Assault rifle sales

Bulamn aa guun ine da hanz off a kilr , iz bulamn diss keebord fer deez mispled wurdz, liberal dummiez

that took me a few minutes. LOL

I think about the only thing that we could offer the right wing, that they wouldnt simply laugh at, is more regulation on the purchase transaction. I know that I wouldnt mind if they did a more thorough background check before handing over a gun. Or possibly require everyone who wishes to purchase a gun to go through a safety class; I'm thinking similar to a concealed carry class, but directed more at safety. Maybe a minimum wait to purchase. When was the last time you needed a gun right now so you rushed to the sporting goods store to buy one?

I personally feel that if you need to hunt at 800 rounds per minute, perhaps hunting isn't your sport - but again, that is just my opinion.

x2

I think about the only thing that we could offer the right wing, that they wouldnt simply laugh at, is more regulation on the purchase transaction. I know that I wouldnt mind if they did a more thorough background check before handing over a gun. Or possibly require everyone who wishes to purchase a gun to go through a safety class; I'm thinking similar to a concealed carry class, but directed more at safety. Maybe a minimum wait to purchase. When was the last time you needed a gun right now so you rushed to the sporting goods store to buy one?
that wouldn't have mattered in this case, the guy's mom bought the guns. I believe the thinking is that assault weapons make these massacres worse because the shooter doesn't have to reload, at least if they had a normal hunting weapon someone would have a chance to tackle them to the ground when they reloaded or switched guns

that wouldn't have mattered in this case, the guy's mom bought the guns. I believe the thinking is that assault weapons make these massacres worse because the shooter doesn't have to reload, at least if they had a normal hunting weapon someone would have a chance to tackle them to the ground when they reloaded or switched guns
But you don't have to reload if you preload, like most of the nutcases do.

??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-18-15-39-47.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-18-15-39-47.png
    180 KB · Views: 269
Exactly. After all, this guy didn't read the sign that said, "Gun Free School Zone" and turn around and go home.

Mike Huckabee puts it plainly at around the 3 minute mark of this clip:

This

I really don't understand how people think that banning "assault" rifles/pistols will prevent events like this. A trained or novice shooter can do just as much or more damage with a hunting rifle from 100 yds than a nut case with a AR-15. Another thing I don't understand or agree with is why there are gun control debates and all this anti gun lobbying when there is still innocent children that are not laid to rest. Now is not the time for this shit, this should be a time of mourning, I'm sure the residents of Newtown do not need to be hearing all of this.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

Need an evaluation to the mental stability before being able to purchase maybe?

the definition of normal is "to be like everybody else" I have no idea whom is to determine this. However there has got to be recognizable signs in behavior that can be seen when one is stressed in the right cinereo.

I may be missing something here..but isnt (ptsd) post traumatic stress disorder considered a mental illness?

If so..then probably 3/4 of our soldiers returning home wouldnt be allowed to purchase...right? I am sure that a mental check would'nt have a ''varing degree of''.. scale, and even a mild case of PTSD would be reason for purchase denial.

Good point froto:)

Some 21,000 children die every day around the world.
That is equivalent to:
  • 1 child dying every 4 seconds
  • 14 children dying every minute
  • A 2011 Libya conflict-scale death toll every day
  • A 2010 Haiti earthquake occurring every 10 days
  • A 2004 Asian Tsunami occurring every 11 days
  • An Iraq-scale death toll every 19–46 days
  • Just under 7.6 million children dying every year
  • Some 92 million children dying between 2000 and 2010
  • 1166 Newtown, CT incidents a day

sounds to me like guns are the last thing that need to be brought up, how about child starvation and hunger lets start by banning that

HERE IS THE ANSWER in my OWN opinion and yes...I thought of all this by myself..lol (sorry for any spelling errors)
anyone is welcome to debate any point of this...please.

Imagine this scenario

What is a S.C.D.?

S.C.D. stands for Secret Campus defender(s) In easy terms..this means that there are a few VERY SELECT teachers in any given school that are armed and trained to stop someone from gunning down high numbers kids,teachers etc...

How do I become SCD certified?

You apply.. Lets say out of an entire school staff, only 20 % of teachers will even consider applying.The list of applicants will be narrowed down by 90% befrore the list makes it any further than the sherrifs desk..In easy terms...the 75 year old science teacher will not make the cut, evn though she applied. The easily recognized overzealous hot headed gym teacher will not make the cut...The coke bottle glasses wearing 40 year old history teacher will not make the cut. So by this, everyone that would gladly become an SCD, 90% WILL BE TOLD NO,righ off the top

Who will make the cut?
Now were are left with 10% of the applicants..out of those 5% will be told no due to any number of reasons including, medicines they take..history of deppression..etc..this list could be long.. NOW..we are left with the remaining 5%..out of these..we will give a physical exam,training courses and other various methods(to be determined later) of how to narrow this ramaining 5% down to only 3%.

So this leaves us with ,lets just say 4 teachers in a school that will be allowed to go to a government paid..government provided, government ran training course to be any schools S.C.D.
This training will encompass evrything needed to become a SECRET CAMPUS DEFENDER. They will be trained just like police,cia,FBI in marksmanship AND OTHER ASPECTS OF SHOOTONG SAFETY,HOW TO HIT,WHO NOT TO HIT..COMPLETE TRAINING!
During this training, they will also be taught how to keep in a secret...like cia,fbi,etc...(this is important, as the children do not need to know who the SCD'S at their school are. The idea behind the secrecy is to keep the students minds on school and everything great about it. NOT ''who's gotta gun?''
Good Example..as of just a few years ago, due to many heart related deaths during school, there have been programs that have brought defibulators into schools. Many schools have them, to be ready to use in the case of a heart related emergency, however...NOT EVERY teacher is trained to use it..and Id bet..not many students know which staff members are trained to use it. It just sits in the background until needed...same idea would apply to the SCD. only the guns would be even more ''out of sight'' of the students than the defib.

Not only would the SCD keep the fact that they are armed and trained, a secret from students..there would be no need to even let the other teachers know. Out of sight, out of mind. Only there when needed.,which hopefully will be never.

I dont know, but I bet many schools have ex-military men as teachers... already ''mostly'' trained. i imagine these will be the first folks to apply. I imagine there are already many vol firemen in schools..these will be the first to apply..
The point is, there are many folks that would be willing to step up and DIE for these kids if needed. There are heros already imbedded in the schools, as evident from the reports that teachers shielded kids with their own bodies and DIED SAVING STUDENTS. Why not train them to be a certified S.C.D.?

** IN MY OPINION**
You will never be able to protect everyone in a SURPRISE attack. If there is a crazy on the loose..someone is GOING TO DIE. S.C.D.'S will lessen the numbers.

There is no need to hire extra police to be at the school at all times...no need to spend the money. There are plenty of folks that will gladly provide this service FOR FREE. They are already at school...

Like I said , the ''chosen ones'' will be few in numbers..but the cream will rise to the top. ''Chosen ones'' are already in the schools.

I welcome any ''nay sayers'' or questions. I have though about this ALOT.

Didnt want to quote that because of how long it was but I agree. The hard part is convincing others and achieving it.

I Don't know, kinda split on that. Apart of me says as many as possible should carry and they should make it visible but all with good training by local LEO's. Mandatory workday/range days and classes as well as other evaluations. It would be hard to give an employee a physiological or personality test in this PC world we live in. Some one would be bound to sue because they couldn't carry.

That being said another part of me likes the secret part. But if you go by your numbers and only have 4 in a school they definitely need to keep them a secret as they could be targeted first.

They would be kinda like Air Marshall's.

Back