Battery Outdoor Power Equipment 2022 edition

I love my Milwaukee blower, only gripe is it eats batteries!!

I hate all my Ryobi cordless tools, just had another battery crap out on me weed whacking the other weekend. I will never buy their crap again. Ryobi rant off....

Because of the air pattern and strength, I would say the Echo would still do a better job faster, with less effort overall. The MPH on the Echo is much higher so it will be much more effective at pushing water out of cracks and off of surfaces.

I love my Milwaukee blower, only gripe is it eats batteries!!

I hate all my Ryobi cordless tools, just had another battery crap out on me weed whacking the other weekend. I will never buy their crap again. Ryobi rant off....
See if you can find an adapter to run the Milwaukee batteries on the Ryobi trimmer. People are 3d printing all kinds of them these days.

Love my old Stihl two stroke machines. Y'all can keep the girly man battery powered toy tools...

Burnt oil exhaust smell for the win!

Love my old Stihl two stroke machines. Y'all can keep the girly man battery powered toy tools...

Burnt oil exhaust smell for the win!
I used to think that way too. I still have a Husky 335xpt, Stihl 028, Stihl 046, and a ported Stihl 661 with a 36" bar. They have a place. But I'll have 2 limbs cut off and the chips blown away with my battery stuff before you get your chainsaw and blower started. And that's assuming they are already gassed up. ;)

small enough my wife wouldn't be afraid of it
How's that work?

The way I figure, the most dangerous tool I own (by far) is the M18 angle grinder. How's a battery powered chainsaw not a more powerful and hazardous version of that?

I used to think that way too. I still have a Husky 335xpt, Stihl 028, Stihl 046, and a ported Stihl 661 with a 36" bar. They have a place. But I'll have 2 limbs cut off and the chips blown away with my battery stuff before you get your chainsaw and blower started. And that's assuming they are already gassed up. ;)
Im with you on this debate.
However
After an exceptionally long blow job last week though where all 3 batteries were exhausted...I did wish I could just dump gas and go and not wait on a recharge. But my arm was tired by that point and I said Fawk it - it can wait and Ill recharge while the batts do.

Im with you on this debate.
However
After an exceptionally long blow job last week though where all 3 batteries were exhausted...I did wish I could just dump gas and go and not wait on a recharge. But my arm was tired by that point and I said Fawk it - it can wait and Ill recharge while the batts do.
My wife has complained about being tired after blowing for a long time too. 🤷‍♂️

She said it's more of a "puff" than a blow
Huffing and puffing, hoeing and blowing, as long the bushes are trimmed and everything is blown to my level of satisfaction I don't really care.

So uh, for the sake of "science"....I am now in the possession of a Milwaukee Blower, Echo 56v blower, Ryobi 40v 730cfm blower, and Ego 56v 765cfm blower. Decisions will be made this weekend. If anybody wants to know anything in particular about them, let me know. Also, if you have good ideas for tests, I'm down.

So uh, for the sake of "science"....I am now in the possession of a Milwaukee Blower, Echo 56v blower, Ryobi 40v 730cfm blower, and Ego 56v 765cfm blower. Decisions will be made this weekend. If anybody wants to know anything in particular about them, let me know. Also, if you have good ideas for tests, I'm down.
Please post your experiment results, opinions, and results. I'm in the market for a blower and will be purchasing within the next month or so. Leaning towards Ego. Since this is the first tool purchased towards probable conversion of all my outdoor landscaping stuff to battery I'm over-researching and analyzing everything haha.

I know you have a skid steer, so maybe it doesnt have weight. Ryobi has a 40V auger out, that I have heard some good personal reviews of. Havent tried it myself however.

RYOBI 40-Volt HP Ice Auger with 8 in. Bit and 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger RY40712VNM - The Home Depot
I saw that at Home Depot in Gastonia last weekend. Thought hmm, interesting, then thought I could probably buy a gas one from harbor freight for 1/3 the price. I can't imagine battery life is any good with such a tool.
Also, since battery swapping with garage tools isnt as much of a deal, does it really matter as much between these tools? Maybe it does mean that you have more batteries and chargers sitting around in the garage.
It's a valid point, and hence why I'm probably moving away from Milwaukee for the yard stuff, since all the shop tools live in a different place anyway. But I haven't written them off yet. I like having multiple batteries, and at $150 a pop, it's hard to justify extra batteries for the yard tools.

I saw that at Home Depot in Gastonia last weekend. Thought hmm, interesting, then thought I could probably buy a gas one from harbor freight for 1/3 the price. I can't imagine battery life is any good with such a tool.
A short while back I decided to by an auger. I looked briefly at the electric ones, then went to Harbor Freight.

Some teaser pics. In order by weakest to strongest, and coincidentally by order of purchase and price also.
20220819_174708.jpg
20220819_174643.jpg
20220819_174622.jpg
20220819_174715.jpg

Humor me - trying putting one of the adapter/“nozzles” on the Milwaukee and see if it helps at all.

If so you could forget to put it back in the box when you return that one

Backpack version?

Humor me - trying putting one of the adapter/“nozzles” on the Milwaukee and see if it helps at all.

If so you could forget to put it back in the box when you return that one
All of the orifices are surprisingly similar in size. The Milwaukee is the smallest tube by far. I'll get some actual measurements.

Milwaukee just released a dual battery blower.
Back to the store with you.
It's not in stores yet. Or at least not Home Depot. And not in the running for me because it looks like they just added some batteries to the same, already loud and not very strong design, and it specs out at 600cfm and 17 Newtons, which still puts it at the bottom of the bunch. I did look for it though.

I was going to convert to all Milwaukee outdoor tools, but have discovered we rarely if ever use a full battery per use, so interchangeability isn't that important to me anymore....best bang for the buck is.
Skimming back through this thread and this point really hit home. I typically carried and extra battery if leaving the house with the chainsaw, but almost never used it. Since I'm buying 2 tools, I will have 2 large batteries, so it's not crucial to have a half dozen batteries, because an extra pound for a larger battery on a chainsaw or weedeater doesn't matter as much as it does on an impact or grinder or drill that you're using in some weird position twisted up under a rig.

Does anyone make a battery back pack version? It seems like it'd be alot lighter than gas, if so.
Ryobi, Ego, Greenworks, Husqvarna, Stihl (maybe)

The Ryobi and Ego versions have the same performance as the handheld, but more battery. Ego actually uses the handheld blower and a plug, with a 10ah battery on your back. Ryobi has a more traditional backpack style with capability to accept 2 batteries. Not sure about the others.

Back