[Apr 20, 2012] Down & Dirty for Life - A Cancer Benefit & Open Ride at The Flats (Marion, NC)

I would like to have a rep from each vendor who has helped us with donations to be there to help give out prizes, or if you want to designate someone to do it in your place, let me know. I want to make sure all you guys are recognized for what you have done to help us make this happen. We want to be able to promote your businesses in a positive way. We couldn't do this without you. Thanks everyone.

More Big news today, we are happy to announce that Rock Corps 4x4 Club and MarsFab OffRoad have teamed up to sponsor the Hill Climb Challenge during the open invite. Payout, entry fee, and time of the challenge will be announced closer to the event. The Hill Climb will probably take place on Saturday afternoon (the 21st) right before the raffle and 50/50 drawings. We will try to have a handout to give out at the gate with the times listed for the raffle and hill climb.

We would also like to thank Shawn and Trailhugger from NC4x4 for hooking us up with some premium subscription cards and T-shirts for the raffle.

Also, NC4x4 and Oliver's Custom Drive Shaft have teamed up to donate a Corbeau Suspension seat and harness to the raffle. Can't wait to see someone win these awesome prizes.

Thank you NC4x4 and Oliver's!

Thanks to John and everyone for their hard work putting this together. Should be a great event!

I might have missed this detail somewhere in the post but is the camping tent camping only or are campers allowed?

Either way looks like it is going to be a great event and I will be there along with my crew of 6 trucks.

I have been working on the Schedule of Events to hand out upon entry. It lists all of the raffle items that we have on the back and it fills up the entire page!!

Man I really hope to be able to make this, especially after missing the Uwharrie opening weekend. Work schedule is hectic in the spring and fall every year.

Getting closer hopefully my new radiator will be here soon ( Since it somehow got a hole at the flats from ECORS)
What is Friday the 20 schedule can we get in and set up camp in the evening.
Will there be camping at the upper flats..
Any schedule of events posted yet?

Gate will be open at 3 on Friday to set up camp. Hill climb, raffle, and 50/50 drawing will all be Saturday afternoon around 3-5 depending on number of entries for the hill climb. Luminary lighting at dusk. Rest of time is open wheeling for the most part. Hope your radiator comes in.

In.

Thanks to ABADJEEPER, I will be able to bring my jeep. It's amazing what a bolt, a welder, a vice, and a big hammer can do. Can't wait to go wheeling!

Brad, that's a fairly new JK...how can you already need to be welding on it? :confused::wheel:

Haha, glad you're bringing it man!

I had to weld on it to get it apart so I could put it back together if that makes any sense

473193_2119603086815_1747945799_1013963_2144076399_o.jpg

First draft of the shirt. Adding NC4x4 logo. Will be available in Charcoal grey and Hot Pink. Will add pricing and pics of final versions soon.

Shirts are awesome.!!!
Radiator is here and installed:driver: hope to see you all Fri night or early Sat.

You guys camping?
Trying like hell to get the camper ready, got some leaks...But we will most likely.
Love the Shirts, can't wait to wheel for a great cause....Awesome job to everyone involved!!!
Let's hope I do not flip "Pinky" again...lol

If any of you need help with anything give us a hollar...Will be more than happy to give a hand to help out.

As I am new to N.C. And the area and trails is this a ride a stock 99 4runner can do? Also I would be glad to post some flyers at my office (Facebook) as well.. Look forward to meeting all you new folks!!!

As I am new to N.C. And the area and trails is this a ride a stock 99 4runner can do? Also I would be glad to post some flyers at my office (Facebook) as well.. Look forward to meeting all you new folks!!!

There will be a lot trails you can do. Plus there's a main trail around the whole park that you can get around on to watch the built stuff on the harder trails.

Thanks for offering to put out fliers, but we are running low since the event is next weekend. I have a few I'm taking to ure this weekend but they will prob be gone after that.

Back