Chasing a dream

I believe they have a rv/camper show in the next couple weeks somewhere in Charlotte, in-laws have talked bout it

Minus only a couple semi-negative remarks here, you guys have been super awesome and supportive. But I guess I’m a glutton for punishment. I thought I’d post up in Irate4x4 (the replacement for Pirate) what I was up to. Boy does that place live up to the old reputation. Been a handful of nice comments but a bunch of junk talk for the most part lol.

I just ignore it, but it does remind me how awesome this place is.

Minus only a couple semi-negative remarks here, you guys have been super awesome and supportive. But I guess I’m a glutton for punishment. I thought I’d post up in Irate4x4 (the replacement for Pirate) what I was up to. Boy does that place live up to the old reputation. Been a handful of nice comments but a bunch of junk talk for the most part lol.

It’s cliche but it also reminds that as a rule southerners are more welcoming and friendly than other geographies.
Upper Midwest (whatever you call Michigan Wisconsin Minnesota) is a very close second …west coast and north east are equally assholish

Last edited:

Drink bleach noob!

:laughing: :laughing:

Have you considered a normal 2 seater crawler and a razr to follow you around? Tag the UTV and use that to get around town/run to the store? Probably have to up the camper trailer size.

Have you considered a normal 2 seater crawler and a razr to follow you around? Tag the UTV and use that to get around town/run to the store? Probably have to up the camper trailer size.
That might be hard for a plan to hit many states, bc they all have different rules regarding UTVs on the road.

I don’t have room to haul both. I have considered a 4 seater SxS but I just ain’t a fan. They sound like a leaf blower and while they’re incredibly fun, they can’t do the kind of stuff I like to do.

Finally. Now I get to paint the inside of another camper :kaioken:
A6967304-88F6-421E-851E-E6FDA0E3F1F2.jpeg

6D557608-2F6C-4689-8C7D-20DC65D9BF68.jpeg

Bout a 30 foot box with a bunk house and out door kitchen I bet?

EDIT: is it prepped for another AC?

Bout a 30 foot box with a bunk house and out door kitchen I bet?

EDIT: is it prepped for another AC?
Yeah. It’s 37’ long, according to the specs. I need to measure it. It’s a Forest River Salem 32BHI so I believe it’s 32’ plus the tongue. Bunk house for the kids so they have their own room. The bathroom and shower are plenty big enough. The kitchen and living room area have slides adjacent from each other so it makes it very roomy.

Miss when p4x4 was a community that meant no matter where you were in the country you had someone to hang out with or a shop to work in.
Anyway, like others have said, if you want to stay in morganton I've got plenty of room and hook ups. I imagine it's starting to get real about now

Thanks! It’s very real. It’s especially real because my work declined my proposal to work fully remote. That’s the short version. Basically I can choose when my last day is but I don’t have a job much longer. Oh well. I’m going on with the plan.

And of course a nearly perfect WOD 4 seater buggy comes available today, under budget, right after I paid cash for this camper. Oh well.

As much as I disagree and like the inside of the camper, my wife says it’s too brown, so it’s getting gutted and painted and I hate my life. But in reality she is a simple woman and asks for literally almost nothing. If she wants it painted, she gets it painted cause it makes her happy and we have to live it in. So here goes nothing.
21E61723-C6C6-414A-A719-931737F76422.jpeg

We have no idea what the future holds for us. And I’m not really worried about it for some reason.

Yes I do believe so. I’m prepared to add another if needed as well cause being cold I can bundle up but I can’t deal with being hot.
I only ask because that is very much like our first camper. It had everything we wanted. Our kiddos don't go so we opted for a couples coach much smaller.

We loved everything but the lack of cool air on very hot days at say the beach. It kept it tolerable but on horrible 98 degree days I'd come in an lay on the floor. It just wouldn't get cool. It ran non-stop.

A small fan blowing into the master bed....front of the camper was a blessing. Without it because of my metabolism I'd lay in a puddle of sweat all night.

Thanks! It’s very real. It’s especially real because my work declined my proposal to work fully remote. That’s the short version. Basically I can choose when my last day is but I don’t have a job much longer. Oh well. I’m going on with the plan.
Doesn't one of you need to not work so they can be the teacher since you will be home schooling your two kids? I'm guessing that will be a full time job.

Doesn't one of you need to not work so they can be the teacher since you will be home schooling your two kids? I'm guessing that will be a full time job.

Home schooling requires a lot less time than most folks think. Even at middle and high school levels, it only takes a few hours per day to learn the needed materials to pass and be a useful human.

Home schooling requires a lot less time than most folks think. Even at middle and high school levels, it only takes a few hours per day to learn the needed materials to pass and be a useful human.
That is surprising. My son goes to school all day, then does 3-4 hours of homework every night (which he needs help with). He is in 6th grade.

That is surprising. My son goes to school all day, then does 3-4 hours of homework every night (which he needs help with). He is in 6th grade.

And that is one of the huge benefits. The amount of wasted time at public schools is ridiculous. We are doing preschool, and my teaches for about 1.5 hrs. She spends maybe another hour prepping for the next day. Fair disclaimer, we are brand new at this. But she has been researching and preparing for 2 years now.

Heres a few links I found quickly.

Every homeschool kid I've ever met was doing work well above their grade level. I know so because their parents were quick to tell me...

Every homeschool kid I've ever met was doing work well above their grade level. I know so because their parents were quick to tell me...
And they will also tell you that they on average test (SAT/ACT) slightly above the national average.

What they dont tell you is statistically home school kids - less than 10% ever take the SAT/ACT as compared to 62% of public schooled kids. Meaning that in theory the top 10% of HS students are marginally better than the top 62% of public school kids.

There are a number of very successful HS students, like anything else it all depends on the quality of the engagement. For example knowing @trailhugger a bit - I have no doubt she'd be a great teacher/mom. Id let her teach my kids. She's intelligent, passionate and grounded.
For every one of her I know 10 that think waking up at 10Am is a benefit of homeschooling and that 30 minutes a day is adequate.

There are a handful of people that have home-schooled their children in my office. All of them, on separate occasions, have told me this.
They've said that because your solely focused on just your child, and not 20 some odd other children, you can get through an entire days worth of lessons before lunch.

Back