Buffy’s Shop and Bar and Grill build

Are there gutters? Is it worse on the eave side or the gable side? I think you said it was better on the side with the apron, but the photos show intrusion at the garage doors and man door. Is the apron slab stepped down below the building slab?

The garage doors do leak mostly due to a poor seal on the door and the relief cuts in the concrete. There really isn’t any difference between the eve and gable sides. The building does not have gutters and the company stopped offering them. I will be adding them as an additional measure to keep water out. The apron does not step down on the garage door side. Also, the reason the walk through door was installed upside down was because it had the wrong swing to it. I told the manufacturer that having it win the wrong way was not acceptable. They were going to get back with me with some solutions but it’s been about 3 days since our last conversation. To flip the door over the crew had to remove about a third of the siding up to the first roll up door. The only way to stop water from entering the inside of the building is to remove the bottom layer of siding so something on the outside be it caulk or whatever.

Picture of the long eve side

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpeg
    IMG_5022.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 67
I know its a metal bldg but more roof overhang would help. Also the soil line is so close to the bottom of the siding. It's code in my county that soil line has to be 6" below siding. I wonder of pulling the bottom siding and installing flashing is possible or feasible?

The building company sent another crew out today. They pulled the bottom metal out and caulked the base plate from the outside. It’s supposed to rain this weekend so we will see what happens. I will be having gutters installed next week. That should help too.

The wife and I started installing panels in the shop side. Hope to wrap that up this week. Get my trusses next week and hope to start wiring in the next couple weeks

Attachments

• IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 54
The electrical crew descend up on my shop today in full force. Looks like the only thing they have left is the runs to the lights in the shop. I am very pleased with their work!

Attachments

• IMG_5058.jpeg
    IMG_5058.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5057.jpeg
    IMG_5057.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5056.jpeg
    IMG_5056.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5055.jpeg
    IMG_5055.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5054.jpeg
    IMG_5054.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 61
I see you have the framing on top of the floor piece. Is it attached? If so how and is there any loss in strength? Is that 2x2 tube for the building? I've never seen how people do this and definitely want to learn.

The building is 2x2 construction. The wood inserts are sitting on the bottom rail. It is attached to the metal beam using wood to metal self tapping screws 2 3/4” long. I got them at Lowe’s. I think I adds some strength to the building. As you can see in the pictures the electricians could drill and run the wires like in a regular stick frame house. This saves $$ since they didn’t have to run the metal conduit wires. You are welcome to come check things out in person anytime!

The building is 2x2 construction. The wood inserts are sitting on the bottom rail. It is attached to the metal beam using wood to metal self tapping screws 2 3/4” long. I got them at Lowe’s. I think I adds some strength to the building. As you can see in the pictures the electricians could drill and run the wires like in a regular stick frame house. This saves $$ since they didn’t have to run the metal conduit wires. You are welcome to come check things out in person anytime!
I honestly would love that but you'd likely be done by the time I found a weekend I could come up. I will keep that in mind.

I honestly would love that but you'd likely be done by the time I found a weekend I could come up. I will keep that in mind.
Shop side will remain as is for a while. Office side will be wrapped up within a month or so I hope. The invitation is always open.

All inspections have passed. Called the insulation company yesterday to get on their schedule. Getting a quote for drywall next week. Electrician installed the led lights yesterday. Have plugs in the ceiling for pull down drop cords. Getting close!

Attachments

• IMG_5063.jpeg
    IMG_5063.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
We’ve made some more progress on the shop. The wife and I hung 3/4 plywood on the shop side wall. Insulation was installed today on all the exterior and shop walls. We are installing Rockwool in the wall between the rooms and around the bathroom.

Attachments

• IMG_5068.jpeg
    IMG_5068.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5079.jpeg
    IMG_5079.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5080.jpeg
    IMG_5080.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5082.jpeg
    IMG_5082.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 39
The plywood was rather thirsty. Took 3 coats of primer before we were satisfied with the coverage.
Looks good. Did you fill the seams with anything, or do they just not show up in the picture.

Back