WTF is this?

fordwheelinman

And HTF is it at all a useful design?
c7bff66e6fea3d1c0ef8a2bbe771fa06.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

They probably don't have a jig to bend the tongue for that size steel so this is how they make a tag a long for that size trailer.

Last edited:
Saw one of those last weekend up at Wildcat off-road Park. It was a tilt trailer about 18’ long or so. Makes lowering the tailgate impossible.

After watching the video, I still don’t understand it.

They say it tows better and turns better. I’m not sure how it’s different than any other tag trailer. Maybe the only way it would turn better would be from backing where the tongue MIGHT clear the bumper without tweaking it.

It's an interestng way to make your new trailer look stupid! I don't get it either...

After watching the video, I still don’t understand it.

They say it tows better and turns better. I’m not sure how it’s different than any other tag trailer. Maybe the only way it would turn better would be from backing where the tongue MIGHT clear the bumper without tweaking it.
They figure it's cheaper to go ahead and bend the entire bedside instead of just dent the bumper :lol:

I think its a way for them to stream line manufacturing and they market it as a feature. Now they can build the deck and most of the trailer the same between tag and goose. When the customer orders they choose the riser height and weld on the neck.

I'm not sure how it would tow smoother unless it's stiffer and/or weighs more than normal. It has no special technology or design that would otherwise make it smoother.

The should make the neck removable so you can make it a tag along or goose.

I like the jacks. Spare wheel and box placement into the tongue.

20 foot steel verses 40.....all about the dollars and the fixtures. Less of each @paradisePWoffrd you hit the nail on the head. From a strength standpoint without making the rails and tongue all one piece it has to be sectioned. This method and bracing is far stronger then a splice and gusset. Far more fillets and weld area.

I think its a way for them to stream line manufacturing and they market it as a feature. Now they can build the deck and most of the trailer the same between tag and goose. When the customer orders they choose the riser height and weld on the neck.
This, It looks stupid, I would never buy one, but I'm sure they can cut costs by reusing the same neck.

Can you open the tailgate of the truck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sure. And it even has some steel beams to rest it on.

There's a lot of weight there and the wheels are pretty far back. The amount of tongue weight has to be sky-high. Will a weight distributing hitch work with it? Doesn't look like it would.

There's a lot of weight there and the wheels are pretty far back. The amount of tongue weight has to be sky-high. Will a weight distributing hitch work with it? Doesn't look like it would.
It should work ok, but would likely require longer chains on the bars, and make sure the attachment is vertical.

Back