Anyone pulled a well pump?

I recently replaced my electro-mechanical (standard) switch with an Amtrol Guardian CP digital pressure switch. I have had three or four standard switches fail since I bought my house in 2007, the newer ones suck and drift or start sticking. This last one started drifting again (high cutout went low) and I was tired of tweaking it, plus having a digital readout instead of an analog gauge is super nice. Expensive but hopefully the last control I buy for this house.

That picture of the fancy insulated pump house has a heater in it. Once you insulate it is really not necessary to heat the enclosure because pulling lots of 60-ish degree water into the space and radiating the heat from the steel pressure tank will retain heat for a long time even when it is cold outside. If anything put a thermostat on that heater so it does not run except when it gets close to freezing. I fully insulated my block pump house with 2" foam around the sides and the roof after I had the pressure hose from my pump head to the switch freeze (1/8" hose). Even when it is really cold outside I can open that up and it is more than tolerable inside and everything stays well above freezing. If you are worried about it you can insulate the pipes and put a wrap on the tank but again with it insulated (as long as it seals well enough) it will hold a ton of heat in there, never "warm" but well above freezing.

Back