5/13-15/11 Spring Open Invite at The Flats

It rained pretty hard last night & with the rain expected Friday it looks like there is going to be a lot of skinny pedal needed.

Dang...

i will not be able to make it afterall....To much to do.... If you have not been to the flats you are missing out.. This place is One of the best Legal places to ride in NC.... ..

I'm afraid to make the statement that "we're gonna be there", but we're sure gonna try to be there. It seems that just saying "were gonna try" sometimes works out better for us. Hope to see some of you folks we haven't seen in a while... and maybe meet some new faces. :beer:

Due to weather conditions, we have decided to sit this one out. Maybe our decision to stay home will improve the weather for everyone else. Have a great time!

^^^ I hear ya Scott!!! :lol:

After 3 "rainy" camping trips (in a row) in April, Darlene and I have out sights set on a "dry" one! Say "Hey" to all your crew for us... hopefully we will see y'all soon! :driver:

I'm gonna be there got heat, defrost, air, windshild wipers, and she goes!!!!!

No camping though not with the strong storms we r supposed to have.

But will be the Saturday, hopefully riding in Pinky w/my 2 daughters. lol

See yall there!

Figured I'd let yall the DOT has a truck check point setup at the first rest area after Clemmons on 40 WB. About MM175. I've heard there gonna be there through Fri, not sure about Sat. Probably be a wise idea to make sure everything's legal if your gonna roll that way Fri. Tons of state troopers on that stretch for about 20 miles.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Flats this weekend. We have put a lot of time and effort in making this the best invite we have had. Help us by staying on marked trails and not "jamming up" the trails. There are plenty of trails for stock rigs to even buggies. This was our largest complaint is that you get to a trail and there is someone trying to make it for 20-30 mins. We want everyone to have a go on the trails so be considerate of others and if you are not getting anywhere. . . winch or back out. . .And try again later. Thanks for all you do to help us make THE FLATS one of the best wheeling places on the East Coast.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Flats this weekend. We have put a lot of time and effort in making this the best invite we have had. Help us by staying on marked trails and not "jamming up" the trails. There are plenty of trails for stock rigs to even buggies. This was our largest complaint is that you get to a trail and there is someone trying to make it for 20-30 mins. We want everyone to have a go on the trails so be considerate of others and if you are not getting anywhere. . . winch or back out. . .And try again later. Thanks for all you do to help us make THE FLATS one of the best wheeling places on the East Coast.

If you guys are out there patrolling, try to enforce the 3 try rule any time there is traffic in a section. Always a few challenge area's that turn into a jam quick if people keep trying.

If you guys are out there patrolling, try to enforce the 3 try rule any time there is traffic in a section. Always a few challenge area's that turn into a jam quick if people keep trying.

We will have club members stationed in those areas and I am all for the 3 try rule. . .unless you are the only one on the trail and in that case. . .bang til it goes or something breaks. . .

And to add. . . there is a rock garden in the middle play ground. . .take main trail as if you were going to the upper flats and it will be on the left. . you can not miss it. . .also added a log jam

We will have club members stationed in those areas and I am all for the 3 try rule. . .unless you are the only one on the trail and in that case. . .bang til it goes or something breaks. . .

:Rockon::Rockon::Rockon:

I plan on being there around 9 am Saturday. If you see a gray/silver Cherokee that will be me.

Hi,
Both my sons are home sick from school, so I'm going to have to cancel our trip to the Flats this time. I'm really bummed about it, but will look forward to the next opportunity to go and play.

Thanks,
Stewart

We will be arriving around 10 am saturday, black and gray chevy van towing a stretched YJ

Getting ready to go replace a u-joint in my rear DS. Should be there by 10am. Only way I'm bailing out at this point is if it is pouring down rain when I get up Sat morning.

I'll be there when I wake from my drunken slumber

I'm so stoked for this its ridiculous I haven't been wheeling in 3 years. Anyone else bringing there kids since the wife works all day I'll have my daughter with me.

^burrellsjeep will have both his boys with him, I'm sure they'll be playing in the mud puddles. We need to keep the dunkin booth from the benefit ride there just to wash the little one's off in. :lol:

Back