Big Day Tomorrow... Prayers Requested

I made it !!!

I came out of surgery about 8 pm Monday evening and went into ICU. It is now 12:45 pm Tuesday and I have been moved out of ICU and into a regular room. The doctor told Darlene there was no damage to my heart from the previous heart attack, all the problem areas were bypassed and that my heart was healthy. That said, I sincerely thank all of you for the thoughts an prayers. I received a lot of them from a lot of people. There is no man on earth who is more blessed than I am right now. May God bless all of you!

I made it !!!

I came out of surgery about 8 pm Monday evening and went into ICU. It is now 12:45 pm Tuesday and I have been moved out of ICU and into a regular room. The doctor told Darlene there was no damage to my heart from the previous heart attack, all the problem areas were bypassed and that my heart was healthy. That said, I sincerely thank all of you for the thoughts an prayers. I received a lot of them from a lot of people. There is no man on earth who is more blessed than I am right now. May God bless all of you!
Prayers for a speedy recovery! Hope to see you at the Veterans Ride next month.

Want me to bring some biscuits and gravy Don? :) What room are ya in?

Little Buddy... I haven't shown shown this to Darlene yet, but I suspect that when I do you may very well lose your #1 Son status. In fact, you may get disowned. Biscuits & gravy do sound good though. I am in room 512

Wishing you a speedy recovery Don!!

This morning it looked like I would be released today. It did not happen. I have a low-grade fever and my blood pressure is running low. They have decided to keep me another night. They put me on an antibiotic and are preparing to give me a unit of blood tonight. If all goes well, I will probably be released tomorrow.

Continued prayers for healing.

Hello CTB..... I'm back home and healing up well. I have not run a mile yet... maybe try that next year. :lol:

For the next few weeks I have more doctor appointments than Carter had liver pills, but guess that is to be expected. I am sure Darlene has kept the Facebook fans pretty well updated, but thought I would post a few lines for the forum anyway. The Doc says the heart is like new. The chest is healing well, and not much discomfort at all. I will say, sneezing is HELL!... and coughing not much better. If all goes well, we hope to drop by at the Fun Caravan, probably just to eat with y'all. I can not commit a definite YES or NO at this time. Weather will dictate that more than anything. I need to do all I can to avoid a cold or getting sick. My first post-op appointment is Nov 12th. I am not allowed to drive or lift anything over 5 lbs until after that. I still tire out pretty easily, but every day is a little better. They tell me in approximately 3 months I should be good as new. That about wraps it up and this will likely be the last update. If anyone has any questions... don't be bashful.

Back