6th Annual Veterans Ride

Heading out shortly!

It is almost daylight this morning, not to cold this morning! Gonna be an awesome day!

We got the brake line fixed with a stock line, lots of folks camped last night.

CTB will be over at the outpost for group rides at 0900, we will start serving dinner at 3 and roll into the ceremony and raffle from there!

Spent a week putting a brake controller in the motor home and prepping it to pull the wifes rig to this event.
Locked and loaded. Didn't get far and noticed smoke coming from the l/r on the bus.
Caliper was locked slam the fuck up. Drove it back to the crib and changed plans.
Hooked trailer and rig to the Dmax. Crash in @ol 'jeeps camper and drink his beer. No problem.
Got a call that i needed to be at work to fix a patch of hell at 5am.
@Jason W. Sorry i missed this ride. As a vet, you know how much i care...
Will quit whining now.

It was a great event and I had a great time fellowshipping with every one. Even tho I'm not a vet, I hold the utmost respect for the women and men through the ages that have sacrificed some and all for our freedoms.
Oh and a big thank you from Nellie Belle. She enjoyed being posted by the colors. Seeing how she is a Marine Corp. veteran (found original Marine Corp. forest green under the dash), makes me very proud she gets that honor.

Wow, what a weekend! First of all I want to thank everyone who helped so much and made this event possible.
Jeremy, you put on another great raffle this year, can't do it without you! Snappy , you are the cooking master sir! Scott, thank you so much for all you do for us! To the Cagle family and the eldarado outpost, thank you for giving us a great place to hold our event!

To all the vendors who donated we are very great full!
To my fellow CTB members, thank you so much for your help and support!

Thank you @Jason W. & @josh$$ for having the vision to put this ride together. I enjoy myself more and more each year and it is an honor to be able to help you guys with this event. I can't wait until next year. Not serving but coming from a military family and working with a number of the branches over the years I truly have much respect for our vets. I've also unfortunately seen the pain and suffering they go through along with their families so that is why I'm very passionate about this ride. Already counting the days to number 7.

I would like to send out a special thank you to @ABadJeeper for helping a fellow vet and purple heart recipient get home after the unfortunate demise of his rubies clutch during the ride. He stepped right up and used his truck and trailer to load up the jeep and tow it back to concord so they wouldn't have to call for a tow company to come get them. Just another reason I love the people affiliated with the best forum on the interweb NC4x4. Just like in time of service leave no one behind.

Just wanted to add the total raised including 4 Wheel to Heal merchandise was right at $5,700. That is pretty remarkable for a one day event. Thank you to everyone who came out and helped.

@Mulishajoe - It was kinda a good thing I didn't feel like spending a bunch of time cleaning my Jeep today anyway. Instead I got to wait for Piedmont Gas to come and replace my gas meter after I backed my trailer into it. LOL I need some property!!!

VERY memorable weekend.

We got to wheel friday before everyone and their brother got on the trails. Had a great time with my buds, and got to ht Dickey Bell and Daniel "one last time" and had my 15 yr old daughter with me and her friend squealing like a couple of banshees on Daniel....but they took it like champs.

Had a great dinner and fellowship around an LED light simulated fire :cool: where Rubi got a little spoiled

20161111_203348.jpg

Saturday was great....brought pops down with me and got to spend the day with him out in the woods. We arrived at the UORTC at 8 and got to chat for a while

20161112_081730.jpg

Then moved to the outpost to gather for a pre-ride meeting...saw some interesting rigs too!

20161112_090244.jpg

We met at 9:00 (ish) and determined there'd be 3 groups....Hard, Intermediate, and Easy, then broke off to stage back over at UORTC

We were tailgunner for the intermediate group

20161112_095153.jpg

By the time we entered the rocky mountain loop, we were 24 strong :eek:

We got to the first obstacle (the hill climb) and right away someone smoked the clutch in their rubicon (see left in pic below) so we had to wait till he was out of the way. In the process @Mulishajoe took a route that might have been a little too ambitious :D and got a little......hung up

20161112_103558.jpg

14993565_10154938516647638_6990339841720776721_n.jpg

What's not seen is the BIGGER rock that it's resting on just under @jeepin' jen seat. A little rub-n-rub later and he was off that rock...but he stuck around to make sure "Clutch-burn" was back at the outpost safe and sound.

But that wasn't the end of the carnage for our group. A few trails later, the ONLY stock vehicle on the ride (an early 90's YJ) had a "rust issue"

20161111_124240.jpg

a few straps later and he exited early to later be picked up and hauled back home.

We rolled on and hit all the trails BUT dickey Bell and Daniel

15078722_10154938512217638_338403179272178073_n.jpg

Pops had a great time, and I really enjoyed his company

15032767_10154935860247638_6841276247697087983_n.jpg

Gave him a perspective he'd never seen. He's had a place on Baden Lake since the 70's and now has a nice place on Tuckertown, and has seen the URE mountains for years from the water, but had never seen the lake FROM the mountains. Especially on a trail. He was amazed and stared off in amazement quite often commenting how great the views were. His memory is fading and he needs a little more supervision than he use too. So I feel like this was a very important time for us.

After the ride we settled in for dinner and the ceremony. Debra @Jason W. and @josh$$ did an AMAZING job!

15094992_10154933563957638_6978023630109997078_n.jpg

And the crowd was [Trump voice] HUUUUGE

20161112_161750.jpg

It was a great weekend! :usa::rockon:

Back