2002 2500HD - Solid Axle Tow Rig

I had another sleep study last night, so I was off yesterday. I was going to fix the fuel leak on my CUCV, but my buddy had a truck in the shop. If I had pulled it in and not finished, I would have had it blocked in.

So...I tinkered with the "new" HD. The driver's side door pull was busted and suuuper annoying. eBay for the win! Picked up some 3D printed door pull repair brackets and some super glue. Easy enough and took maybe 45 minutes with varioua gluing and holding until the glue kicked off. I think both brackets were 28 bucks shipped. Made by some dude in Texas. Figured I'd go ahead and get both sides, just in case I need the passenger's side later on, plus he knocks off a few bucks if you get them both.

It's the little things that really make a big difference :D

20240207_102003.jpg

20240207_102011.jpg

20240207_102033.jpg

20240207_110838.jpg

20240207_120838.jpg

Once I get all set up with the ol' CPAP machine and get a few nights/a week's worth of good sleep and finally have some energy, I'm going to get moving on swapping parts over from the old truck.

I really miss the big ass fuel tank, the gooseneck hitch, coilovers, solid axle, and hydro assist steering. I also forgot just how much I absolutely hate the way these trucks ride and drive in stock form!

I wouldn't want to go a night without mine. I tried several types of mask before finding one I liked
if you've never used one before I recommend ResMed Air Touch F20 it has a memory foam seal works pretty good with facial hair.

I just use one of the nose things. Luckily, I'm not a mouth breather šŸ˜…

Well, I did finally order some new frame plates, the frame side panhard bar mount, and some new bumpstops for the front. I'll probably get new coilover mounts at some point also. If my buddy wants to cut all the old stuff off and use it on his '04 HD, then he can have that stuff as payment for helping me and letting me use the shop.

It's been rainy and wet, so I haven't swapped over the gooseneck hitch yet either.

One of these days, I'll get around to it!

Decided to go ahead and ger new coilover mounts. One of these weekends, here soon, I'll gut the front end of my new truck, start welding, and start getting things swapped over. I miss having my comfortable and reliable truck. It's also the only one I have with AC...and AC season is upon us!

I need to order some PPE motor mounts, S&B body mounts, and put in a decent sized Amsoil order and that should about cover it for swapping over the drivetrain as well. Oh, and some heat/sound deadening to put on the firewall and in the transmission tunnel.

Back