About time for a new welder

Loganwayne

#BTL
Long story short welder I'm using is going back to owner now he has room for it and a place to store it.

So started looking at new welders. 220 mainly. I've read all the different threads on here and the Eastwood and hobart welders are on the list to look at. Im wanting to stay around 1500 but get the best bang for my buck of course. That's why I haven't really looked at Miller or Lincoln.

The esab rebel has really got my attention. It seems to have every thing possible I could want. Can tig mig and stick led screen auto setting and infinity controls can run on 220 and 110. And seems to be pretty compact. They just released it so I didn't figure anyone on here has had time to use one but do you think it will last or are all the features will lead to lots of problems?

Dang that is a good looking deal.

Let me specify I don't really need a tig machine or one capable of it. But for the couple extra hundred bucks it seemed like a no brainier

I can personally vouch for this machine. I welded with it a year or so back, and tried to make it weld bad, and couldn't.

It reads arc voltage, and once you set it for your preference, it changes output to keep arc voltage and current the same, regardless of stickout or push/drag angle.

I went from flat drag and .5" stickout to vertical uphill push and 2.5" stickout with no issue or hiccup.

Plus you can run aluminum and silbro wire without a push pull gun, and it will burn flux hardwire and stainless wire.

I may be up for that challenge!
Esab had a booth setup and was talking all the jazz about this welder bla bla bla, I want buying it. I called complete bs, saying there is no way it can do what all the hype is about, and be under 1k.

Welded with it, and said shit, Now I have to tell everyone it's awesome.

Miller XMT 304. Money machine for years. 100% duty cycle @ 300 amps.
And yes, i am AWS certified.

And yes, i am AWS certified.

Put yo money where yo mouf is Monica!

Mac is sending you some coupons to weld!

coupons.jpg

I can personally vouch for this machine. I welded with it a year or so back, and tried to make it weld bad, and couldn't.

It reads arc voltage, and once you set it for your preference, it changes output to keep arc voltage and current the same, regardless of stickout or push/drag angle.

I went from flat drag and .5" stickout to vertical uphill push and 2.5" stickout with no issue or hiccup.

Plus you can run aluminum and silbro wire without a push pull gun, and it will burn flux hardwire and stainless wire.

I wonder if the rebel is the same as the caddymig with the multi-function added. If so, it seems to be a pretty good deal.

ESAB Rebel EMP 215ic 0558102240

I would try the rebel if you need multi function/voltage. I've had the ESAB caddy mig 200i for over a year now. Purchased after nc4x4 recommendations and got a smoking deal from weldfabulous.com. It still exceeds my expectations and often ability.

The gas nozzle mig tip is ESAB specific asaik. Can anyone say otherwise?

I don't really need a multi function, but plan on learning to tig pretty soon. anf it was with in a couple hundred of the other machines I was looking at and they were all only mig. I don't need multi voltage at my house but that to would be nice

Why? (I know less than nothing about welding, but was always told mig was da shiznit)
It's got its plus sides but for me it's to easy. Works, but I like the extra challenge of tig and stick especially if it's done on an after-hours project for pure enjoyment.

I hate mig.

I'm the same. I'm a pretty shit welder, but when I started learning I took to TIG a lot quicker than MIG. I think it's got something to do with a decade of professional soldering (the electronics kind) and the ergonomics of holding/using a TIG torch being very similar. I can't wait to build the damn garage so I can get a shiny new welder to brush the cobwebs off of my meager welding skills ("skills" is a stretch...). I actually have a geometric railing I want to build for the house, that should be a really good re-start project.

Alright bumping this back up, welder is going back soon and I’m in the middle of my buggy.

Still looking at the ESAB rebel and maybe the 141 fabricator

Any others I need to look at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright bumping this back up, welder is going back soon and I’m in the middle of my buggy.

Still looking at the ESAB rebel and maybe the 141 fabricator

Any others I need to look at

Harbor freight new Vulcan machines. Haven’t welder with one yet personally but I’ve heard good things plus 1year money back guarantee.

They look to be great units for the money.

Harbor freight new Vulcan machines. Haven’t welder with one yet personally but I’ve heard good things plus 1year money back guarantee.

They look to be great units for the money.

Forgot about those the multi process machine is 1000 with the tig torch and foot control.... and I can pick up in store

We had an ESAB rep come by work and let us try out one of the rebels. Seemed pretty simple to operate. I was impressed with the machine, but I will say I'm not sure how I feel about the LCD display, seems like it could get broken easily. We ended up with the 215 but haven't got it in use yet. The company that we bought it through said they had sold a bunch of the Rebels and they seemed to be holding up well.

Good timing. I’m also on the market for a welder. Was going for the Lincoln 140 or the Hobart Handler 140, but everyone and everything I read keeps telling me go with a 220V unit, but it once and be done.
Looking mainly at the dual voltage Lincoln unit and similar Miller now, but this ESAB machine keeps getting mentioned in good ways. Just concerned about parts avaibility in the future being readily available.

Back