2010 Uwharrie May Jam: 4x4 Race, Mud Race, FREEROCK, Grudge & Tire-Sled Pull 28-30th

Hmmm, I like what your saying . . . anyone else wanna weigh in? Get a few opinions before we settle on something - but I do like what your saying . . .

You know my Motto - Holdin It Wide Open and Looking For More Throttle :driver:

I still like the idea of lining yall up side by side and just dropping the flag and let her rip all at once - top 5 come back Sunday :cool:

Yeah let me know what you decide, I'm thinking about entering two vehicles, one in A and one in B, or 2 in A, just depending on how u guys set it up. Or do this, have fast 5 race together starting at same time on sunday, that way sat is like qualifying for sunday race. Or just keep it like it is time laps, let's not make it too complicated

You want people to finish, most ecors race only 2 to 3 people finish

Well consdering we did have a few DNF's last year... the course will still break a vehicle if pushed and as you know Brad you can still finish top and broke too. :driver:
I think its ultimatley up to Jonnie and Ricky on how the racing goes but my 2 cents is depending on the amount of racers entered we could do two laps. We had a pretty full day last year Saturday even though there where only like 7 or 8 B class entries we were overfull in the A class. Sooooo I say race til it breaks and perhaps we can do two laps with a top 5 doing 1 or 2 laps on Sunday.
(I guess thats four cents) :rolleyes:

Dang Straight, btw been discussing tippin the hat to the ECORS boys strategy and doing the staggered release multiple lap method of racing vrs time trial single lap style for the qualifying on Sat, everyone seems to enjoy that much better :cool:

Wont be a large amount of laps, thinking like 5 or 6 laps per class

Plus your gonna get to launch off down the dragstrip in front of the crowd this time to start, and with all the tree's we cleared out, you can literally stand on top of the rockpile and watch everything, I know where I'll be :driver:

I'd be in for this.... providing I can get one of my trucks back together...

Or do this, have fast 5 race together starting at same time on sunday, that way sat is like qualifying for sunday race.

That I like, Sat qualifying single lap time trials like normal

Sun top 5 come back for two laps, all launch at once in order via there qualifying time, Rub n Race your way to first place within the two laps

That I like, Sat qualifying single lap time trials like normal
Sun top 5 come back for two laps, all launch at once in order via there qualifying time, Rub n Race your way to first place within the two laps

Let me know Ricky so I can figure out whether are not to enter 2 rigs is one class. Thanks

Are they still going to have both humps in the mud pit? I saw some comments on the uwharrie site about them. My crazy ass is thinking about running my jeep in it, I love mud :lol:

me from Rockvember

Well I was hoping to run Stock Mod, but since I don't have a license it doesn't look possible. Hoping I am wrong though, I didn't think I would need a license to run an offroad race. Also, Im running an 8" lift on my xj, stock axles geared/shafts rear welded, if I drop down to a set of 33's would I be able to participate in stock class also? (assuming Im able to participate at all without a license)

After a quick overview of the requirements I meet all of them for Stock and Stock mod other than having a valid license.

you don't need a license. This aint a NC road you're racin on.
Unless Ricky you tell me - does the Insurance require a license?

Wilson's Off-Road High Speed Off-Road Race
-Preregistration by May 18th 2010, any later and all Race entry
fee's increase by $50
-Entry Fee Refund Cutoff May 15th
-Safety restraints, full Face Helmets, first aid kits, and hard
mounted Fire extinguishers required
-Factory Roll Bar and windshield, Full Factory Roof from A Pillar
to B Pillar, or Roll cage required - something has to cover your
head
-Must be 18 years of age or older with valid Drivers License to
race
-Co-drivers must pay an additional $25 fee to cover extra
insurance costs and be 18 years of age or older with valid
Drivers License
-Only 1 co-driver allowed but not necessary
-Nitrous allowed only in Pro class
----------------------------

I took my information from there, I have ID and what not. Will start talking to my brother, maybe get him interested too.

Ive never been to the Stables, only been to URE 3 times so really just a few questions...
I know where the stables are, what trails will be covered in the race? Any course pictures or information? Any reference or comparison to what the most difficult obstacles will be? My brother is on 33's open diff front and rear on stock 3.55s, he would run stock class if interested. I would like to run both stock and Mod Stock

Btw: Dirtbike helmet w/o the visor work for the helmet or would I need to borrow a motorcycle helmet?
Standard Seat belts good enough?

If u think 31's will be ok for B class, ill just run my jeep in both classes, assuming it holds up. Really think dust is gonna be a big factor if we get a few rigs out there, I stopped by to watch atvs run on sunday, dust was crazy, limited visibility.

Ha, I do know the Wilson Off-road crew is plannin on bringing numerous rigs to race

Ricky Brantley is rollin out with every truck he has which is a lot of trucks, like several for both the mud races, including 2.5 ton Trucks on the big skinny Vtreads, and two for the high speed race . . . and this dude was racin tuff trucks before I was born

Darrel Jones from Lee County (Sanford) LCMMC is coming out for the Mud Race with his 4 scooby crew trucks . . . he's the one that has been on like MTV/ESPN/Outdoor channel and every magazine and constantly sets new world records with his insane blower pro hill n hole mud buggy

The 4x4cross 2.5 Ton Mud Racing Team will be there

Couple 2.5 trucks outta East bend at least one of em on the tall skinny vtreads said they're probably coming

Its gonna be freakin crazy boys :smokin:

Yea, two humps, standard regulation 250 foot Hill n hole pit, but heck yea man, come on with it, you can run the 4 n 6 cylinder class :smokin:

I was just checking the rules out and have a question. I may be getting 37's what class would I have to run in then? The way I read it anything over 36 I have to have a kill switch. It doesnt matter to much, I'm really just doing it to play in the mud :lol:

Darrel Jones from Lee County (Sanford) LCMMC is coming out for the Mud Race with his 4 scooby crew trucks . . . he's the one that has been on like MTV/ESPN/Outdoor channel and every magazine and constantly sets new world records with his insane blower pro hill n hole mud buggy

thats cool, a guy from NJ that just opened a mud track up there was just telling me about him, one of the Scooby trucks has 3800HP :bounce2:

I was just checking the rules out and have a question. I may be getting 37's what class would I have to run in then? The way I read it anything over 36 I have to have a kill switch. It doesnt matter to much, I'm really just doing it to play in the mud :lol:

thats cool, a guy from NJ that just opened a mud track up there was just telling me about him, one of the Scooby trucks has 3800HP :bounce2:

I'd hold off on the 37's man, it'll kick you up into one of the bigger tire v8 truck classes that will kinda be unfair for you

I just want to let Dylan know that I'll be in B this year.....can't hide from the reeper....

I just want to let Dylan know that I'll be in B this year.....can't hide from the reeper....
I hear ya! Game on homy!

After seing the video, I am wishing we could run a 10 lap deal.
(Not that I'd finish that either..lol)

My .02

I really think B class should run the logs and have to use 4wd..maybe even run a more similar course as the C guys.

If I am going to kill it for one lap...I love not to get beat by 2...two wheel drive trucks, like last year

I love the track, and a race is a race, but I run the 4x4 stuff...not a pre-runner. And I AINT SKEERED TO GO FAST!

I'd just like to hit some stuff that a 2 wdrive cant touch!
Give the 2 wdrives there own class.

Great job on the video Guys!:beer:
Great job on the facilities, Johnny!:beer:

Who else is racing?

Talked to Ricky for awhile when we filmed this about having side by side or staggered starts.
The problem is the dust.
yeah if you are in front aint no thang.
BUT Baja does it and KOH but they got way more room.
This is 1 and half wide most the way around.

And Dylan we're leaving the rocks at the start around the curve before the ledge, that should give some 2wd a real challenge. Also the logs are deeper ruts than you think. But you may not give a damn and have a point IF - IF - a 2wd truck shows up.

Who's racing? I know Ricky said Wilson's folks is bringing like 6 or 7 trucks to run few different classes. So there is a few right there. But you guys, put your money where your mouth is if you aint registered already. Let me know who IS racing so we can have an idea for times. And yes still doing top 5 on sunday.

Talked to Ricky for awhile when we filmed this about having side by side or staggered starts.
The problem is the dust.
yeah if you are in front aint no thang.
BUT Baja does it and KOH but they got way more room.
This is 1 and half wide most the way around.
And Dylan we're leaving the rocks at the start around the curve before the ledge, that should give some 2wd a real challenge. Also the logs are deeper ruts than you think. But you may not give a damn and have a point IF - IF - a 2wd truck shows up.
Who's racing? I know Ricky said Wilson's folks is bringing like 6 or 7 trucks to run few different classes. So there is a few right there. But you guys, put your money where your mouth is if you aint registered already. Let me know who IS racing so we can have an idea for times. And yes still doing top 5 on sunday.

I'f I'm not mistaken the logs are for C only, also are u talking about the rocks below the dragstrip after u make the turn? Those are freakin annoying a 2wd can get through there but its gonna just be rough as hell are yaw gonna smooth that area out , also where are we going up to the finish at? Did not really see a spot, it was jut loose dirt and no place to gain momentum to get up speed to make it. Other than those few issues the course looked awesom, lots of fun!!!

Yeah I was just talking about the logs cause Dylan wanted to throw that in there. But yeah only 'pro' class for the logs.

Tell ya what I'll be sure that that area is a little rocky but not redonkulous with boulders and shit. Gotta at least get the A class through. There is only a few there now.

As for the end, we talked to Jonny and he is going to push the edge of the hill at the end of the drag way in between the 4 hay bails at the end of the video down so that you have that last left turn and then full throttle uphill onto the end of the dragway then str8 to the finish. It shoots you str8 into the dragstrip and you will have the length of the dragstrip to slow down.

I talked to Ricky tpday, there are quite a few registered, not sure how many are in pro class though, he could probably rell you?:driver:

Back