YouTube channel

At what point do you start making a little money for your time, how many views/subscribers. The sitting down and editing would be where my procrastination would win. lol
1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in a 12 month span is the minimum requirement.

I watch "cole the cornstar" semi regular and he seems to put out a video every 2-3 days.A guy here local (gear runner I think) was/is doin it and had been doin gun and tactical gear reviews.He was starting to get in the money and get free stuff to try out until they put the screws to him over his content (guns).Last I heard he was doin vid's on car stuff.My schedule is not stable enuf to film anything.Im always chasing the next shiny thing that has a $ attached to it.I could be three states away this time tommorow and have no plans of leaving the house as of tonight.I put over 1800 miles on my truck just last week.
i watch cole as well. he has said during farming season 3/4 of the year his goal is 6 videos a week. alot of the other channels i watch seem to shoot for 3-4 videos a week.

from most i have talked to, it takes about 150 videos before you really get the views and search results to get monetized.

I have tried talking the wife into starting a channel. Women seem to watch alot of these different channels full of other women rambling about nothing.

You can go to socialblade.com and get an idea on what channels are making. I about fell over when I searched the channels my 8 year old watches. Six figure income by making arts and crafts videos... I’ve played the game of life wrong lol

You can go to socialblade.com and get an idea on what channels are making. I about fell over when I searched the channels my 8 year old watches. Six figure income by making arts and crafts videos... I’ve played the game of life wrong lol

And dumbasses like WhistlinDiesel bringing home 7 figures. Can't hate him for playing the game though, just wish I had thought of it.

Duane

And dumbasses like WhistlinDiesel bringing home 7 figures. Can't hate him for playing the game though, just wish I had thought of it.

Duane
Yea I wouldn’t watch his content because I just thought he was a privileged d-bag show boating on someone else’s money. I didn’t understand that the more stupid he did means the more views he got and The more views the more green in his pocket. Making a killing out there having fun.
then merchandise sales probably is double what his YouTube income is.

Duane
He's just actively looking for ways to piss people off now.People on FB are constantly posting his video's bitchin about him and Im like HELLO!!!! your helping pay for the very thing youre bithchin about. They are bigger dumass's than he is.

He's just actively looking for ways to piss people off now.People on FB are constantly posting his video's bitchin about him and Im like HELLO!!!! your helping pay for the very thing youre bithchin about. They are bigger dumass's than he is.

Yep. One channel I watch the guy said he didn't care what the comment said or if you gave a thumbs up or thumbs down. A view is a view and an interaction is an interaction, the algorithm doesn't discriminate.

Duane

They didnt say but I can only hope the shooter wasnt white and the shoot-ie wasnt black.And dude droppin his burger when he heard shots????? yeah right!!! that brother wouldn't break sentence at the sound of a gun shot much less be suprised by it. :lol:

They didnt say but I can only hope the shooter wasnt white and the shoot-ie wasnt black. And dude droppin his burger when he heard shots????? yeah right!!! that brother wouldn't break sentence at the sound of a gun shot much less be suprised by it. :lol:

Wish granted. According to this the prankster is a white guy known for pranking black people. Like @jeepinmatt said I feel bad for the shooter, but the prankster got what he deserved.

Duane

then merchandise sales probably is double what his YouTube income is.

This is the part I'll never understand. EVERYONE is selling shit! And they cant keep up! I'll never understand the amount of people that buy 20-30 dollar shirts from all these youtube channels.

This is the part I'll never understand. EVERYONE is selling shit! And they cant keep up! I'll never understand the amount of people that buy 20-30 dollar shirts from all these youtube channels.

I was surprised by that too, but I guess it's not really different than having an NC4X4 shirt. I don't wear it a lot but I bought it to show support to the board. Guess the same could be said for buying a shirt for a channel as a "hey, you provide me entertainment, here's some money, keep up the good work." Of course a lot use merch sales as entries into a giveaway now too. Every $10 spent in the shop gets you an entry for this tool/car/whatever. Helps drive up numbers.

Duane

Back