A little "Cruggy" progress...

Rich

Asshole at large
Doesn't look like alot of work, but the first part took the longest, and we had to re-plumb the bender with the correct valve (works sa-weet now!), and let Rob finish some work on his junk.

Sliders have a bit of a boatside to them...

Mock-up to get an idea where the seats need to go.. ghetto-fabulous!

seats1.jpg

The end result- seat rails are burned into the tubes, but everything else is only tacked for the time being. The seats ROCK... (Might have to get a set for the CTD :D )

And if you're curious... so before the seats (20lbs/pair), and approx 20' of tube, Blue was ~1100lbs lighter than before, where she weighed in at 4160. I hope to have her trail ready at under 3500 lbs.

seats2.jpg

seats3.jpg

seats4.jpg

Dangit!! I can't upload pictures anymore. I had a real nice one with Vroom Vroom sounds in a bubble for the first pic.

I still remember the pictures of when Blue had the spaghetti wires in the engine bay and still looked like a LC. I like the new seats and mounts. Glad you went with the welded tube, the 2x4's didn't look too sturdy.

So is this going to be a 2008 model year Toyota....Chevy.....Buggy......oh, whatever!?!?!?!?!

84cucvk-5 said:
I want to know where to get those Kick azz NC4x4.com decals can anyone help me out?

Prove yourself here and you may just be able to get a hold of some. I would imagine the admins are going to be a bit more stingy with them than they were before. You see that banner got associated with some questionable activities before, which put a less than honorable light on the crew here. That was the start of the steady decline of the "previous" NC4x4.com.

The decals are out there, but it is more than just another sticker to put on your rig.

Damn!! Chop Suey! Who let Lyle Lovett into your garage? LOL

Don't ever say I can't take some fun poked at me! :)

Greg - were you eavesdropping? Susan came downstairs and I was doing just that!

Rich said:

Looking at the picture, I was immediately transported back in time to the "Home Improvement" episode where Tim was sitting on the milk crate on the frame of his hot rod and doing the same sound effects. Come to think of it, I bet we have all done it from time to time.

Wonder if the ricer crowd goes Bzzzzzzzzzz, Bzzzzzzzzzzz, pfffft, Bzzzzzzzzzz, pfffft, Bzzzzzzzzzzz?

Rich said:

And the performance was repeated a few times yesterday, I was there I saw it !!!

Kevin

buggybuilder said:
Sweet seats!

Some guys have nice axles, I have nice seats. :D

A little more from this weekend:

Before anyone says anything.. the body parts are not really bolted down, so that's why the tube doesn't line up with the body panels. :D

470.jpg

471.jpg

472.jpg

473.jpg

474.jpg

Lyle Lovett! :lol:

DAmn Rich, That cage is nice....thick enuff?! Once you get your spreaders in you shouldn't have to worry about crackin' your skull....

Now others crackin' on you...that is a different story! :flipoff2:

Stay tooned.. ;)

Lee - thick enough? It does look big, but it's just standard 1.75" .120 DOM...

I wanted to narrow the front, but that's another project, for another time. Gotta get wheelin!

Back