02 Tacoma Build

Got the light bar and hoop installed. Turned out pretty good, light bar is a little off center but oh well. Also got the turn signals and the resistors installed to cure the hyper flash.

View attachment 194950

Simple fuse panel and mount, need to pull it back off and paint it but that's for another day.

View attachment 194951
How hot do your resistors get? I tried them on a previous motorcycle build with LED turn signals. Didn't like them getting so hot, especially right under my seat. I ended up going with an electronic LED specific flasher relay.

How hot do your resistors get? I tried them on a previous motorcycle build with LED turn signals. Didn't like them getting so hot, especially right under my seat. I ended up going with an electronic LED specific flasher relay.
Honestly I don't know, they are mounted up by the turn signals to the bumper so not to worried if they do get hot. I would've done the new flasher relay but had ordered the resistors already.

Didn't you bob your bed already?

Yes. If I remember correctly, we took 14" out. It was a bigger pain than I thought it would be, due to reinforcement under the bed and the location of the rear body mounts. But it was still only a few hours from starting the cut to welding it back together.

It has changed a lot since this pic.

image.jpg

Yeah I'm not looking forward to it. Also figured out that the tie rods ends are tight, but the rack itself has play in it. Time to look for a new rack I guess.

Well hit a fucking 6pt the other night on my way home. When I stopped to look for damage only noticed the headlight, didn't see the door till I got home. Needles to say I want happy about the door.

awww_tacomaworld_com_attachments_uploadfromtaptalk1448551798310_jpg_832683__.jpg

awww_tacomaworld_com_attachments_uploadfromtaptalk1448551817333_jpg_832684__.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to fix the door or not, no worse then what can happen on the trails. New headlights though are in order now.

On a side note I did get something I've been needing for the regear.
awww_tacomaworld_com_attachments_uploadfromtaptalk1448669518474_jpg_833693__.jpg

The dent in the door blends in just fine with the other dents!
Yeah, just wish it would've came from a trail. I think I'm going to pop it out the best I can, don't feel like claiming this on insurance. Going to keep an eye open for a set of doors though.

Now is the best time to make a half door out of it

Royota, or Roy, down towards Robbins might know where a good set is. I think he is on here

One of these is not like the other's (three really but who's counting).

uploadfromtaptalk1449976282489.jpg

Had our clubs (Carolina Trailblazers) annual Christmas party ride, first want nearly as crowded as anticipated. Took my dad out and had a blast. Only got a few pics of me coming up Dickey Bell, pretty sure one of them is when I stalled. It was strategic for the picture taking.

uploadfromtaptalk1449976332765.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1449976344419.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1449976353405.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1449976361832.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1449976369849.jpg

Well called Two Guys Metal Fab today and ordered my winch. Getting a Tiger Shark 9500 SR, plus the solenoid box relocation kit, and the Factor 55 winch lock. Ordering my master install kits and solid spacers from ECGS later this week, hopefully can get my re-gear done before Windrock in March.

Well finally got my winch installed. It was a very tight fit, was a little worried at first. Had to trim the grille a little more than I wanted to but oh well. Going to order the new Factor 55 splicer thimble once it's available. That and still need to make a bracket to hold the contactor box.
uploadfromtaptalk1453447458990-jpg.207617

uploadfromtaptalk1453447473150-jpg.207618

uploadfromtaptalk1453447485494-jpg.207619

Just ordered new shifter bushings from Marlin and the URD short throw shifter since it was 40 bucks off right now.

Any SAS soon?
I would like too but it's going to be awhile. Having a baby, getting married and still being in school doesn't leave much budget to work with. Looking at getting the TG 3 link kit next year after finishing school and fixing some of the little things I don't like about the kit.

Back