy jeans as they are comfortable and look good as well.
Never had much luck w Old Navy pants mainly cause they're hard to find in 40/34/fat ass size.I like Lee Dungarees real well too but they are don't seem to be as durable.If your ever in Pigeon forge theres a place called Duncans that sell a lot of Wrangler,Carhart and Lee jeans,some are seconds.Ive bought all my winter work clothes there for the last 3/4 years.

I've had 2 pairs of the Riggs ripstop shorts for a decade and they are only now getting threadbare. I wore them surveying, building decks, working round the house, I wore them to work today. They don't have the side pockets like the ones I see now, but do have the tape measure patch on the right pocket that also holds a clip knife very secure. I think I paid $25 a piece @ tractor supply.
Mine were 2nd's from Duncans for like $12-$15.Seconds are fine w me cause they're gonna have grease stains and torch spots in em any way.

Carhart uniform pants and fire rated long sleeve shirts. Regular slacks without all the pockets and extra seems. The seems are a huge deal when always bending, squating, and more or less trying to do work as a contortionist and not getting paid for it.

Good ol wrangler jeans most days. The retro model or whatever it is. Either Amazon or Harmons in Galax are the two places I usually buy them from. About $40 a pair or so.

I have a few pair of the Dickies brand pants that are similar to the Carharrt fabric. They're super cheap from WalMart and hold up just as well for me. If I get oil or grease on them I am not out as much money as I would be for the big brand and unless you look at the label, you can't really tell the difference. Just try them on first. The sizing is odd. I am a 33-34 in most brands but a 36 in their stuff.

Cintas uniform cargo pants. Free through work and I love them.

Cintas uniform cargo pants. Free through work and I love them.

That's what I have now and they are pretty good. Nice and light. I still have a bunch of pairs of Oakley Pit Pants from when I worked for a Cup team. I have worn them for several years. Some of the best working pants I have ever had. I probably would not buy them for the expense. I got them for free.

I usually wear Red Cap double knee technician pants.
They actually stay black no matter how many times they're washed, which I can't say about the rapidly fading Carhartt pants I had before them. I have to still look professional when I'm getting dirty, so that's important.

This exactly. Crawling 8 hours a day kills the knees in all pants regardless of price.

The thicker pants only make wearing knee pads all day worse for the back of my knees where the straps are.

If not crawling, the grinding sparks and dust or weld spatter kill pants equally as fast regardless of price.

I've got a few pairs of the Schmidt Carhartt knock offs and they are great.

Got some Route 66 or something jeans for $4 a pair when Kmart was closing, if I'm spending a lot, then old navy boot cut for the win.

Dickies or any other blend turn immediately into Swiss cheese with grinder sparks and weld spatter.

That's what I have now and they are pretty good. Nice and light. I still have a bunch of pairs of Oakley Pit Pants from when I worked for a Cup team. I have worn them for several years. Some of the best working pants I have ever had. I probably would not buy them for the expense. I got them for free.
Yep. In my line of work one pair usually doesnt last long. Mastic, great stuff, etc gets on the pants legs and my boss puts in for replacements. I always keeps the old pair and cut the legs off at the knee for shorts or wear when I'm out working on stuff.

I'm going to see if my local western store has the new carhartt flex pants.. Idk if yall have tried on a pair of flex pants but man I don't think I could go back. 95% cotton 5 % spandex. Recently bought some shorts from American Eagle had a sale I love em. No pinch no bind everything else seems to just cut my gut lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a few pair of the Dickies brand pants that are similar to the Carharrt fabric. They're super cheap from WalMart and hold up just as well for me.

Me too. I wear Dickies for the business/casual days and regular old Goodwill $3.75 jeans the other days.
I'm not going to pay too much for something I know I'm going to trash in short order.

Carhart double knees are my favorite....I have never torn a pair of regular carhartts....I have shredded many pairs of the carhartts jeand.

Finding 42x38 sizing make it tough to try new brands...although a 36 length works sometimes.

Not completely related, but in a way it is.
It was mentioned about the oil and grease stains.

My neighbor had an idea that seams to work.
I walked over one day just to see what he was pressure washing this time. It was his jeans.
He sprayed purple power on them and then hit them with the PW. I was impressed.

Not completely related, but in a way it is.
It was mentioned about the oil and grease stains.

My neighbor had an idea that seams to work.
I walked over one day just to see what he was pressure washing this time. It was his jeans.
He sprayed purple power on them and then hit them with the PW. I was impressed.
The old school GoJO works pretty good too.Just rub it in and wash w the rest of your clothes.

Dickies double knee work pants for me. All day,everyday. I've got four pair that I got for Christmas about 4-5 years ago waiting to replace the other 4 pairs that I can't seem to wear out. I wouldn't mind trying some other brands as well, but if I pay a lot for a pair of pants it's highly unlikely for them to be worked in. I think Dickies are hard to beat for the price.

When I worked at the power company for a while I wore the carhartt cargo denims. They were great but damn they faded fast.

Back