This is my 78 k10 stepside that I bought for my first pick up On the trailer leaving the sellers house back in April. To start i'm still in high school, so this won't be a high dollar build. I have been dreaming of having a square body chevy 4x4 for about the last 8 or 9 years. With my samurai finally to offroading status after a five year build, I began looking for a k10, k20, or k30. Scanning craigslist for about 4 months every day, looking for one in my price range. I saw the listing for this one the day I left for Zuwharrie and made arraignments to look at the truck when I got back. Carefully looking the truck over; I knew that it needed work(windows didn't work, rust, wouldn't start). So I offered 2/3 asking price. Later that day me and my dad were headed back with a trailer. It has a low mile 350 crate engine and a sm465 with a np205 behind it. When I got it, it had a locked up 12 bolt rear axle, and a 10 bolt front. There was a considerable amount of rust. It's the perfect truck to me though, no headliner, vinyl floor mat, manual trans, bench seat, and a v8. My plan is to make a daily driver with the ability to tow my samurai to uwharrie and other local wheeling places, the flats, dpg, etc. Now Being high school means that my parents made some rules if I was going to drive an old truck without air bags every where. I had to have four wheel disc brakes, a roll bar, and four point harnesses. In this thread I will also be including the progress on my suzuki, because I don't have a tread for it. My Samurai for reference. My first order of business was to wash it to remove the mold from sitting for two years. The paint looks a lot better in the photo. Underneath all that crud is what I believe to be a goodwrench crate motor. A carb clean as well as a little steel wool action on the valve covers and air cleaner lid. No photos but one of the cylinders the jet shoots gas into was melted, and a bunch of aluminum build up on one of the butterfly valves. Also no pics but gapped plugs. Dropped, cleaned, patched and painted(rustolium under coating sucks) the gas tanks. All new fuel lines and a fresh oil change. A quick cooling system flush and she was ready to start. To pull the rear axle I had to turn the truck around. The rear axle had magically unlocked it self by rolling backwards down the drive way. It drove easy but the power steering pump sounded like a sawmill. A 12 bolt is nothing compared to a rockwell or 14 bolt that i'm used to. Upon close inspection the ring gear was chipped, pinion gouged, and the carrier destroyed(gov bomb). After math of 2 years sitting with the cover off. I purchased a master rebuild kit and hunted down a set of gears. Thanks to Chris at Marsfab for hooking me up with a set of 3.08 gears (I know, but think highway) and an open carrier. The rear bumper was beef(6in channel, 3/8 and 1/2 plate), but Fugly. I changed the hitch, and angled the bottom corner up 2in. Threw down some mig welds on the receiver tube. I had done the same thing on the bumper for my dads LJ bumper and I like the look. Mounted on the truck. I sprayed it silver to try and tone down the blue on the truck. No pics but I had Andy Zuber set up the gears.(Hit him up for any gear work you need) Anybody looking to throw discs on a truck 12 bolt while on a budget, I can give you a parts list. I drilled the axle shafts out to take a front wheel stud and installed some front rotors. For caliper brackets I used some cheap and crappy ebay weld on brakets. Next year I'll be looking to upgrade to lugnut4x4's ebrake kit. The best part is, it still fits under the stock 15in rallye wheels. still looking for a spare wheel though, anybody with a cheap 15x8 thats 6x5.5, pm me. Also started messing around with my tig. While I had the tig out I finished up my cart. It's mostly 3/4 DOM. And it was free to build.