Automotive bubble....has it burst?

Sodium silicate

IMG_0700.png

I forget what it was, but we'd drain the crankcase, add 1 qt of the stuff, take them to the storage yard behind the shop, floor them till they seized up
Hol up. Are you referring to cars that the dealership couldn’t sell and qualified for cash for clunkers?

Hol up. Are you referring to cars that the dealership couldn’t sell and qualified for cash for clunkers?
I was told in order to get the cash the cars had to go through that procedure.

Nope.
Any vehicles that were traded in under the C4C guise HAD to have their engines locked up. No exceptions.
We would bring them in the shop, drain oil, add the juice, ease them to the side yard- blow them up where they were left until a tow company hauled them away

Nope.
Any vehicles that were traded in under the C4C guise HAD to have their engines locked up. No exceptions.
We would bring them in the shop, drain oil, add the juice, ease them to the side yard- blow them up where they were left until a tow company hauled them away
Oof. If one were so inclined could you snag any good non engine parts off of it before it got hauled away? Would anyone even know?

I may have snagged some free parts off some trucks at a local dealership near me. It was sad seeing good vehicles get locked up. Local Nissan dealer didn't care what I took of them... but they didn't lock them up either, said the salvage yard was doing it. I'm not sure they did... was a waste of some good iron for sure

Back