YouTube channel

HGSR

craigslistaholic
Well if you run out of stuff to watch on the YouTube’s check out my channel. Also on “Fakebook” and Instagram

No 4wd builds just yet but I’ve been buying parts to put a my K10 truck back together again.

In since you're local. Seen the henry knob road sign in the background.

Looking forward to some k10 videos. Let me know if there's any parts you need, got a few slope nose parts trucks.

I'm not sure of his user name but I think at least some CNC4x4 guys know Mike Lake. His channel is called 5 Lake's Garage. He talks about his rig, camping, scouts, among other things.

That's the one! I'd actually missed that post...

Suscribed and liked .

let’s support our NC4x4 ‘Tubers!

Who else has a Chanel?

I know @tknopp does and @UncleWillie .
I Got fed up with Utube. Several years ago they demonetized my account for not having enough subscribers. NO big deal I do it for fun not for a living. A short time ago they started putting ads on my videos, and not paying me for them. Scummy thing to do. I use Rumble now. I can be annoying on a whole new platform. And I have earned a whole $.17. About three times what my videos are worth.

A short time ago they started putting ads on my videos, and not paying me for them.
How much did you have to pay YouTube to ride their servers and search engine?

Last edited:
I Got fed up with Utube. Several years ago they demonetized my account for not having enough subscribers. NO big deal I do it for fun not for a living. A short time ago they started putting ads on my videos, and not paying me for them. Scummy thing to do. I use Rumble now. I can be annoying on a whole new platform. And I have earned a whole $.17. About three times what my videos are worth.
Yeah a few years ago they changed to a minimum of 1000 subscribers to have a monetized channel. They also mentioned in the Nov/Dec terms of agreement that they sent out that they could put ads on any channel. Monetized or not.

We travel alot buying and selling and always hear "really.that's what you do for a living??" and have thought about starting my own channel but I feel like I don't have the personality for it and I'd probably have to give up all the honey holes I've spent years finding.Plus my recorded voice makes me sound like an inbred hillbilly.

yea it’s 1000 subs and 4000 hours of watch time just to apply for monetization. Iam not really concerned with that though. I’ve figured out that if I focus on getting out one video a week then I actually go work on junk. So that’s my reason for doing it. Those first videos were ROUGH! I felt like Ricky Bobby and I couldn’t figure out what to do with my hands.

yea it’s 1000 subs and 4000 hours of watch time just to apply for monetization. Iam not really concerned with that though. I’ve figured out that if I focus on getting out one video a week then I actually go work on junk. So that’s my reason for doing it. Those first videos were ROUGH! I felt like Ricky Bobby and I couldn’t figure out what to do with my hands.
I watch "cole the cornstar" semi regular and he seems to put out a video every 2-3 days.A guy here local (gear runner I think) was/is doin it and had been doin gun and tactical gear reviews.He was starting to get in the money and get free stuff to try out until they put the screws to him over his content (guns).Last I heard he was doin vid's on car stuff.My schedule is not stable enuf to film anything.Im always chasing the next shiny thing that has a $ attached to it.I could be three states away this time tommorow and have no plans of leaving the house as of tonight.I put over 1800 miles on my truck just last week.

Does it bother you guys when you stumble on these youtube videos with a million views and the guy has no clue what he is doing. Like someone working on a engine about all they know is seafoam and new spark plugs. then there was one that had some nice guns he invited people to come shoot with him and no one could hit anything. The guy was like oh i just stuck that red dot on there. It's probably way off. I mean a 50 yard zero doesn't take long.

I typically dont watch many "how to" videos.What gets me is people giving tech advise in the FB groups and they have no clue what they are even looking at.They're not smart enuf to know that they dont know.

I typically dont watch many "how to" videos.What gets me is people giving tech advise in the FB groups and they have no clue what they are even looking at.They're not smart enuf to know that they dont know.
Go read that D-6 thread....boy don't know shit about N/A engines which makes for great entertainment.

Sometimes it's fun to watch the world burn

B7BADD48-CEBE-4EC9-AD42-BE26B81F6CF2.jpeg

I know of several instances where friends of mine with a large following have asked me questions about setups, engine knowledge, parts, etc just to post up my answers as “theirs” on Instagram, Facebook, whatever, and even try and use my contacts without knowing who they are and such.

@1-tonmudder @HGSR or whoever, if you want to do it, go for. For everything you do, someone will ask or look that up and find their answer through you and what you’ve done. The more you do, the more they know, and knowing is half the battle. Wear it out cubscout! You can’t be a pansy all of your life.

I didn't mind not making money. I started doing it for fun and didn't even know you could get paid. But when they started putting ads that they got paid for and I didn't it pissed me off. Then there is thier censorship that is another story.

Back