Zoning of a tow lot?

Loganwayne

#BTL
Would the lot fall under commercial or something else? Any special requirements like fenced?

A tow company has leased or is using a small lot near my house. I’ve been nearly hit twice in two days by their drivers blowing stop signs, the owners don’t seem to care and the “police force” seem to have better stuff to do. Between the tow trucks almost hitting me and using my yard to do a 3 point turn and spinning it up. I’m about ready to do something besides just calling their office and the cops.
This intersection they keep running is also ran daily by people going to a dance studio at the end of the road and I’ve called for over a year about that and the cops don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Near Angie’s dance?

Right behind it and maybe to the right

600d5b0c6d86d80fcf01ada8a079c5e4.jpg

Should be considered commercial but you are in Clyde and the owners probably lined someone’s pocket already. Is Domestic auto the company that we’re talking about?

Should be considered commercial but you are in Clyde and the owners probably lined someone’s pocket already. Is Domestic auto the company that we’re talking about?

Negative. This is a new company and doesn’t have a good reputation from what I’m hearing.

Sadly, probably the best thing you could do is to get hit by them running the stop sign. Nice expensive ordeal that would cause their insurance to go up. That would at least raise the owner's attention.
I'm not sure what relevance the zoning is to the situation unless you are trying to get them in trouble for a violation, but in a small town like that (1) its not like nobody knows they are there or (2) the probability of somebody in city zoning actually caring enough to disturb their cousin's family business is really small.
And on top of that its not like they'll get closed down.

I mean, what would you hope to accomplish? What are you wanting from the situation?
Really, the only thing you could do is to take @jeepinmatt 's advice and burn the place down.

Sadly, probably the best thing you could do is to get hit by them running the stop sign. Nice expensive ordeal that would cause their insurance to go up. That would at least raise the owner's attention.
I'm not sure what relevance the zoning is to the situation unless you are trying to get them in trouble for a violation, but in a small town like that (1) its not like nobody knows they are there or (2) the probability of somebody in city zoning actually caring enough to disturb their cousin's family business is really small.
And on top of that its not like they'll get closed down.

I mean, what would you hope to accomplish? What are you wanting from the situation?
Really, the only thing you could do is to take @jeepinmatt 's advice and burn the place down.

Their lot isn’t fenced now. Hope if they caught enough hell they would find a different lot

Their insurance is already threw the roof they totaled two brand new f350s at the ford dealership towing one of their own tow trucks in.

That would most likely need to be zoned industrial. I was looking at opening a boat repair and that was classified as the same

Video them running the stop sign and post it to social media or send it to the local news.

I had a talk with the chief of police that called the mayor in apparently I’m not the only one to complain about their driving and the stop sign at my house. We will see what comes of it. If nothing happens I’ve got gopro’s to throw up looking both directions

Stop sticks will help them stop.

But it would be less labor intensive to just burn their house down.

Take off your shirt, march over there and give them a good talking to.
They'll avoid you like the plague.
No no no you gotta rip it off while in the middle of ranting

Stop sticks will help them stop.

But it would be less labor intensive to just burn their house down.

I'll say it again. No problem can't be solved with a well placed match.

I respect your intelligence. In fact, you are one of the brightest people I know.
However, until you see how the common Appalachian redneck reacts to @Loganwayne's man teets, you simply don't understand.
That why I suggest unveiling them live, on the spot, rather than walking in with the surprise already wasted.

Back