AGM Batteries

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
What's the hot ticket in batteries nowadays? Sears doesn't sell the Odysseys anymore.

Odyssey Group 65 - 145 min, $260
Odyssey Group 34 - 135 min, $260
OReilly AGM Group 65 - 150 min, $200
OReilly AGM Group 34 - 120 min, $170
Duralast AGM Group 34 - 115 min, $170

Not sure I can make a group 65 fit under the hood of a TJ, but the O'Reilly one seems like a deal.

What else is out there?

I’ve heard all the bad rumors, but I’ve run Optima in everything I own. Current rig has a yellow top. It’s never let me down.

What's the hot ticket in batteries nowadays? Sears doesn't sell the Odysseys anymore.

Odyssey Group 65 - 145 min, $260
Odyssey Group 34 - 135 min, $260
OReilly AGM Group 65 - 150 min, $200
OReilly AGM Group 34 - 120 min, $170
Duralast AGM Group 34 - 115 min, $170

Not sure I can make a group 65 fit under the hood of a TJ, but the O'Reilly one seems like a deal.

What else is out there?
I've got 2 AMG 65's from Advance Auto that are fairly new I'd sell $200 for the pair & will be in Raleigh tomorrow. That's BOGO free

I’ve heard all the bad rumors, but I’ve run Optima in everything I own. Current rig has a yellow top. It’s never let me down.

My yellow top lasted 6 months, and dropped a cell. I bought knowing the rumors (stupid me) never again, replaced it with whatever AutoZone had in stock at all stores that was their best shelf battery

Battery King in Hickory is where I like to get my batteries. Tractor through passenger car....outside that I really dislike Wal-Mart or Major supply house chains. To much inventory shelf time for me. It may be kookie but their stuff has always lasted for me. And they got every kind of oddball battery you can imagine. It's their speacialty so I infer its not junk.

My yellow top lasted 6 months, and dropped a cell. I bought knowing the rumors (stupid me) never again, replaced it with whatever AutoZone had in stock at all stores that was their best shelf battery

I’m going on 2 years with no issues. Mine stays on a constant float sitting in the barn. Maybe that has something to do with my success. No promises though.

The first Optima I ever bought which was 03-04 is still going strong in my old TJ. I’ve bought 3 since and they were all shit and none lasted more than 3 years. They won’t fool me again that’s for sure.

When they started making them in Mexico, the quality went to shit. I had two in my CUCV that were 8 or 9 years old when they gave out...I bought two new ones and they're barely over 2 years old and will barely crank the truck sometimes.

I will say that Optima CAN build one hell of a battery charger. I bought a Digital 1200 and it works damn good!

For some crazy reason, I've always been Lucky with batteries. I Did buy a Yellow top Optima, because that's all Autozone had & I Needed one Quick. It's a 7 yr. battery, that's getting close to 9 Years, now! I Must have gotten the Last Good one!

For some crazy reason, I've always been Lucky with batteries. I Did buy a Yellow top Optima, because that's all Autozone had & I Needed one Quick. It's a 7 yr. battery, that's getting close to 9 Years, now! I Must have gotten the Last Good one!
Yeah you did. :) I only got a couple of years out of my yellow top. I had to go back to red tops.

I have killed multiple redtops in anything from tractors to straight 6 jeeps. I have 2 yellowtops in my superduty 7.3 and so far havnt had a problem....already was set up for them and love the extra space under the hood. I put the topshelf extreme oreilly batteries in my obs 7.3 and they suck. Sucks sears doesnt have their brand Odysey anymore, thats what i was going to go with.

I've got 2 AMG 65's from Advance Auto that are fairly new I'd sell $200 for the pair & will be in Raleigh tomorrow. That's BOGO free

Didn't see this until after Saturday.

Thanks, though.

This^
Same manufacturer,and is an Oddessy. I think Penn battery group or something.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Odyssey is owned by Enersys. Deka/East Penn makes the Duracell batteries. East Penn is privately held.

If anyone in or near raleigh needs a oddessy or wants a price on one we have a account with them. I don't mind checking prices for you guys. We only stock a few that work in the ferarris 34r but the truck runs once a week and I can get what ya need. We used interstate for years but the last few years we've had a lot of issues with them so we closed that account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advance Auto Platinum AGM. Battery is made by Enersys, makers of the Odyssey and not based in Mexico.

Decently priced too.

I bought one of those a while back and it crapped the bed after about 5 months. I took it back and the new one has been perfect ever since. They said they had a bad batch of them for a while, but they seem to be fine now.

Advance Auto Platinum AGM. Battery is made by Enersys, makers of the Odyssey and not based in Mexico.

Decently priced too.

As far as I can tell, Johnson Controls makes the Autocraft AGM batteries sold at Advance Auto and the Duralast AGM batteries sold at Autozone. Johnson Controls is the manufacturers of Optima, not Odyssey.

This is the MSDS that Advance Auto provides for their AGM batteries:

http://www.aapmsds.com/msdsimages/m8/sds/j/johnson controls battery group/absorpbatt.pdf

The Autocraft and Duralast batteries appear to be similar from their outside construction:

10310830_gmp_65agm_pri_larg.jpg

Back