Bourbon

You ain't kidding :eek:

That's a spicy meatball

Im not a big fan...gets a lot of good reviews, but I think folks just get caught up on a ‘fancy’ wood box. To me, just because it’s cask strength, shouldn’t mean it burns.

just because it’s cask strength, shouldn’t mean it burns.
I like to venture when I see something different. Sometimes I win (Wellers 12) and this time I lost

But my cousin suggested 1792, anybody a fan?

Actually matches the flavors I like pretty well...but has more bite than I would have expected. But that tends to be the trade off with $35-40 bourbons...good flavor with bite or smooth(ish) and tastes horrible.

Actually matches the flavors I like pretty well...but has more bite than I would have expected. But that tends to be the trade off with $35-40 bourbons...good flavor with bite or smooth(ish) and tastes horrible.

Ended up picking up a Jefferson's reserve and 1792, how hard is the buffalo trace to find?

just tried the Jefferson's and im a fan.

how hard is the buffalo trace to find?

On the line...not too hard, but you’ll probably pay a 50% premium ($10-20) plus shipping. In an ABC store...they’re only doing quarterly releases in this state now...and you basically have to be in the store when the truck comes to get a bottle.

State line liquor, tends to have Buffalo trace more than that big box Frugal Macsoogals store. At NC SC border. State line is on NC51 near the flea Market. Captain Morgan is out front by the road. Just bought some a few weeks ago and they make a bourbon creme for you coffee that is great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

went to a Christmas cookie exchange the other night at my wife’s boss’s house. Him and I were the only guys so we sat in garage and smoked cigars. He gave me this bottle because he didn’t like it. I thought it was pretty good. Russell’s reserve is my everyday go to.

image.jpg

I think we're gonna have to make room on the shelf... The Glenrothes and the Old Pultney are Christmas gifts and the Highland Park is a thank you from a friend for last-minute dog-sitting this week. Haven't tried any of them yet.

20191229_095633.jpg

Not really a drinker, but Ive been debating getting a bottle of something just for shits n giggles. No idea where to even start. But I think I might try some of the cheaper stuff listed here.

No idea where to even start. But I think I might try some of the cheaper stuff listed here.
Bottom shelf
1/2 gallon bottle
There's an EH Taylor bourbon that's cheaper than anything else, that is actually pretty good

Not really a drinker, but Ive been debating getting a bottle of something just for shits n giggles. No idea where to even start. But I think I might try some of the cheaper stuff listed here.
Try a blended, if you haven't or don't drink Bourbon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Give the airplane bottles a gander - it surprises me what they have sometimes, and you might see several that catch your eye to try at $2 apiece or so.

I really wish I could like bourbon straight. I have tried, I just can't get into it. Buddy of mine poured me a glass of Woodford Reserve, which is hear is some good stuff and I just couldn't dig it.

Ive posted this before and will usually get a snicker from the conesouirs

But Ive probably got 12 or 13 $80+ bottles on my shelf right now. For a new bourbon guy who doesnt want to drop coin, or for a mixer, or for filling the decanter and occasionally fooling my bourbon snob friends after the 4th or so pour...Henry McKenna has a decent flavor profile. Im not suggesting its in the league with lots of whats mentioned here but its smooth enough and decent flavor.
Interestingly enough their 10 year aged "bottled in bond" "premium"...I dont like as much as their regular bottom shelf.

1577749276050-155944296.jpg

Wife brought home New Years for me. I didn't ask.....I guess I might get taken advantage of. Or get pretty toasty and laugh about her exploding vape batteries in the floor. That was the last go round high lights. Never laughed so hard in our lives while trying to burn the house down.

Well, the bourbon is safe. My new years escalated into my wife hosting several folks.

Oh well, me my bottle will have another night. Some things are just better with less company!

Cheers.

I got into drinking burbon last year. I drink it with a one of those gigantic cubes. So far these are my favs. I try to look at bottles around the $50-60ish price range.

Woodford reserve Double Oaked
Angels Envy
Mckenna 10 year

This might be my new favorite thread on any forum!

I’ve been into bourbon more so the last four five years and while I’m no expert, I make it a point to try new bourbons and not focus on price point. LOTS and LOTS of great bourbons to be had under $50.

Newest one was Russell’s reserve. This is a great drink but does have a nice spicy/kick to it which isn’t for everyone. Found it best to toss in a nice cube to mellow it out if you want to enjoy more smoothness but drink it straight for a nice kick in the ass. Got this bottle for $53

202d40fae1080d3a5451f8b757160d27.jpg

My got to Bourbons:

Basil Hayden’s- any of them!
Blantons
McKenna
Bib and tucker reserve

Cheers!

5dcbf7d19a63466a8037efb4313bbdf5.jpg

Back