Bourbon

How do y'all not just get completely shit faced? Or do you drink little bitty nips the whole time?

Alcoholi…I mean connoisseurs build a tolerance. I only drink on Saturdays, and go weeks at a time not even doing that. But I can kill half a bottle and not even get a buzz. So when I’m trying stuff, it’s legitimately because I like the taste.

How do y'all not just get completely shit faced? Or do you drink little bitty nips the whole time?
We basically did 1oz pours of each.
Probably had 10+ pours over the night and wasn’t in too bad of shape.

Alcoholi…I mean connoisseurs build a tolerance. I only drink on Saturdays, and go weeks at a time not even doing that. But I can kill half a bottle and not even get a buzz. So when I’m trying stuff, it’s legitimately because I like the taste.
I admire and am jealous of your restraint.
I probably pour at least 1 drink 25 nights a month.

Last edited:
Ok so for us peasants and newb’s what are some really good $40 - $50 bottles?
This is the golden question. Bourbon on a budget.

Half of my list was in the $35-50 range.

1) Clyde May's ($35)
2) Eagle Rare ($30)
4) Buffalo Trace ($36)
5) Penelope (white label) ($45)
7) Willett Pot Still ($42)
Most useful info in this thread for us po' folk.

Most useful info in this thread for us po' folk.
Old Grandad 114 is sub $30 and is the best value in bourbon currently to me.
ER is damn good for the money but nearly unobtainium for many.
RR10 is <$45 and is a great value for a 10 year age statement and readily available.
Taste is like assholes, but Ive seen assholes Id rather lick than willingly drink Willet.
Coopers Craft Bottle in Bond is another 10 year 100 prrof bottle under $40 that I always have
Bardstown origin White label is a new one for me - and is another good value at around $42 and on every shelf.
And if you can find it (IE not in NC/SC) Evan Williams Single Barrel is better than it has any right to be at $35.

Scored in the Mountains, love NC pricing.
20231030_124214.jpg

Old Grandad 114 is sub $30 and is the best value in bourbon currently to me.
ER is damn good for the money but nearly unobtainium for many.
RR10 is <$45 and is a great value for a 10 year age statement and readily available.
Taste is like assholes, but Ive seen assholes Id rather lick than willingly drink Willet.
Coopers Craft Bottle in Bond is another 10 year 100 prrof bottle under $40 that I always have
Bardstown origin White label is a new one for me - and is another good value at around $42 and on every shelf.
And if you can find it (IE not in NC/SC) Evan Williams Single Barrel is better than it has any right to be at $35.
I agree with everything you said here.

This is the golden question. Bourbon on a budget.
I gave everyone the hotness and I could see through your screens that you turned your noses up at it.

I gave everyone the hotness and I could see through your screens that you turned your noses up at it.

I do apologize, I must have missed the post. No disrespect meant Mr. Rico Mandible Suave, sir. Sex sells and Barton will be the new Blantons thanks to you.

I've got a question and it's definitely OT. I got this dude I would like to thank for his help. He drinks Tequila and I don't know jack squat besides that it's not for me. What's a good one that would show my appreciation?

Any idea of his taste. Tequila is like a lot of liquors in regards to how it is aged.

blanco (silver/white), joven (young/gold), reposado (aged), añejo (extra aged), and extra añejo (ultra aged).

Then each distiller makes it their own way to define taste inside each age restriction. Lots more to it also like region of agave and so on but that’s the basics.

It was bound to happen. I knew it would but I hoped it never would.
For probably 10 years my personal go to was McKenna 10. I harped on it to the point I even made @UTfball68 like it I think. Among friends it’s a bit of a joke. I mean it isn’t the absolute best but it’s as good as anything and cost half as much.

Well it’s plagued by the internet community as having a bunch of bad barrels. I’ve read the reviews. I’ve never personally had a bad bottle. As I look in my bone yard there are currently 9 bottles and plenty have been tossed previously and there are 6 on the shelf full. I cracked a bottle tonight…regretfully a barrel # I have two more bottles in waiting from. The cork was completely dry and made a “popping noise” more wine reminiscent than bourbon. The pour has an almost mint waff on the nose….thats different. Never had that smell before.
A nice pull…smack smack…what?!?!

Dammit I’ve got a skunk bottle.
image.jpg

Back