Another 87 YJ build (my 3rd one)

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
Blah, blah, blah. Finish the Ranger. :flipoff2:Don't sweat it, it's slowly getting there
Until then...I recently picked up @77GreenMachine's YJ. Pretty solid rig, needs a little love here and there (don't we all) and I'm the dooder for the job.
Currently sports a 5.3, TH350, Atlas with Chevy 60/14. All that's staying put. But some items are getting dolled up.
As of this afternoon, I'm installing some Yukon superjoints up front and swapping out the Yukon Hardcore hubs for some drive flanges (don't wanna get my Crocs muddy when 4wd is needed).
Rear shave cover was peeled back a bit, so it's getting fresh bolts and a coat of paint
Plan is to beef up the front diff, swap my 42" Treps over, new paint, re-route the exhaust,new fenders and commence to beating it as if it owed me money for dirty deeds.
This thread will serve as a safe space for heckling, trash talk and assorted shenanigans.
BTW- this is my first V8 without a distributor up front. I feel ashamed.
PXL_20220824_202652391.MP.jpg
PXL_20220824_203156723.jpg
PXL_20220824_212858778.jpg
PXL_20220824_212829743.jpg
PXL_20220824_232826410.jpg

<snip>
BTW- this is my first V8 without a distributor up front. I feel ashamed.
<snip>
Nobody ever forgets their first time…

:laughing:

This gunna be cool. Ima watch and live vicariously since the warden “strongly suggested” I crush my shit.

Nobody ever forgets their first time…

:laughing:

This gunna be cool. Ima watch and live vicariously since the warden “strongly suggested” I crush my shit.
Pro tip: live in a prison with another inmate, not a warden. She has her addiction to as many carbon bikes that'll fit in the garage. I'm down with it.

Last edited:
This thing needs a heart transplant. In for the fun.

Pro tip: live in a prison with another inmate, not a warden. She has her addition to as many carbon bikes that'll fit in the garage. I'm down with it.
Werd. Another reason for the vicarious living. If I ever do get out of this one alive, I’m probably not doing it again. Just saying. :laughing:

But jealous, this guy. I’d definitely be down with another inmate versus a warden. I’d nearly forgotten that that’s a thing.

To segue back to the thread - I’m also down with what @Croatan_Kid said! Supercharged LS3! :popcorn:

Inmate vs Warden, that's a new one on me but oh so true!
What's your first destination with this rig, waterfall at Harlan? :laughing:

This! That YJ has not made it up and it wasn’t a lack of trying, so I am thinking it was driver error :flipoff2: @77GreenMachine

Sub'd for reasons

You better tell me if you go to Gulches!

Nice, now you can "throw all the LS at it" like the rest of the idiots... myself included :dumbass:

Explain beef up the front diff please. Like load bolt or??

Back