Best Tire plug kit

jeepinmatt

..l.
UPDATE: Added a review of Blackjack KT-335 and ARB Speedy Seal 2 in post 33

At a reasonable price. I've bent or broken too many of the car part store cheapos and I'm tired of it. Netterwebz says the ARB one is great, but it's $50. I'd like to buy 3 or 4 of em, and don't' mind spending 20 bucks or so on a good quality product, but I ain't got no desire to throw away $50x4 on something I hope to never use. I was somewhere the other day and saw an ATD one that looked nice. Anybody got any recommendations and/or experience?

Last edited:
At a reasonable price. I've bent or broken too many of the car part store cheapos and I'm tired of it. Netterwebz says the ARB one is great, but it's $50. I'd like to buy 3 or 4 of em, and don't' mind spending 20 bucks or so on a good quality product, but I ain't got no desire to throw away $50x4 on something I hope to never use. I was somewhere the other day and saw an ATD one that looked nice. Anybody got any recommendations and/or experience?
I have the arb one and it matches the Amazon one I got. Exact same kit, same orange case

Netterwebz says the ARB one is great, but it's $50.
cheap fawker :gtfo:

I've got the ARB one and plugged the sidewall of a sticky 43 TSL. Well I didn't... @rcalexander105 son did it :rockon:

IMG_20230819_161824495_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230819_162056083.jpg

ARB here too! Going on 12 years and has installed a lot of plugs! Vehicle, mowers, ATV....But the new ones with pliers and pressure gauge is really nice.

I have the Morrflate kit. Because I won $100 to Morrflate at Trail Fest, I added on the Glue Tread patches. It's a really nice kit.

This is the one I got from Amazon. My arb kits is atleast 6/7 years old. Didn’t come with pliers. That I can recall. I will look tonight. But the Amazon one here I use almost daily. They also offer it in a deluxe with more tools
That looks like the one that I've had for the past.... 20 or so years. Gifted from 44 Magnum Offroad. Bent the needle one time. I like that they are replaceable and come with a replacement. couldn't begin to guess how many tires I've plugged with this kit.

Gifted from 44 Magnum Offroad.
:rockon: Bill is such a great guy. He put the locker in my Bronco a million years ago when he was in that tiny shop near Pinnacle. Back when he lived in that cool ass water wheel house. I missed my chance to see him this last time he was traveling close.

:rockon: Bill is such a great guy. He put the locker in my Bronco a million years ago when he was in that tiny shop near Pinnacle. Back when he lived in that cool ass water wheel house. I missed my chance to see him this last time he was traveling close.
there's a good chance I helped him install your locker or I was at least looking over his shoulder. I was at his shop just about every weekend until he moved it to VA.

Black Jack brand are what we use at work. Hold up pretty good.
Amazon product ASIN B0083IAO5M
Dang, I really like the look of that one. Bigger grips with a little rubberizing seems like it would help give you more control and prevent twisting when you have one you really gotta put your weight into. I may have to get a couple from Amazon and figure out which is best for my applications.

there's a good chance I helped him install your locker or I was at least looking over his shoulder. I was at his shop just about every weekend until he moved it to VA.
What happened to bill? Met him when he moved up here? Then helped when he moved his shop to the big old dealership, then just seemed to disappear?

What happened to bill? Met him when he moved up here? Then helped when he moved his shop to the big old dealership, then just seemed to disappear?
I helped him move up to Va too. I drove his U-Haul loaded with all his gear.

Unfortunately 44Mag didn’t work out for him.

He has since purged most all worldly possessions, bought a truck and 5th wheel camper and a kayak and spends his days traveling the country from RV park to RV park, picking up gigs here and there. He seems to be loving it.

Black Jack brand are what we use at work. Hold up pretty good.
Amazon product ASIN B0083IAO5M

I swear by Blackjack .... pick up a small set years ago at a flea market or a yard sale and I have plugged dozens of tire.
I have refilled it at least twice.
The nice heavy metal handles help to really punch through quick.

I swear by Blackjack .... pick up a small set years ago at a flea market or a yard sale and I have plugged dozens of tire.
I have refilled it at least twice.
The nice heavy metal handles help to really punch through quick.
I have the same kit and love it. I run the 14 ply "g" rated tires though and have to bring a drill and drill bit. No matter what brand I cannot get through the tire with the reamer. Great kit though.

I’ve got a kit from Boulder Tools i won in a raffle earlier this year. It’s fine I guess. It has the metal handles with set screws that everyone in this thread seems to prefer. I’ve felt it slipping pulling out a tight plug - I think I prefer the cheap parts store kits for this reason.
If it is going to have a set screw I wish it was a through bolt .

Back