yJ TRUCK BUILD

looken real good there. always nice to see someone thinking outside the usuall box.

what are you planning to do with the sliders. just take some plastic and go from the bottom of the frame to the top of the slider on the bottom side of the door like boat sides or what?

tyler

got some of the drivetrain delivered
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_NEWPICKUP046.jpg

thanks to hareball and the superpile!

That thing is looking good. I wanted to build something similar for a DD, but the comanche was just quicker. The bed is coming along nice, my idea for a bed was like someone else already said, a surplus military trailer.
If you can, give us a side shot to show proportion of bed to cab.

The bed is looking sick! Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure Cat picked out a cute color...:D

- Mac

yeah, steering will be assist. color will be announced at a later date. (mac, you'll love it) Thought about a trailer bed, but wanted something kinda pimp!:)
Plan is for this thing to have its first test run Memorial day weekend in Harlan KY.
Mac, I expect to see you and youre little brother, no girly excuses!:flipoff2:
Bought a house today, cause for celebration and fear!

got the rest of the bed sides pretty much finnished up
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_NEWPICKUP051.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_NEWPICKUP049.jpg

coming along pretty well. plan to get the drivetrain mounted next week, should be ready to go for Harlan:driver:

got more done. mounted the tailgate hinges, finished up most of the tube for the bed
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup004.jpg

decided against tube fenders and wanted a rockcrawler hood, didn't want to spend 400 for it, so
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup002.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup003.jpg

looks good?

got a little work done on the cage tioday. started on the exo over the cab. Its hard to make a close fitting/protective, cage that will allow for the roof to still be removed. here's the progress.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup007.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup006.jpg

getting closer. still plkan to have it done fro Harlan.
also, looks like it may get a windsor motor:D

nope, when we goin wheelin?

"tioday, plkan, fro" thats why I ask, beats me, when you want to go? Jeep got a new paint job yesterday, lets just say, it really stands out now!

theirs beed discussion of going to windrock the weekend after next...

If you guys hit Windrock there is a trail called Rail. Nice dropoff that goes down a mountain, gets flat again but keep going. Damn nice climb and rocks on the upside. 3 rigs w/ 38"s had to winch. Was there 2 weeks ago still picking out the dust boogers.

Rail trail is no joke, we are still yet to run the whole thing w/ no cable. Dave, call me, I'll fill you in on the plan.

Travis

Dang you guys planing trips with my rig down...hmmm...who has an open seat? :D

Lookin good Dave! That bed is turning out awesome! The hood is looking great too.

That thing is going to be wicked:driver:

well, got home last night and was unhappy with yesterday's progress. So, it all came off.
re used the main hoop and re did the rest. replaced the downbars to give it more of a pickup look, and moved the front portion of the exo closer to the cab
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup012.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup008.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup009.jpg

well, i at least, am much hapier with this attempt. looks like motor/tranny weill get mounted this weekend, then its time to order tires:D

I gotta say that is gonna be the coolest looking jeep around when you get it done. I love the bed and fenders you made. It'll be like a new scrambler!

well. decided I wasn't as hapopy as I should be with it, so, stripped it
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y122_35xj_newpickup026.jpg

we'll seee what comes of it now

decided to rip it apart??? didn't like the way it was going. looked real good i thought.
what are your future plans for it then?

tyler

Back