Youtube of the day

Dafuq is wrong with people?

I'm guessing super drunk, crashed car (can be seen in median), tried to leave the scene to avoid DWI, but died instead.

Interesting mod for axe splitting

Uggha. Makes my head hurt. 😂....jokes aside a double bit axe was not meant for splitting work. The two sides insured a always sharp tool for cutting and felling work. Some had slightly different bevels on each side, this was rare. Both edges made very slender along with the eye for deeper penetration. The double bit also gave the business end a bit more mass but not so much as a splitting maul. The idea was heavy enough not to bounce and light enough for speed and not wear you out.
I have a couple versions and a well maintained period piece is plain sexy. The guy splitting with a tool meant to cut against the grain make me twitch.

Uggha. Makes my head hurt. 😂....jokes aside a double bit axe was not meant for splitting work. The two sides insured a always sharp tool for cutting and felling work. Some had slightly different bevels on each side, this was rare. Both edges made very slender along with the eye for deeper penetration. The double bit also gave the business end a bit more mass but not so much as a splitting maul. The idea was heavy enough not to bounce and light enough for speed and not wear you out.
I have a couple versions and a well maintained period piece is plain sexy. The guy splitting with a tool meant to cut against the grain make me twitch.
Oh I know this but still an interesting take on using a small bit axe to split kindling or the like.

Not youtube, but this was on PBS again tonight. I saw it on TV back in July, but they they didn't have the episodes online then.

About a bunch of kids that did a cross country bike ride in '82. Reminded me of some (not nearly as epic) trips I did way back when.

Episodes are playable on this page: Shadow of a Wheel | PBS

Could you imagine 3 twenty-something adults leading 31 kids across the country, in today's world? (Gather 'round, young'uns, I'll tell you about a magical time in our history before lawyers ruled the country.)

Any of you other NC college alums miss hearing Preacher Gary? Skip ahead to 2min mark for the good stuff

First, watch this:

Then, watch this (at 25~26 min if the timestamp doesn't carry):

Then be humored by the evolution to this:

Last edited:
Yall still orta watch that ^

But this is the most journalistic, intellectual Whistlin Diesel video I've ever seen:

Last edited:

Back