Would you?

EGR valve is definitely still there on the intake based on the above pics, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been deleted. Can't see if it has head bolts or studs.

I'm not a fan of the dual alt setup. Contrary to logic, the stock electronics pick at random an alternator to excite. If one dies, and the electronics pick to excite that dead alt, the other alt doesn't take over. Pretty easy to delete the outer alternator, did it on my 6.0. One less belt, like 3 less idler pulleys, one less alternator to fail.

$13k truck sounds about right, depending if its been bulletproofed.

I'm not a fan of the dual alt setup. Contrary to logic, the stock electronics pick at random an alternator to excite. If one dies, and the electronics pick to excite that dead alt, the other alt doesn't take over
uhmmm, I believe it's supposed to excite both fields at the same time in order to lessen the load on each alt and be able to produce more power on demand.. at least that's how all the duals I've seen that are factory operate.. wouldn't make much sense to randomly select either, except if it wasn't random and we're governed by heat or load - really, should the factory install two alts, to randomly select them? I doubt that highly - everything on a vehicle is by design, for better or worse.

uhmmm, I believe it's supposed to excite both fields at the same time in order to lessen the load on each alt and be able to produce more power on demand.. at least that's how all the duals I've seen that are factory operate.. wouldn't make much sense to randomly select either, except if it wasn't random and we're governed by heat or load - really, should the factory install two alts, to randomly select them? I doubt that highly - everything on a vehicle is by design, for better or worse.

This specific motor does not work that way from what I've read and understand. I agree it doesn't make sense, but it's easy to convert to single alt.

Of course I like the truck, I just don't have a reliable source locally or there to validate or quell my concerns for it. I don't want to end up with another project, so I think it's best for me to be realistic, which is what I've gotten away from. I can simply tow what I need to tow with a 1/2 ton or a 3/4 ton gasser.

Just to add I got a 06 F350 FX4 w 86K for 15K,all stock including the egr and cat.We've put 30K on it since Jan,so far so good,BUT I keep a close eye on the temps.
e2762448e32958c91163f777afd07f3f.jpg

Back