Bourbon

Either Makers Mark 46 or Jamesons.

Oddly enough Evan Williams gives me wild heartburn. No idea why. The only way I can drink it is with club soda. Only alcohol that does that to me.

Hands down the best I ever had was lagavulin 16. I can't find it anywhere locally. I received it as a christmas gift one year.

Last edited:
Aristocrat

E26C8F10-12E0-4E10-A184-49E62303DB65.jpeg

full

A bit sideways myself tonight due to this and a few Coronas. Good stuff! Way better than Fireball!
I really dont like any of them but Jim beam has the best cinnamon in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Russels reserve. There single barrel was named best bourbon for 2019 under 10 years old.

Elija Craig
Larceny
Woodford
Buffalo Trace.

Btw.... will be living in Louisville for at least another two months. Ppl tell me buffalo trace is hard to find in NC. I can buy it at Walmart lol. Let me know if anyone is in need.

Most have been covered already... But this is a good, no going wrong list

Buffalo Trace
Cornel Taylor
Eagle Rare
Angels Envy
Blanton's
4 Roses
Mitchers
Elijah Craig Small batch
Evan Williams Small batch
Evan Williams white lable 100 proof
Rowan's Creek
There are 4 or 5 more I am forgetting.

I am not a fan of Pappy. It was a genius marketing strategy and it continues to sell for ridiculous amounts. Ocean Jefferson is another really cool story but it is pretty rough. Fuck anything rye. Willey, bullet and a couple of others are good, but are just too sweet for me. There is a shit ton out there. Try a bunch. But if you put anything in it besides ice, just get Jack or crown for fucks sake

Regular old Jim Beam white label or Bulleit if it’s a marathon of consumption. Beyond that, the usual suspects of Makers, Woodford, Buffalo Trace, Angels Envy all make appearances from time to time. Tried Tin Cup a while back and really liked it. It’s a Rye blend and usually I’m not much of a Rye fan.

Someone, possibly @rockcity gifted me a bottle of Copper Fox rye which I quite like. My favorite Scotches on the shelf at the moment are Bowmore 12, The Balvenie Doublewood 12, Talisker 10, and Oban 14. Can't go wrong with anything Glenmorangie. Greenore and Redbreast are my favorite Irish whiskeys on the shelf right now. West Cork makes a good Irish, too.

Someone, possibly @rockcity gifted me a bottle of Copper Fox rye which I quite like. My favorite Scotches on the shelf at the moment are Bowmore 12, The Balvenie Doublewood 12, Talisker 10, and Oban 14. Can't go wrong with anything Glenmorangie. Greenore and Redbreast are my favorite Irish whiskeys on the shelf right now. West Cork makes a good Irish, too.

Scotch is a tough one for me...can not stand a peaty Scotch...which leaves me typically playing with Lowland spirits. Favorites being Auchentoshan and Strathclyde. I also like my scotch old enough to be able to order its own scotch. The scotch market has been significantly more stable for a much longer period of time, so it's generally pretty easy to find good scotches. However, good scotches are far from cheap...and when you start talking any 21 year old scotch, good grief.

Scotch is a tough one for me...can not stand a peaty Scotch...which leaves me typically playing with Lowland spirits. Favorites being Auchentoshan and Strathclyde. I also like my scotch old enough to be able to order its own scotch. The scotch market has been significantly more stable for a much longer period of time, so it's generally pretty easy to find good scotches. However, good scotches are far from cheap...and when you start talking any 21 year old scotch, good grief.

I used to feel the same way about peaty scotch and have plenty of gifted bottles to show for not knowing what to do with them. I spent a little time learning and listening to people who express an overall appreciation and it made me rethink my biases. I found a little water or ice really does open it up and let the smoke dissipate enough to get to the real flavor. I like Islay malts, Highland, Speyside, doesn't really matter.

The only thing that makes old scotch expensive is that it's rare. A 12-yo scotch should be a good bottle, taste preferences aside.

We have a bottle of Auchentoshan American Oak that is really good... But doesn't hold a candle to the Bowmore 12.

I'm a big fan of the 70/30 from Knox Whiskey Works.
I tried a Japanese whiskey once that was pretty good but can't remember the name...
Blanton's is probably the best I tried so far. I'm new to the Whisky game.

My go to is Woodford.

Thanks for sharing guys, I'm learning a lot and can't wait to pick some bottles off of the list yall made.

Woodford Reserve and Elijah Craig are my usual pours. Evan Williams Single Barrel definitely punches above its cost. Still wondering what went wrong in the world where my local ABC store requires a raffle for a chance to purchase Weller... wtf.

So I started dabbling in scotch to get similar nuanced flavors at realistic prices. Highland Park 12 is very very good if you like smoked peat sweetness.

I used to feel the same way about peaty scotch and have plenty of gifted bottles to show for not knowing what to do with them. I spent a little time learning and listening to people who express an overall appreciation and it made me rethink my biases. I found a little water or ice really does open it up and let the smoke dissipate enough to get to the real flavor. I like Islay malts, Highland, Speyside, doesn't really matter.

The only thing that makes old scotch expensive is that it's rare. A 12-yo scotch should be a good bottle, taste preferences aside.

We have a bottle of Auchentoshan American Oak that is really good... But doesn't hold a candle to the Bowmore 12.

I learned to drink Scotch long before Bourban, mainly because my dad drank Scotch. Well come to find out he liked blended scotches and not necessarily the good ones. I started to experiment with single malts and started acquiring my taste for them, but I too didn’t like the strong peat varieties. Then I am in a high class whisky bar and I ordered a single malt neat... bartender recommended just a splash of water... I took his advice and never looked back, although now I prefer a single ice cube but I had no idea how much just a little bit of water changed the flavor and increased the taste

Very old Barton
Four roses single barrel
Turkey 101
Rare breed
Russels reserve
Ogd bib
Knob creek
Blantons
Bookers
Benchmark
Fighting cock
Weller antique 107
Anything woodford
Turkey Kentucky spirit
Turkey diamond
Pappy van winkle
Bakers
Ancient age

not bourbon but I like

George dickle no 12 white label
Jack Daniels no7 black label
Belvedere vodka
Forty creek Canadian whisky
Crown special reserve
Cazadores tequila
Hennessy

Miller lite is my after 5 shotgun rider

now I prefer a single ice cube but I had no idea how much just a little bit of water changed the flavor and increased the taste
Big ass death star ice cube FTW

20191207_183032.jpg

Back