2018 Jeep Wrangler

Atla

Pew Pew! Vroom Vroom!
Only thing I'm confused about, is: did they bring the Dana 35 back? Or not?

I've seen so many conflicting reports that I don't know WHAT is true any more

I have not heard about the D35 but I did hear they put aluminum knuckles on the front. Not sure about that..... The Diesel is what I'm interested in. It's in the Ram 1500 now. I have yet to talk to anyone that owns it yet and tows with it. I'd love to hook my trailer and jeep to a 1500 and see how it does.

The starting price for the Wrangler is now $28,190 for a 2-door.

They excluded the YJ from the "Heritage" part of the reveal experience. Looks like its not "Hip to be Square" anymore

I'm so excited! Not that I care at all about the new features, but because the old JKs will plummet in price and I might actually buy one, lol

I feel like it will be awhile yet. It wont really be able to drop until enough years have passed the majority have payed off their vehicles. Right now they seem to almost all owe 20K or more and none want to sell for less than what the bank says they owe lol.

I feel like it will be awhile yet. It wont really be able to drop until enough years have passed the majority have payed off their vehicles. Right now they seem to almost all owe 20K or more and none want to sell for less than what the bank says they owe lol.

If you go to Boone, I swear 1/10th of all the college kids own a JK with $10,000 worth of accessories. Enjoy paying off those Student Loans, bub.

(And I'm not talking about the ridiculous six figure Jeep's at High Country 4x4.)

If you go to Boone, I swear 1/10th of all the college kids own a JK with $10,000 worth of accessories. Enjoy paying off those Student Loans, bub.

(And I'm not talking about the ridiculous six figure Jeep's at High Country 4x4.)

I would put the figure closer to 1/5 of them having "decked out" jks. And I would bet the vast majority of them don't have student loans, mom and dad pay their tuition.

One of those collage student jk owners asked me a while back if my tj was a cj5.

I have yet to talk to anyone that owns it yet and tows with it.
I mentioned this in another thread, but a guy I work with had one. He bought it brand new and sold it one year later because he could't stand that engine. He said it was gutless. Very fuel efficient when not loaded though.

My mom has a 2016 Grand Cherokee with the 3.0 eco diesel. Previously she owned a 2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI. Fuel economy has been very good in the Jeep, Mid 20s with mixed city driving and 28ish highway. The Jeep feels faster than the Touareg because of gearing, but neither were lacking for power. Both in the 5000-5500lb range. 3.0 ecodiesel will be awesome in a 2 door wrangler. and still pretty good in a 4 door.

I mentioned this in another thread, but a guy I work with had one. He bought it brand new and sold it one year later because he could't stand that engine. He said it was gutless. Very fuel efficient when not loaded though.
I must have missed that. I guess we all dream of double digit MPG with a rig on the trailer from the tow pig......

My mom has a 2016 Grand Cherokee with the 3.0 eco diesel. Previously she owned a 2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI. Fuel economy has been very good in the Jeep, Mid 20s with mixed city driving and 28ish highway. The Jeep feels faster than the Touareg because of gearing, but neither were lacking for power. Both in the 5000-5500lb range. 3.0 ecodiesel will be awesome in a 2 door wrangler. and still pretty good in a 4 door.

One of my boys drives a 99 MD Diesel and loves it. We were looking at the 08 jeep grand's or whatever year MB put the diesel in them, but they were still pricey back then. Hell I bet they still are. I've read that people with the 3.0 in the Jeep like it.

I will throw in that I just passed the two year mark with my 2015 Rubicon. ZERO issues with it. Been in 4 times for the free oil changes, thats all. FWIW

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My wife had a 2014 grand with the eco diesel and it averaged 28mpg with mixed City and hwy. I’ve gotten 32 driving it to Charleston and back.

I’m wanting one of the new scramblers with the eco for a DD when they become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any bets on the Diesel jeep price? I'm saying $40K. Thoughts?

The EcoDeisel adds $4200 to the ram 1500, so the JL I'd want, Rubicon JLT fully optioned, Probably about $64,000~$70,000, And I don't want it that bad...

4843E1D9-D00B-4DCE-95CE-0CDBD00A2D33.png
Well the jk with the pickup conversion from the dealer was around $75k.

Back