[Apr 20, 2012] Down & Dirty for Life - A Cancer Benefit & Open Ride at The Flats (Marion, NC)

reznory

DADFL
With the help of an unannounced offroad group, and the American Cancer Society, my family has been working on organizing a spring event to benefit the American Cancer Society. This event will be similar to the Relay for Life events that the American Cancer Society does every spring, except with offroad toys. There will be wheeling, food, old friends, new friends, vendors, a raffle, and other fun activities. We will be doing a luminary lighting in remembrance and support of anyone who has battled cancer. Luminaries will be available that weekend. Location and main sponsor to be announced soon. Stay tuned for more details.

Looking forward to sharing more details with the great community here at NC4x4!

Any comments or questions can be sent to me via PM or to downanddirtyforlife@gmail.com

Check out the facebook page for the event at http://www.facebook.com/groups/333301500017734/

I'm down

We are very excited to announce that this benefit will be held at The Flats during the open spring invite. Thanks to jaybird1ton and all the Rock Corps 4x4 Club members for helping make this happen. Stay tuned for more info. I'll update the first post once I'm at my computer.

Rock Corps 4x4 Club is announcing our spring open invite for April 20th-22nd. @ "THE FLATS" This year we are going to combine our ride with the "Down and Dirty For Life" fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. The gates will open 9am on Friday and close 5pm on Sunday. Admission is $10 per rig...$10 per person...kids 15 and under are free. Camping is free. This covers you all weekend so bring your family or yourself and have some fun for a great cause! "THE FLATS" is located @ I-40 East to exit 85.Turn right and go 1/4 mile and the park is on the left
Any questions about the park contact Jason "jaybird1ton" @ 1-828-442-7932 or Rodney "toymaker" @ 1-828-442-0270
Down and Dirty For Life 2012
With the help of Rock Corps 4x4 Club and the American Cancer Society, my family has been working on organizing a fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society. This event will combine everything you love about wheeling at the Flats, with raising awareness and money for Cancer Research. There will be a tent with Cancer Information, vendors, and a raffle. One of the raffle items will be a handmade Cancer Awareness quilt. We will also be lighting luminaries at dusk on Saturday in remembrance and support of anyone who has battled cancer. If anyone would like to share a survivor story after the raffle, that would be awesome. Please email me at downanddirtyforlife@gmail.com if you'd like to share your story at the event, or if you have any questions or comments.

Another thing that we are doing as a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society is that we will have event t-shirts and rubber bracelets that we will be selling. We are currently working on the "logo" for Down And Dirty For Life and will be sharing that with you as soon as we have it completed. Please be sure to add Down And Dirty For Life on Facebook too. It's a great way to invite all of your friends.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/333301500017734/

This is going to be a blast! We are going to be doing some maintenance on some of the trails to be more friendly to the smaller rigs because we have plenty of the hardcore stuff!! We might throw in a hill climb challenge or something like that for the spectators for Saturday...details to come.

The event is really coming together. We will have fliers out soon at various vendors, and I have several people on board with raffle donations. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Got some save the date cards printed and fliers are coming soon. If anyone has a business that would be willing to put out fliers just let me know. We appreciate it.

If i have axles on the k5 id like to come, never been to the flats before and it would be the k5s first outing with tons...

That's the weekend if my bday and I'm off have to get the xj fixed and come out to play

Fliers should be in the mail or have been delivered to most people that have asked. Some will be on the counter at Rides of Conover in a couple days. Chip I sent you a pm about them. Thanks to all of you guys for spreading the word.

Special thanks to ECORS as we will have a tent at the march 17th race at the flats with Pre-sale raffle tickets and more info about prizes. Hope to have some shirts to sell then too. Our American Cancer Society Community manager will be there as well. Can't wait!

Got some save the date cards printed and fliers are coming soon. If anyone has a business that would be willing to put out fliers just let me know. We appreciate it.
I can put some up at my company and around town! We'll be there at this event!

Back