4.7 stroker build parts list

90C38DCB-7BA5-4667-BC25-05EEF67DAB8A.jpeg

So I guess I have a 12 weight crank based on that link.

after discussing this with my wife, we have decided to go with the 505performance stage 1 kit.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys.

The machine work on the block and rods is finished. will be picking up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Zack @ 505 told me no worries about having to degree the cam said lint the dots up on the timing gears and go. Machinist is checking the ring gap and stripping the head so I can gasket match it. I'll return it to him afterwards for the valve job.

Hope to be assembling mid August.

I went to URE for the weekend camping & wheeling. Oil psi got a bit low while wheeling. Got home and pulled the pan.

What causes cam bearings to push out like this? Also, half of my lifters I can move the inner with my little finger.

Linky to pics --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/x11M2RRxmCrVMSGw6

The cam still looks good.

Did you have the cam bores line honed? I'd think if it was run good and hot it might have distorted. or maybe if they didn't take force to drive in or maybe the cam out of true. Just a few ideas for thought food. Maybe are they supposed to be staked in?

Did you have the cam bores line honed? I'd think if it was run good and hot it might have distorted. or maybe if they didn't take force to drive in or maybe the cam out of true. Just a few ideas for thought food. Maybe are they supposed to be staked in?

I had them installed at the machinist. The bearing the were in the block looked good. So I did not request line boring. I'm going to drop off the cam to be checked tomorrow. It looks good though. All the lobes look fine as well as the bearing surfaces.

Russ Pottenger told me there is a problem with lifter part numbers. The standard ones are too small OD. The part number I had was Comp 867-12. Not sure if that's right or not, but might help.

I had them installed at the machinist. The bearing the were in the block looked good. So I did not request line boring. I'm going to drop off the cam to be checked tomorrow. It looks good though. All the lobes look fine as well as the bearing surfaces.

IIRC, the other lifters will work, but they're loose and may be noisy.

IIRC, the other lifters will work, but they're loose and may be noisy.

It had lots of lifter noise and valve clacking on start. I am definately purchasing new lifters.

I am suspecting the cam is the issue. The polish on the cam journals maybe. Really want to figure out the root cause before reassembly

The part number I had was Comp 867-12.

I ordered these, thank you

Here is one of my old lifters. I can move it like this with my little finger while holding it in hand. I haven't measured the diameter, but if it's a bit small then could it be bleeding oil and cause this issue?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gEBQi4QbV9Vr8pVC8

Cam is at machinist to be checked and re parkerized. it looked pretty good. Bringing the block and head to him, he wants to wash and check alignment and valve guide height. (He installed new guides)

One of the bearing pics looks like the lead smeared, did it?

Yea, no oil psi at Idle and drove back from Uwharrie. I have all new bearings coming, will be here tomorrow. I hope to have the block back by friday so I can start putting it back together this weekend.

My Machinist has finished the inspection of the head and the block. no issues were found. He and one of his old engine builder buddies both looked at it. Their conclusion is the I got some shit bearings from 505 performance..

I called Zach at 505, he stated that there is no way to prove that and he would not warrant even a set of cam bearings. That dude is a fast talking fuck, I wish I would have known what I know now about them. Took 4 shipments to get all of my kit, then when it did finally come it was still missing parts.. head bolts, 1 push rod.

My Machinist has finished the inspection of the head and the block. no issues were found. He and one of his old engine builder buddies both looked at it. Their conclusion is the I got some shit bearings from 505 performance..

I called Zach at 505, he stated that there is no way to prove that and he would not warrant even a set of cam bearings. That dude is a fast talking fuck, I wish I would have known what I know now about them. Took 4 shipments to get all of my kit, then when it did finally come it was still missing parts.. head bolts, 1 push rod.
That sucks. And is also why I put almost zero value on warranties. It's too easy to weasel out of em.

And right there is reason enough I'll never order anything from them.
Sorry for your bad luck buddy

That sucks. And is also why I put almost zero value on warranties. It's too easy to weasel out of em.
You are dealing with the wrong folks if you have warranty issues.. just saying. I got no problems with my primary parts vendor (advance). They even gave me a new head gasket over the heater valve failing in my Jeep.. as well they pay labor with commercial accounts.. now other vendors, not so much.. hell o really parts never has opened me a commercial account even though I do decent business volume. And I've asked 12 times last year.

/sorry for the derail

I'll post up some pick of the "polished" rodes they sent me.(when I get back from work tomorrow) I looked at them and thought "WTF" called zach and he said. "You didn't say you were running a supercharger or a turbo. I'll warranty them.. cocksucker won't warranty shit.

finished re-assembling the engine. finally have really good oil pressure when hot. I installed a new cam, little bigger then the one that 505 sent me. There was nothing wrong with the 505 cam, had it checked and re parkerized. I just thought while it was out, I can upgrade.

I'll give it 1K miles and sell my spare engine and 505 cam all together.

20181122_132944.jpg

I've been chasing an upper end tick. Gets louder under load and when hot. Started unplugging injectors, found the tick goes away when I pull the #4 injector.

got any recommendations on injectors? The ones I have are 24lb from 505 performance.

Before I bought a new set, I'd swap the injector to another cylinder and see if it follows.

In other news, my (other) brother in law owns Power Adder Solutions and is one of the largest volume injector dealers in the US.

Before I bought a new set, I'd swap the injector to another cylinder and see if it follows.

In other news, my (other) brother in law owns Power Adder Solutions and is one of the largest volume injector dealers in the US.

Just plugging and unplugging quiwtwd it down a bunch. But I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks

Just plugging and unplugging quiwtwd it down a bunch. But I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks

I'm sure you know that by unhooking the injector it kills that cylinder. So if there is a mechanical failure causing the noise, it will be diminished by unhooking the injector.
If the noise stays in the same cylinder, you have a mechanical issue. If it travels, you have a failed injector.

I'm sure you know that by unhooking the injector it kills that cylinder. So if there is a mechanical failure causing the noise, it will be diminished by unhooking the injector.
If the noise stays in the same cylinder, you have a mechanical issue. If it travels, you have a failed injector.

Thanks, I know how it works. Troublesome that it quieted down after I was screwing with it. Still hasn't come back and we did about 15 miles in it. I feel pretty confident it's the injector.. I've been through every push rod length, measured the seat height for each roller rocker. measured the spring compression verses the rocker ratio. Had the head checked by the machinist when I went through it the second time. Spring pressures are exact and new stems and stem height was checked also. I was beginning to think it was because of the aggressive cam, but it's only that 1 cylinder.

I'll be pulling the harness loom and do an inspection there and measure the voltages against the other cylinders sat. morning.

Back