Another 1 ton YJ (but this one is mine)

I think moving the rear back is going to be better in the long run, I know its tough to add additional cost but it will be worth it. Looks like the rear is tucking but It is hanging.

x2

Tucking IMO is when the rear tires tend to tuck under the body at full flex shorting the wheel base. I am not a leaf spring guy so I can't really advise on the your set up. By hanging I meant its not holding its own weight.

Ah, I see now. The rear is on its on weight in that pic, but the front is on stands (which are a bit lower). But the rear doesn't have ubolts or anything, just laying on the springpad.

I'm kind of worried this may wind up being too tall, but I'll see how it turns out.
1.5" lift springs and 5/8" shackles.

when I move the rear mounts I can make it a little lower

I ordered some new spring hangers and way back shackle hangers from RuffStuff, just waiting for them to arrive.

I am planning on using these RE SOA leafs and stretch by moving the mounts.

This weekend I will try to drop my gas tank and remove the leaves. maybe grind off the stock hangers. Dunno yet.

I'm trying to figure out the rear cross member now (see attched pdf drawing thing).

I was also trying to sell my rear bumper ( http://nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111593 ), but now I am thinking I might just hang onto it and hack it up and use it as the crossmember. I've got more into it than I'm selling it for anyway (about $300, I guess steel was up at the time). I may even figure out a way to keep the tire carrier if I want it....I'll have to see what I'm working with when I get to that point.

Attachments

• rear_xmember.pdf
    82 KB · Views: 325
little stuff. Removed my TJ flares and rear shackles. at least the comp cut will let me get rid of some of this bad body damage from screws and things.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__d4xnJM_h7n4_TdAJjUat5GI_AAAAAAAAA2U_mxF_Ws_Rl4g_s600_IMAG0061.jpg

alh5.googleusercontent.com__d4xnJM_h7n4_TdAJvsAybaI_AAAAAAAAA2Y_Hvr8ENzTmpg_s600_IMAG0060.jpg

my helper in his sisters car. but at least he wanted to put the ruffstuff stickers on there:
alh5.googleusercontent.com__d4xnJM_h7n4_TdAJ72YllJI_AAAAAAAAA2c_LThINzB9kzE_s600_IMAG0059.jpg

speaking of ruffstuff, my wayback shackle hangers came yesterday. however it looks like I ordered too wide of a spring hanger. I'm trying to decide if I should put spacers in there or send it back for exchange...

ordered new hub bearings. got my front spindle bearings from ECGS but including the part number here just so I have it recorded:

14 Bolt
source: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/14b_bible/index.html

Hub seals/bearings PN info:
Hub Seal:
Timken and others:
Inner hub bearing:
TK387AS
Inner hub bearing cup:
TK382A

Outer hub bearing cone:
LM104949
Outer hub cup:
LM104911

As of 2011.04.23 I sourced all of these for both hubs from RockAuto.com for < $90 shipped

51135383431335 5% off (retailmenot.com)

Dana 60
source: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/bearings_and_seals.htm

Spindle bearing/seals:
kit containing following 3 items: SBK3
Inner spindle seal: 710044
Outer spindle seal: 710045
Spindle needle bearing: B2414

Back