Buttercup

DRL

20201107_054832.jpg

Low beam

20201107_054914.jpg

High beam

20201107_054855.jpg

Ok, first off, I dont listen to country music PERIOD (ok Chris Stapleton doesn't count...he IS really good) but why would you ASSume I've even HEARD a Florida Georgia line song, much less play it so loud the OTHER gaybouys parked at Sheets in their "squatting dog - hidden faggot" stance can sing along.
Second... hell naw!

Ok, first off, I dont listen to country music PERIOD (ok Chris Stapleton doesn't count...he IS really good) but why would you ASSume I've even HEARD a Florida Georgia line song, much less play it so loud the OTHER gaybouys parked at Sheets in their "squatting dog - hidden faggot" stance can sing along.
Second... hell naw!
If you think Chris Stapleton is good, you probably smell like Kamala.

So returning from veterans I got to Denton and slowed for the stoplight. Leaving the light it stammered pretty hard after 1/4 throttle. But once up to speed I could cruise ok, so long as I didn't mash the gas too hard. Same thru thomasville. But the hills near the house had it bucking like a bronco. And by the time I got into my hill going up my drive it was ridiculous.

Consulting my more mechanically inclined friends @Chris_Keziah and @77GreenMachine it was suggested a TPS was likely crapped out. I intended to change the thermostat as well since the truck has NO heat whatsoever and I needed to remedy that, so I kicked Shaq out of the garage and got to work

20201120_183514.jpg

The TPS on these 302s is stupid. I mean...who would design it where the TPS is down there like that?!?!
20201120_163225.jpg

So you have to take the throttle body off to access it.

Checked the air filter...ugh

20201121_101552.jpg

20201121_101543.jpg

So with the TPS and air filter changed I tested it out. Wouldn't even turn over.
:kaioken:
Consulted more mechanically folks and @Jason W. Said fuel pump. So I headed to napa in Greensboro...the big one on 68 because no other parts store had fuel pumps and filters for an 86 F150:rolleyes:

So in researching my info I found this thing has 2 filters and a frame side high pressure pump.
So I got home with all my parts

20201121_101532.jpg

And went to town
Pre pump filter
20201120_182042.jpg

Hi pressure pump

20201120_173832.jpg

Post pump filter

20201120_173827.jpg

Time to give it a shot

Would not fire....SHIT

Time to regroup

20201121_175637.jpg

More research...discovered a SECOND fuel pump (low pressure) in the tank :rolleyes:

So BACK to napa on 68 :kaioken:

Time to pull the tank..I debated pulling the bed but the bolts holding the bed on look like the head bolts on titanic's coal engines

After lots if cussing the tank was dropped

20201125_152758.jpg

Pulled the assembly and noticed right away something missing. Old pump vs new pump and tubing/gaskets

20201125_142340.jpg

20201125_151723.jpg

The old hose had turned to jello

20201125_142723.jpg

Once reassembled it fired right up

:rockon:

Now let's tackle the thermostat

Whoever designed the thermostat housing (and TPS location) on the 302 needs to be shot. One of the bits securing the housing is behind the water pump.

20201127_120451.jpg

I literally had to cut one of my 1/2" wrenches because I didn't have a shortie

Time to regroup

20201124_184338.jpg

Thermostat replaced and hoses reconnected

20201127_121640.jpg

20201127_121642.jpg

Fired it up and took it for a test drive :driver:

Holy balls this thing is a burnout machine :burnout:

Not sure if it was the pumps, the filters or the TPS but this beast has awakened. I have to be careful every time I take off from a stop or it will literally burn the tires :eek:

It has a LITTLE heat now...but still... nothing to brag about

Last edited:
Noticed that second regroup was a little deeper than the first....I dig your style. :huggy:
Glad you caught that

I finished it off once I bolted that tank back in place :rockon:

Hell yeah! It's been a minute since I've had some Woodford. Just finished off a bottle of Elijah Craig over the weekend.

Gotta get some in the garage for my sporadic times of actually working on something. I'm always in need of a regroup anyway. :lol:

Just finished off a bottle of Elijah Craig over the weekend.

Elijah is slightly "spicier" than Woodford (to me)

In a perfect world, I could find enough Buffalo Trace to not have to have a backup...but (to me) Woodford is about as close as I can get to Buffalo, AND can be found on any ABC shelf

Elijah is slightly "spicier" than Woodford (to me)

In a perfect world, I could find enough Buffalo Trace to not have to have a backup...but (to me) Woodford is about as close as I can get to Buffalo, AND can be found on any ABC shelf
Hah.....couldn't find any Buffalo Trace at my local State store, so a few months ago I ordered two bottles online and had them shipped. I've read you (and others) talk about it enough, figured I'd give it a shot. Shipping would have nearly paid for about half of a third one, but I figured what the hell...and oh good gawd dayum. That was smooooov! Didn't last long, to say the least. I'll have to get some Woodford again next time I'm at the store.

So the radio on buttercup was stock. And water damaged.

How? Well....turns out the last windshield installed was a bit lax on sealant from the center clear over to the passenger a pillar.
Thankfully Pfaffs auto glass was able to find the leak(s)
20201229_103744.jpg

Bad news was the windshield had started delamination and was clouding up (under the trim where it wasn't visible)
Decided to go with a new windshield

20201229_103958.jpg

$238 and 3hrs later I had a new windshield

Did you put a sub in the dash?
Yes.....then decided that would be a bad idea if I parked it anywhere of questionable surroundings...so just ordered a new dash pad and putting it behind the seat

Casey lives in the hood and if I visited him my shit would get jacked :flipoff2:

Back