[April 15-17] Rock Corp 4x4's first 2016 Open Ride at The SHOP

There was a lot accomplished this weekend! Awesome turnout. I love the latest trails.

There are some great new "red" trails. Shame on anyone who thinks we don't have something for "them"! There are so many trails of every level, and each time we work em, ride em, or add em the trails get better...the park gets better!
WOW you guys are kickin Butt!! That's a lot of trails...like A LOT (I think so anyways)!!
So are the "Yellow" Trails rated like they are at The Flats (what I'm used to)...rigs with 35s locked F&R "should" be able to when not sloppy wet? I know it's hard to tell but just trying to get an idea of what to expect on a normal day minus rainy conditions as I know trails change completely then. Thank you again for you guys' hard work.

WOW you guys are kickin Butt!! That's a lot of trails...like A LOT (I think so anyways)!!
So are the "Yellow" Trails rated like they are at The Flats (what I'm used to)...rigs with 35s locked F&R "should" be able to when not sloppy wet? I know it's hard to tell but just trying to get an idea of what to expect on a normal day minus rainy conditions as I know trails change completely then. Thank you again for you guys' hard work.
Plenty.

ewwwwwwwww

Red Green and Yellow trails are mostly indicative of difficulty. This is especially true in the case in Red trails. But also a "potential for damage" gauge. I would not rate trails on rig size, because I have seen rigs on 33s do things rigs on 44s didnt accomplish! Has not only to do with equipment, but with commitment!

Green are virtually no possibly for damage. Access roads and such. These will never change. I have been all over the SHOP on these in my Comanche. Stock, open-open 3.55 gears with 32" A/Ts

Yellow while not always so difficult, pose a certain chance of damage. Trees, rocks, holes. A lot of hillclimb areas arent so difficult, but have the possibility of body damage, driveline breakages, and of course, in extreme cases, rollover. Also, as these wear in from riding, some may become Red. (I have been on several of these areas in my Comanche. I did stay away from the steeper hillclimbs as this is my DD shop truck!)

Red, of course are the most difficult (except Black). Definite possibility for damage. Body and chassis damage. And driveline breakage. These trails require equipment like lockers, cages, body armor. Winches are expected for recovery and several of these trails have not yet been made all the way through without a winch as of this last workday!

The only Black trail is Razorback. It is recommended for experienced wheelers. It is a very steep, very twisty, very narrow, very long, loose dirt hillclimb. It runs up a ridge or razorback. If you fall off the trail, you are in trouble. Recovery would be very difficult. This trail requires full rollcages and winches. Also recommend a full harness. (It is a very bad hill to have to stop on. You will need a winch to hold you on the hill if you have to stop!) We wont even open this trail is it has been wet!

That dude in the black jeep can't drive for shit. Scared of the throttle and looks like a douchebag also.
The new trail map looks good though!

Red Green and Yellow trails are mostly indicative of difficulty. This is especially true in the case in Red trails. But also a "potential for damage" gauge. I would not rate trails on rig size, because I have seen rigs on 33s do things rigs on 44s didnt accomplish! Has not only to do with equipment, but with commitment!

Green are virtually no possibly for damage. Access roads and such. These will never change. I have been all over the SHOP on these in my Comanche. Stock, open-open 3.55 gears with 32" A/Ts

Yellow while not always so difficult, pose a certain chance of damage. Trees, rocks, holes. A lot of hillclimb areas arent so difficult, but have the possibility of body damage, driveline breakages, and of course, in extreme cases, rollover. Also, as these wear in from riding, some may become Red. (I have been on several of these areas in my Comanche. I did stay away from the steeper hillclimbs as this is my DD shop truck!)

Red, of course are the most difficult (except Black). Definite possibility for damage. Body and chassis damage. And driveline breakage. These trails require equipment like lockers, cages, body armor. Winches are expected for recovery and several of these trails have not yet been made all the way through without a winch as of this last workday!

The only Black trail is Razorback. It is recommended for experienced wheelers. It is a very steep, very twisty, very narrow, very long, loose dirt hillclimb. It runs up a ridge or razorback. If you fall off the trail, you are in trouble. Recovery would be very difficult. This trail requires full rollcages and winches. Also recommend a full harness. (It is a very bad hill to have to stop on. You will need a winch to hold you on the hill if you have to stop!) We wont even open this trail is it has been wet!
thank you for the great thorough explanation. "because I have seen rigs on 33s do things rigs on 44s didnt accomplish!" this I have noticed several times so good point there. "Also, as these wear in from riding, some may become Red" yeah my last trip to the Flats there were some yellows that could've easily been labeled red...it was before any "trail fixing" was done lol.
I've had pretty good luck watching what size rigs make a certain trail with certain setups and then judging from that of what I can do/can't do and do my best once I make the choice. Thanks for the input and look forward to next month. Sorry can't be there for help, boy do I wish I could.

More

20160326_132018.jpg
20160326_132049.jpg
20160326_132448.jpg
20160326_132725.jpg
20160326_133135.jpg

We got some more big kid stuff to play on as well as trails for the smaller rigs. Great work day.

Thanks to all of the volunteers and members who helped make this one of our most productive work days!

Two awesome workdays on the books for this year! Many new trails for the wildbunch, and the mildbunch. Volunteer numbers have been awesome, as well as club member participation. When they bring gloves, chainsaws, Loppers, machetes,and even a battery operated sawzall! the jobs are getting done. Put 40 guys in the woods and see the changes!

One more workday April 9th! Then we have our event on April 15th-17th

Cant keep a strap to stay in one piece either
Told ya he is doucher. Met him once and didn't like the fawker either.
Arrogant prick.

You guys really need to take Razorback seriously!! Paul and I went up it not knowing at the beginning and trying to find members on a workday. My rig tends to stall turning right if I don't stay in the throttle. And she stalled a few times and scared the hell out of me!! Normally on a stall I throw it in N quick and go...NOT on that trail....I put my foot hard on brake, put her in park then cranked her up. Was terrified of slipping any!! This trail is off limits when wet and please wear your belts and harnessess, have a good roll cage, winch and watch where you go!! Can't express this enough!! Not being a wise ass, I truly care!! Please go by the rules, they are there for your safety. Also with my horrific roll on Sparky if I see anyone not wearing your belts (at all times) harnesses and helmets where required, I'll have your ass!! Have fun but safety first!!

One week away!

Get your tire shine and check all your bolts and fluids. Can't wait to share this awesome place everyone.
I can't wait myself...I didn't realize until wife pointed out today that we have 14days til the event and that made my day. Thanks for all the hard work everyone and members/owners thank you for having it open so much this year, I'm very exited to wheel and camp there!!

Would ya say this place has more trails than the flats?

The Rock Corps 4x4 club is going to put up $200 to the first person to drive up the center of the Motherlode trail without a winch. (Amount will most likely increase before the ride.) We also cut a new trail last weekend that hasn't been named. The first person to drive up that trail unassisted will be able to name it. So if you think you have what it takes you will be able to put $200 in your pocket and name a trail. These challenges must be observed by a Rock Corps member or must provide video proof. Get there early to be the first.

Last edited:
Back