4.7 stroker build parts list

Thanks, I know how it works. Troublesome that it quieted down after I was screwing with it. Still hasn't come back and we did about 15 miles in it. I feel pretty confident it's the injector.. I've been through every push rod length, measured the seat height for each roller rocker. measured the spring compression verses the rocker ratio. Had the head checked by the machinist when I went through it the second time. Spring pressures are exact and new stems and stem height was checked also. I was beginning to think it was because of the aggressive cam, but it's only that 1 cylinder.

I'll be pulling the harness loom and do an inspection there and measure the voltages against the other cylinders sat. morning.

I know you're no dummy and paused like 3 times writing that post.
But it was just gas from supper

Last edited:
This morning I swapped my entire injector rail from my old engine. The old injectors are EV6 flowing 22.8 Lbs at 43psi, I don't have a fuel gauge on the rail yet. The clicking noise damn near is gone. I found some 12 hole 24lb injectors on ebay for $41 shipped. hopefully those will not be as noisy.

The injectors that were in it were- Bosch 0280155849 24.5lb/hr @ 43.5psi (same as Ford XF1E-A5B).

I'll know more when I get the fuel gauge in, for now I am leaving the 22.8lb injectors in it.

The clicking noise is still there,

I found a crack in the new exhaust manifold. I had them wrapped, pulled it off last night and welded it up. Put the 24lb injectors back in. Still has the noise. The manifold crack is pushed out. looks like it's from heat and excessive back pressure, probably the lean injectors cooked it. High flow cat on the way.

I also learned that the 350Lb springs on my valves are not correct for this cam. Today I ordered the recommended springs, 415lb. That's probably not the issue but I am already this deep..

After I swap them if the noise is still there I'm going to swap springs and the head from the old engine.

I'm at a loss here. everything I can think of has been checked. Suggestions welcome.

header.jpg

Last edited:
right at 44 psi fuel pressure.

Found it, dont know how I missed this crack..

Grrr...
20190216_092128.jpg

Are you running a flex pipe after the manifold? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I caused this by wrapping the header. Held the heat in making the cheap grade stainless brittle.

I welded it with regular mig wire and used a 304 stainless tig rod to help as filler.

Still a lot of valve clatter, however it's not like it was. Just big cam:D

Now on the the last couple things on my build. Hydrualic assist and antiwrap bar. Will be glad to take a break from this and use it.

Thanks to @Jody Treadway for the help and advice.

Are you running a flex pipe after the manifold? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be, but that's not what caused these cracks.

Back