Assault rifle sales

jbkelly0211

Does anyone know what is going on with assault rifles? I was jus in a dicks sporting goods and a man in a suit with a badge and the store manager walked up to the gun counter and told the guy behind the counter to pull all assault type rifles and high capacity magazines off the shelves. I had a Troy battle mag in my hand and I asked if I could buy it, he let me but sad it would be the last one they would sell. No one would say if it was just dicks sporting goods doing this, but I did get out of the manager that it was a company wide move. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this happening at stores other than dicks.

awww.wrecklessfaith.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_08_gun_control_colorado.jpg

They were sellin em left and right Sun at Gander Mnt.Sold three while I was waitin on my background check to come back.

It just now happened around 8:30, I'm sure if dicks is pulling them off shelves, more store will be soon to follow. Hopefully just a temporary thing until the liberal heat dies down from this past weeks events.

It just now happened around 8:30, I'm sure if dicks is pulling them off shelves, more store will be soon to follow. Hopefully just a temporary thing until the liberal heat dies down from this past weeks events.

Do some lookin around the net,the heat is just startin to get turned up.Its easier to ban guns than fix the mental health problem in this country.If u even think you want a AR,SKS,ect you better be gettin it cause the ban hammer is about to fall.

Do some lookin around the net,the heat is just startin to get turned up.Its easier to ban guns than fix the mental health problem in this country.If u even think you want a AR,SKS,ect you better be gettin it cause the ban hammer is about to fall.

By the way they were talking that goes for accessories as well. I found some info about a petition sent to dicks to take assault rifles, mags, and .223 ammunition off their shelves. It seems wal-mart has pulled bushmasters from their stores also.

This is crazy!!! More gun control won't fix a damn thing of will only make it worse.

It seems wal-mart has pulled bushmasters from their stores also.

If they did it has been since lunch today because I looked at a Colt this morning about 11:30.

This is crazy!!! More gun control won't fix a damn thing of will only make it worse.

Totally agree! You know drugs are outlawed in our country and thats why we no longer have drug problems...lol...the logic that runs this country mystifies me :confused:

But all things aside, my prayers go out to all affected in CT

Last edited:
By the way they were talking that goes for accessories as well. I found some info about a petition sent to dicks to take assault rifles, mags, and .223 ammunition off their shelves. It seems wal-mart has pulled bushmasters from their stores also.

You kind of sound like one of the "sky is falling" people that inflates gun and ammo prices every election and shitty event. You're the reason that $60 lowers were going for $200 last election. Just saying.

first off its not the gun, real problem is the mental health in the nation, I AM NOT DEFENDING THE GUY, he had asberger's syndrome a lot like autism, and if you have a child or know someone with a condition like that, you know the pain felt when that fact was brought out, we as parents and siblings are not doing enough to help the ones we care about with conditions like these, as we've all seen, and our government has turned their backs on them, proof is in the closed down mental hospitals, if you have a child or sibling you know the therapies these people go through, all the strings that are playing you as a care taker, what this guy did was dispicable and cowardly, no argument there, but it could have been prevented, lets not forget that, the mother feared for her life and no one could commit this guy, he was 20 after all. as for "assault weapons" what the gov. is going to call them now will include pistols, shotguns, and rifles, as long as it is semi auto, if you want to keep them, buy them, and fight with the NRA, they're fighting for you, sorry for the tangent, and dicks, while they're just living up to their name

banning them wont do a thing, its still going to happen even if he has to end up just using a baseball bat....this is how i see it when im asked why i need a supposed "weapon of war", they already have limits on what your allowed to use them for, some people just choose to go beyond whats "legal" just like all these shootings recently, the same deal goes for why if the highest speed limit in the US is like 70mph why can you buy a car that can go almost 200mph in stock form, people get speeding tickets everyday and speed is the factor for death in many auto related deaths so should we limit the top speed of all cars?....its all comes down to whos behind the gun not the gun itself, i know of many guns that sit on store shelves and never cause a single problem, its when you have people like this on the trigger that it becomes dangerous....if you dont like my comparison then flame on, but it makes sense to me

banning them wont do a thing, its still going to happen even if he has to end up just using a baseball bat....this is how i see it when im asked why i need a supposed "weapon of war", they already have limits on what your allowed to use them for, some people just choose to go beyond whats "legal" just like all these shootings recently, the same deal goes for why if the highest speed limit in the US is like 70mph why can you buy a car that can go almost 200mph in stock form, people get speeding tickets everyday and speed is the factor for death in many auto related deaths so should we limit the top speed of all cars?....its all comes down to whos behind the gun not the gun itself, i know of many guns that sit on store shelves and never cause a single problem, its when you have people like this on the trigger that it becomes dangerous....if you dont like my comparison then flame on, but it makes sense to me

Actually this does makes sense.

I honestly think this violence comes from the first person shooter games. I know there have been these shooter games since the regular Nintendo but they have gotten a lot more violent over the past few years. I believe these type games are influencing kids more and more and especially have a bigger impact on those with mental issues (ex. above post by boatedwagon).

But this is just my opinion.

Back