[Apr 25, 2014] 3rd Annual Down and Dirty for Life/Spring Open Invite (Marion, NC)

Awesome event, raised a bunch for the ACS, and also for a local man with stage 4 colon cancer. Saturday, I saw only hungry people and racers. Love the pics, keep em coming. Lane A was brutal on me. My launch netter me a busted starter when the drive shaft hit the starter, Starter got it's revenge though, took out the drive shaft on superman as well as the out put yoke on the Atlas. Fantastic weekend! Now to get ready for The June event!

Last edited:
Had a great time, as always at these events! Junk held together til Sunday afternoon. finally had a front driveshaft u joint let go!

I had a great time too. I didn't break anything I know of yet cause I haven't done my post trip inspection, but I'm amazed my full size truggy still has a body. I've got rock rash all over the exocage including the outer roof rails somehow.

Had a good weekend. Kids had a blast. My new rear suspension did great but I didn't get to test it real hard. Steering input shaft and coupler stripped before I could beat on it Sunday.

I will post up a few pics tonight if I get the chance. Second time out in the Sami and had an awesome time put some faces with some of the screen names and only popped 1 bead and broke 2 driveshafts all at the same time. Big shoutout to @dkrajcovic for the help getting back to wheeling it was alot faster riding in his razr to get parts and tools than walking.

Last edited:
A great event with some great guys, hope we raised a decent amount of monies!!
A little ill advised (from 4 of the 5 voices in my head) loud pedal got my radiator and a bumpstop, but had a blast!! Did'nt make the hillclimb due to the radiator but had a blast watching and wheeling on some sweet trails!!! I really enjoy the photos too guys, thanks!

Wish I'd taken more of the crawling/trail riding, but it's always easier to hop out and shoot a few from the bottom of a hill as several rigs go at it than to wait on a couple rigs to make it up a trail. Not to mention the videos don't ever really do any justice to the trail riding obstacles.

I had another great time at The Flats...thanks to Jason and the Rock Corps 4x4 for having us there again!

Alright I now have a silly question but I think that's part of the reason for the donations, where can I get one of those mini r/c rock crawler sets that was in the raffle? I put 10 tickets toward them with no luck, haha told my little girl about them and now I needs to buy one!! Thanks

Alright I now have a silly question but I think that's part of the reason for the donations, where can I get one of those mini r/c rock crawler sets that was in the raffle? I put 10 tickets toward them with no luck, haha told my little girl about them and now I needs to buy one!! Thanks
I'll have to see if I can get any more. It might be rough but I'll check for you. Ryan 4 Wheel Parts Charlotte.

4 Wheel Parts
Rock Corps 4x4

Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a huge success. We raised $6000 after expenses for Relay For Life. Very proud to be part of this awesome community.
Damn, all that and I had fun.

4 Wheel Parts
Rock Corps 4x4

Nothing like having a good time for a great cause

Call Ryan at 4Whl Parts. Tell him you saw it at the raffle and missed it! He should hook you up!

Back