[Apr 25, 2014] 3rd Annual Down and Dirty for Life/Spring Open Invite (Marion, NC)

reznory

DADFL
3rd Annual Down and Dirty For Life and Spring Open Invite at the Flats in Marion, NC. Always great fun for a great cause.

Friday April 25th through Sunday April 27th. Weekend after Easter.
More Information coming soon!

Big news on the hill climb challenges. Check http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/hill-climb-challenge-the-flats-dadfl-april-26th.148764/ for more info. The prize pool has already gotten bigger than ever.

We will have a big DADFL banner with awareness stickers to raise money too.

Got some news on chance drawing items:

Winch from 4 Wheel Parts of Charlotte
Winch from The Flats/Rock Corps 4x4 Club
Tabs/Brackets and Gift Certificates from Mudpro Metalworks
Aluminized 4/5" exhaust system from Rudy's Diesel
2 AR15 Lower parts kits and $200 from Josh Twomey
Photo Session from Bay Photography
T-Shirts from Tarheel 4wd of Charlotte
T-Shirts and Goodies from Smittybilt, G2 Axle, and ProComp via 4 Wheel Parts Charlotte
2 $100 Gift certificates from Barnes 4WD
Sweatshirts and Sweet Clock from Maxxis Tire
Pair of 2x2 LED lights and Shirts from Rides of Conover

More stuff coming, this looks like the best item list we've had so far.

Last edited:
Just wondering what all actually goes for the cure. Is it the money raised from food or money from entry fees or all the money raised just wondering it is for a great cause and there have been so many effected by this horrible disease every thing we can do makes a difference thanks

This will be the 1st time since the begining I won't make this event. I am having hip surgery on March 13th & looking at a 4 to 5 month period until full recovery. Also the new rig isn't done due medical bills & saving up to hope to make my house payment during my time out of work. Have fun, be safe, raise lots of money. If the LOrd is willing I'll be there next time but me wheeling is not going to happen this year & depending on finances awhile next year until I complete my rig.

on my calender!

Just wondering what all actually goes for the cure. Is it the money raised from food or money from entry fees or all the money raised just wondering it is for a great cause and there have been so many effected by this horrible disease every thing we can do makes a difference thanks

All money from raffle tickets, food, and T-shirt sales goes to the American Cancer Society.

Thanks reznory I didn't know and was just wondering I will b there with a few others. This is a awesome place to ride and pretty close also.

I may enter. If I won I could tell the 3/4 ton axle haters to shut up. If I break (much more likely), I could donate to a good cause. Lol

Got wind of a few items that are coming in on the drawing. A aluminized 4" or 5" exhaust system for any truck compliments of Rudy's Diesel. (4) pairs of HD Jeep replacement adjustable lower control arm axle brackets. (2) $25.00 gift certificates from Mudpro Metalworks. And a winch for the drawing or hillclimb winner from 4Wheel Parts in Charlotte. More items to come! Thanks again to the sponsors!!

Attachments

• rudys_logo.jpg
    rudys_logo.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 348
  • yhst-38644656716528_2252_3412652.gif
    yhst-38644656716528_2252_3412652.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 323
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
We will be having a hill climb challenge this year at the DADFL Ride. We will be running the challenge up in the playground area of The Flats. We will be running 2 classes. The classes will be a V8 class and a V6 & under class. The challenge will be challenging but doable. This will be a timed event! Line up will be at 3:15 SHARP! Winners in each class will receive the entry fee pot plus money from our sponsors. Entry fee is $10

V8 CLASS is sponsored by Scott @ METALWERX DESIGN & FABRICATION! Scott is putting up $200 to the winner!!
JeConn Lawn Services is putting up $100 also!! So that's $300 bucks on top of the entry fee pot!!!

V6 CLASS is sponsored by Chris @ BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC. Chris is putting up $150 to the winner!!
The Flats will be putting up $100 also! So that's $250 buckaroo's on top of the entry fee pot!!

Rules: NO LAP BELTS, MUST HAVE FACTORY HARD TOP OR CAGE, NO RIDERS

We will be taking sign ups here if you want to register early and at the gate the day of the ride.
There will be more details coming in and maybe some teaser pics after our workday coming up.
Thanks to our sponsors for stepping up to support a great event and an a great cause!! So lets get'em ready and put on a great show for the crowd!!!

Thank you to everyone who helps make this possible. Whether you are donating time, raffle items, hill climb prizes, or just coming out to have fun, this wouldn't be possible without every single one of you. Thank you all. Gonna be better than ever.

I think this is going to b a awesome time. Last year was good but I believe the sport of rock crawling, bouncing,trail riding whatever it may be is certainly growing and this should b a great time and for a good cause.

Should be able to make this need to try out the new rig on some trails. :driver:

I'm having a banner made where people can buy ribbons to stick on it and write the name of a loved one who's been lost to cancer or who is fighting cancer or is a survivor.

I will get Pink, Orange, and Purple ribbons. The purple can be used as general cancer or pancreatic cancer either one because the generic cancer awareness ribbon color is lavender.

Special thanks to A SignCo Hickory, NC for sponsoring us and helping us with the banner.

We are doing orange T-shirts for Leukemia awareness and purple/lavender for Pancreatic and general cancer awareness. Got a few from previous years left to sell too.

Regarding the banner:
A SignCo covered almost the full amount of the banner. Looking for 2 small sponsorships to cover the rest so I don't have to pay out of my pocket. Also need to cover the ribbon stickers. You will be allowed space on one corner of the banner to place a sticker with your company logo on it. Please let me know if interested.

Big shout out to Carolina Wheelers club for co-sponsoring the DADFL Awareness Banner.

Thank you to Matt Laws and Signal Technologies Inc (my employer) for co-sponsoring the banner as well.

I'll post pics of the banner soon.

Last edited:
Amazing Awareness banner. Can't wait to see ribbons and names on it. Special thanks to A SignCo Hickory and Rudy Wright and Donna Wright for helping with the cost of the banner. Carolina Wheelers and Matthew Laws and Signal Technologies Inc covered the rest. Big thanks to everyone who helps make DADFL a reality and makes it better each year. Pics don't do it justice. This thing is 4 feet by 10 feet.
10014624_4061204305632_2027155122_n.jpg

Back