A little "Cruggy" progress...

Thanks... and yes, you're correct, some of the gussets and other pieces don't NEED to be 1.75, so I used 1.5" .120 since it's 1/2 the price.. It's also easier to get a hand around.. :D

Most of the junctions you see will become nodes.

I can't draw stick figures... let alone a 3D drawing.. I tried to, though, but it kept looking funny. I'm hoping to work in a few "hey, neat" touches as well..

Well this weekend saw ALOT of progress.. though Saturday was an excercise in anger management, which I failed miserably... (Sorry Rob, Susan, Carey, & Logan!) Sunday kicked ass...

3 more small tubes to add... and I'll be at 160' of 1.75, and ~12' of 1.5". THEN the work begins.. plumbing, wiring, center console, fueling, yadda, yadda.
And yeah, the rear bumper looks ridiculous now. Probably gonna have to do something about that.

501.jpg

502.jpg

503.jpg

504.jpg

505.jpg

Nodes? You want nodes? (Yeah, it was a PAIN!!)
506.jpg

Inboarded the body mount so I can cut that rock magnet off.. trimming it up like it is wasn't good enough. It also lowered the body tub 1" for better visibility.

507.jpg

Nice!!!

505.jpg

That bumper is nothing that a sawz-all can't fix. Hack off the bumperettes, then slice off whatever of that frame crossmember you can. It'll be :huggy:

And fergawdsake.... get some tires on that thing. :flipoff2:

saf-t scissors said:
That bumper is nothing that a sawz-all can't fix. Hack off the bumperettes, then slice off whatever of that frame crossmember you can. It'll be :huggy:

Actually, I'm really thinking of taking those bumperettes completely off. (they are 5/16 thick fergawdssake! A Moorefield special) There's an important triangular piece on the bottom of the frame rails where it hits the rear crossmember.. Might trim it and do some welding...

And fergawdsake.... get some tires on that thing. :flipoff2:

Hey... I have a set of 38.5's in my garage.. what's your excuse? :flipoff2:

(And it should fit in Rob's sub 7' garage door with a little airing down on the 38's)

i dont see a bar for the upper harness mount...got one in the works?

and which seats are those, sorry if i missed it

anger management :) - Cant have been that bad, i dont see any holes on the wall, or manally dented tubes :D

Looking good, got a spot to hang the horse :)

The shoulder harness should attach nicely with nothing more than a tab off the X brace... they're at the PERFECT height.. (I'll admit that wasn't planned, just got lucky)

Seats are Corbeau Baja SS.. 10 lbs a piece, and very comfy. Still very easy to get in and out even with the shoulder bar.

Progress? Took all the body panels, cowl, hood, etc.. off, gonna strip 'em down some and paint them. Since there was nothing on the cowl except the steering, now was deemed the "right time" to do it.

Got the last of the big tube work done, but had to remove it to get the cowl out, so it's not visible.

360 pounds of tubing added back in, still over 700lbs lighter! Going to have to take 3-4 leaves out of the rear spring pack, and one from the front.. I'm psyched.

523.jpg

524.jpg

Rich looking really good, Since you are going full on Truggy.. You ought to lower that center bar above the cowl, to lower that, for a better view out front.

Nice work keep it up. :D

DBrown2 said:
Rich looking really good, Since you are going full on Truggy.. You ought to lower that center bar above the cowl, to lower that, for a better view out front.

You're absolutely right... In the old cage, the center bar was lower, but it blocked part of the dash, and the hold-downs for the windshield... For whatever reason, I have this desire to use the OEM windshield knobs to hold the windshield up, so the bar has to go up a little... I can cut the lip off the dash (and might) to bring the bar down an inch or so, but I can't really go too much lower, if any at all.

However, I have lowered the cowl/dash about 1-1.5" already, and that's about as far as I can go right now, without getting major... run into front end/radiator/engine problems if I bring it down much further...

All the bodywork we removed today weighs around 130-150# total.. not too bad...

Besides, it seems I'm always hanging out the side when I drive anyway.. :p

next week is prep & paint of the body, with some final adjustment/welding of the cage..

Looking awesome rich! Are you going to skin it? That's cool you've lost so much weight.

CasterTroy said:
Wheres the "FORD" oval emblem go? :flipoff2:

On the grill of the overweight vehicle behind me that can't make it.. :flipoff2:

Skins (other than for keeping flying debris out of the cockpit area) are the absolute last priority, though I would like to, but if it's go to Dayton or skin it... welll... :)

At this point - I still don't even know if this tranny was re-built correctly... 0 miles since the rebuilder..

Family stuff and distance is killing the amount of productive time spent.. But I'm just gonna keep plugging at it..

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement.

Back