Vehicle weight rating change

Lol its still cheaper than a ticket.. might as well go all in if youre going overweight. That's why I got a 8000lb tag on my 3500. Hell it's been sitting on the floorboard since March and never had an issue in state or out. Been to Iowa, Illinois, Arkansas, Virginia, PA and eveywhere in between grossing 16k-22klbs. Haven't been stopped yet, I don't think the popo care anymore. Just Mr. DOT man.
Kindred spirits<3

Lol its still cheaper than a ticket.. might as well go all in if youre going overweight. That's why I got a 8000lb tag on my 3500. Hell it's been sitting on the floorboard since March and never had an issue in state or out. Been to Iowa, Illinois, Arkansas, Virginia, PA and eveywhere in between grossing 16k-22klbs. Haven't been stopped yet, I don't think the popo care anymore. Just Mr. DOT man.
Yep, I run an expired 12k I think. She’s old enough to start pre k. I pull mid 20s a lot. But more often my 40’ fifth wheel which I believe doesn’t. Hard to run it with a trailer behind it. So unless your pulled your hood

Shoot my 12valve tank is so stained with red I don’t think it’ll ever come out. But then again I used to dump a Jerry can or 4 of JP-8 out of the motorpool in it too 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Fawk taxes.
We dumped JP-8 in a rental 6.7 Cummins once. Boy, she didn’t like it. My warrant calls me up and says he’s broke down on chicken road (I’m sure you’re familiar with that rd.). There was so much water in it that 6.7 with all them digicals didn’t know what to do. It was only a few gallons, so I pulled the filter and had him turn it over a bunch of times until we pretty much emptied the tank onto the gr.. I mean an approved container. Put the filter back on and ran a bunch of seafoam through it. We then limped it back to the rental company.

We dumped JP-8 in a rental 6.7 Cummins once. Boy, she didn’t like it. My warrant calls me up and says he’s broke down on chicken road (I’m sure you’re familiar with that rd.). There was so much water in it that 6.7 with all them digicals didn’t know what to do. It was only a few gallons, so I pulled the filter and had him turn it over a bunch of times until we pretty much emptied the tank onto the gr.. I mean an approved container. Put the filter back on and ran a bunch of seafoam through it. We then limped it back to the rental company.
Yeah the 12 valve would eat on it but a buddy of mine with a ford 6.0 tired it and he didn’t make it half way down chicken headed towards wayside and called me to come pick him up. The new F-24 mix they are using for everything is supposedly way better but never ran any off it.

There is a whole formula to figure out the penalty but essentially you will be fined what it would have cost you to put on the amount of weight you were hauling on your tag to begin with.

You have gross weight and you also have axle groupings. (Two separate penalties) Unless you are running tandems you most likely won’t bust your groupings but you could…

I have seen 10k penalties… granted those are permit loads but still a lot of money…

Back