Benefit ride at The Flats, July 24th

I watched that while I was eating lunch, that was a pretty hard hit. Glad you were able to get it fixed!
Unmeasurable amount of fun today! Thanks for hosting guys! I hope the benefit raised what you were hoping for, we certainly appreciate you opening up the park up to the public today.
We took the TJ up Ol' Stumpy, Rock Ledge, 3 Way and #6 (bypassing the mud :D). Only carnage is a beat up shock due to my spring coming off the perch and wedging up against it. I owe a few guys some beer for helping get the spring back on... and then back on... and then back on.
As always, we met a great group of people and I enjoyed talking shop with all of them. I didn't get very many pictures, but will post a few later this evening.
Thanks again!!
-Jay

not a problem man but i will take you up on the beer offer though haha

Thanks to all the Rock Corps members and volunteers that worked today. Great to a part of the event and glad to help out!

Pics

Attachments

• 4x4 pics 001.jpg
    4x4 pics 001.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 583
  • 4x4 pics 003.jpg
    4x4 pics 003.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 548
  • 4x4 pics 002.jpg
    4x4 pics 002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 523
  • 4x4 pics 005.jpg
    4x4 pics 005.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 509
  • 4x4 pics 004.jpg
    4x4 pics 004.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 555
  • brandon's trophy.jpg
    brandon's trophy.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 546
damn hate we missed it...BTW Harlan is WET...and you all KNOW how much fun it is when super wet...

had a blast today. was good to finally get to the Flats and especially for a good cause like this. nice to meet all the new faces and ride with those again that Ive already met. got some pics for ya'll that didn't make it. most are here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19356&id=100001376811042&l=ed578513c1

and here are some for those who don't facebook :D

Herbie had a bad day. :(
Greg, I hope it feels better tomorrow.
P1000174.jpg

P1000178.jpg

P1000180.jpg

more from the day
P1000188.jpg

P1000195.jpg

P1000200.jpg

I don't have many more, had too much fun riding around.

This was my first time at something like this, and i must say I had a blast! Great cause, Great people, Great food, and Great wheelin'! It was great to meet alot of you guys as well as seeing old friends! and thanks again to Rock Corps!

For those navigators on the blind driving event, when the driver is blind folded he does not know which way straight is and he can not see your hand signals. I was laughing my ass off when people would point and say " Turn that way". It looked to be a great turn out and I was amazed at how many people actually stayed the whole day through that heat.

Had a great day despite the heat. I agree with Brad working the Blind Curve was hilarious(watching people say go that way). Nice meeting and working with you Brad . Glad to have met all the others too. Nice to put faces with names. Thanks to all the people who came out and supported this great cause!!!! Hope everyones not to sunburnt !!!!

M&M Buggy on Superman

Thanks to the Rock Corps and all others that did such a great job putting on a killer fun event. The Blind driver was too fun of an event that anyone and everyone could do. I think after today I'm finally gonna have to replace my radiator. It didn't like the heat but got me home safely. Got some vid's of the M&M buggy on superman though. check it....

nice vids... if you listen to the last of the second video you can hear the scream of a Krawler getting torn in half... Thanks mr stump...:).. still was a great time...

Hat's off to all that braved the heat to come together for a worthy cause, especially to all the Rock Corp. guys and gals that put this on. We however were sorta cold all day because of the updraft off of the Cart! A little known fact is that the heat from the three propane burners pulls cool air up at the bottom and has a cooling effect and chills the operaters of said cart! Dylan W. is a true friend to help us all day!
The Cannon family was what made this event a success, sooooo grateful to everybody that was on that property that came out to help their son! Last year my wife and I met and had several conservations with Mrs. Cannon at the cart, she is a great person! We did'nt put it together who was who until mid day we put it together! The last few minutes after the raffel prizes were awarded were very touching when the family thanked everybody from the bottom of their hearts!!!! You truly had to be there to grasp how much this meant to them!
After we were packed up with the help of Caver Dave and Brant Mallbritten, we were asked to hit the water on a pontoon boat with a few newly made friends! Wife and I jumped at the chance and were on our way to a fantastic night on and in the water! The moon was perfect and the water felt sooooo good! We made it home at 1:00 in the morning!
When Chip Price called me two weeks prior to this event and asked if I would be there< I thought and my mind raced to figure out if we were already booked for this date. I knew something was in the back of my mind about this date! 23rd Wedding Anniversary!!!!!!!! Thanks to a very understanding wife for working and sweating her $^%@ off on a special date! We had a great time and would do it again in a heart beat! And for Chip.....never seen him the entire day! Your Hot Dog Guy! (residing temperarily in the dog house!)

Aniversary

:handed:What a wonderful way to spend YOUR aniversary. Now it's time for HER aniversary. HE HE. You do want out of the dog house, right ?. Nice people, awsome hot dogs. Thanx Hot Dog Guy.

WOW, just about describes it. It’s hard to believe that with such short notice(two weeks) that we were able to put on such a successful event. I don’t have a clue where to start, but I’ll try

First off, this couldn't’t have happened at all without NC4X4.com. Word of mouth brought in a few folks, but the real credit goes to this board. From the owners, to every person who attended. Most learned it from here

Our deepest gratitude goes to all the people who give in so many ways. There were the businesses that donated items for the raffle. I don’t think I have ever been to a raffle with so much cool stuff to win. We had individuals that bought stuff and or made stuff that were awesome prizes. We had many Rock Corps members who give of their time. We had the Big Dixie Boggers who came up, put on a show, eat a hot dog, went back to play, and then had to leave early because of prior commitments. But they found time in their day, to make our day a success. We had many members of The Trail Jammers club there to support us,, and many were roped into helping our in various duties. Carolina Trail Blazers were also in attendance and several of those were helping out to keep things running. I know other clubs were also in attendance, and to you all, A great big from the bottom of my heart,…Thank you so much.

No one went hungry or thirsty either. Terry Moorefield made sure of that with his vast variety of hot dogs and fixin’s and many coolers of drinks. It was hot to say the least, but Terry stood over a grill all day, so I know he had to be in the hottest spot of the property all day. Thank you Terry for taking so good of care for each and everyone of us.

Events

I alone came up with these events. I didn’t disclose the details until the day of the event.
I participated, but took myself out of contention so it couldn't’t be said that I had an unfair advantage. I did how ever score the most points in the show and shine, but as said, it was for fun. The blind mans drive, well that was fun. I had heard of it, but had never don’t it. I set up a small course, even drove Through it a couple of times to make sure a rig my size could do it. It could, so I called it good. But when I was blind folded, …different story. Out of a possible 50 points, I came away with 14! LOL The Ramp was steep, and I didn’t do too good on that either. Slow crawl, well I wasn’t the slowest there either. But was second slowest, barrel race LOL My Heep don’t turn too sharp, and had to back up, I was one of the slowest!.

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks so much to everyone for participating.

The raffle was great. Before the raffle, I made an announcement, that if you won it, didn’t need it, couldn’t use it, or for what ever reason wanted to donate it back, we would auction it off. I did pretty good in the raffle, but I had no need for another Bud Built winch plate, I also won a beast of a chain with an even bigger hook. Other gave back a few gifts and we had auction. I ain’t no auctioneer, but with the help of Steve Brush( I think he has been to a few auctions and secretly always wanted to be the one pointing of the bidders) we raised still another couple hundred dollars.

We then had the Trophy awards.

Show and Shine
Steve Brush

Barrel race winner
Brandon Floyd

RTI Ramp
Mike Hitchcock 860

Slow Crawl
Brian Cannon

Blind Mans Drive
Three way tie with perfect scores of 50 points
Calvin Rhodes
Derrick Burge
Rodney Padgett
Trophy awarded to Calvin Rhodes (by way of a draw from a hat)

Over all winner
Rodney Padgett

Special thanks to Mike Burell for designing the trophies, and to Scott Sill of MudPro for making them and donating them to us!

After the awards, four of us went into my camper in the AC to see how we did.
We raised over $3500.00!
Thank you all so much for being a part of this and making it a success.

I apologize to the many I would loved to have said good bye to, but I couldn't’t bring myself to come out of the AC for a while. When I come out, everyone was gone! I hope everyone recouped from the heat. I am still working on it!

i had to leave around 11:30,wish i could have stayed alittle longer.I did buy 60+ raffle tickets on my way out.
This community is AWSOME!! everyone came together when most needed.espesially in short notice.
They would do it again in a heartBeat.
Glad enough was raised to help out.
cant say enough for Chip,rock corps,and all that attended in giving so much for a good cause.

Alrighty then..I have a list of folks to thank myself.

Christy and Josh, Yager and his wife and Mbalbritton for running the Table Crawl.

All the kids and the Lady that helped gather rocks for the Table Crawl.

Everyone that helped set up and tear down the big shade tent.

Everyone that ventured over and shelled out 5 bucks or more, to play.

BDB for sponsoring the Table Crawl prizes.

Kevin Bently/Snappy for offering up $50 cash for a childrens prize for the game.

89wrangler(Steve) for a cool, comfy place to crash friday night! Nice motorhome Steve!!

Thanks to Terry and Belinda for being such a hoot to ''Slang dem dawgs with''
We were all 3 dirty as hogs when we left, but thanks to Larry Elder(Larry's Muffler Shop) we were all able to get cleaned up by jumping overboard the pontoon on Lake Hickory!
With a cotton candy colored sunset followed by a great fullish moon we were finally beating the heat!

Thanks Larry, for helping me give Belinda and Terry a very unexpected surprise for their anniversary!

Table Crawl raised 260.00 for the cause, thanks to all of the folks mentioned above!

Winners

Jada Cannon for the kids..she won 50 bucks!

Chad Mackie 1st place won the buggy/boat sound system
Joe Jones 2nd place won a Ruff Stuff diff guard
Mark Watson 3rd place won a 50 gift cert from MudPro

Back