Check your Auto Insurance Rates, folks.

Don't they all? That's kinda the big company thing to do these days.
ESG is a real thing. With Progressive, it’s right in the name.

Progressive customer here. I pay $69 a month on a truck I was paying $125 for at Geico.

I have progressive as my auto insurance on my 2 trucks, which is $168 a month. My house insurance is through farm bureau, they called me the other day and told me if I switch back to them it will be $105 a month and my house insurance will go down a little too. So I'm probably gonna do that this week.

ESG is a real thing. With Progressive, it’s right in the name.
because Regressive Insurance just doesn't have the same kinda ring to it

Progressive and Geico are the worst companies to work with when you file a claim. Hope you never have to find out why they are cheap.
It's all a scam. Legalized extortion might be a better term.

Ive always been happy with usaa and always had better rates with them. although it has been a few years since I checked last.

With usaa its 402 every six months for one FC 60k truck and one car on liability only. Iirc, my homeowners is 712 a year.

Progressive and Geico are the worst companies to work with when you file a claim. Hope you never have to find out why they are cheap.

Wife got rear ended by a State Farm insured mini-van and knocked into another vehicle in front of her.

This was in Oct 2021.

We just dropped it off at the shop two weeks ago(Mid-May 2022), after finally getting the NC Insurance Commissioner involved.

State Farm can suck a rock.

I have progressive as my auto insurance on my 2 trucks, which is $168 a month. My house insurance is through farm bureau, they called me the other day and told me if I switch back to them it will be $105 a month and my house insurance will go down a little too. So I'm probably gonna do that this week.
Hurry; NC just announced Rates going up! I was with Erie, for many years, here in my town. I got tried of them going up every year, as my vehicles got older every year. From advice on this Forum, I went to Farm Bureau, [home & auto] & saved about $300 per year. Home was basically the same, but lot of difference in Auto. And the Same exact coverage!

@Atla @Rnuovrcj5 @XJsavage @Danger_Ranger
Thoughts on Progressive a couple-few years later? Atla I saw you switched because they jacked rates, so how's Geico working out for you?

Currently I'm with State Farm, was paying $101/month for 3 vehicles, now they've raised it to $119, which is enough of a jump to make me look around. I have a quote from Progressive for $65/month for the same coverage, which is by far the cheapest I've found. Not sure if I just fit nicely into a slot in their actuarial tables, or if its a trap and they will just raise the rates in a year, but its also fairly low effort to switch other than the annoyance of phone calls and emails.

@jeepinmatt your kids don't drive so check into Liberty Mutual or Amica. I think they hedge their bets on clients that are lower risk. I had to go with State Farm because mine was 16 and on our policy. Both were cheaper than all the other Allstate, Geico, state Farm etc., but wouldn't carry a driver under 25 or with any recent violations.
I've been thinking about switching once we get through my pipe burst claim.

@jeepinmatt your kids don't drive so check into Liberty Mutual or Amica. I think they hedge their bets on clients that are lower risk. I had to go with State Farm because mine was 16 and on our policy. Both were cheaper than all the other Allstate, Geico, state Farm etc., but wouldn't carry a driver under 25 or with any recent violations.
I've been thinking about switching once we get through my pipe burst claim.
Liberty.... grrr. We had them for a long time, because it was a good deal to start. Then every renewal the rates increased a little .like 5%. Suddenly after several years I realize I'm paying through the nose. After some digging, heard this is the MO for them. Also when I asked about adding our son, who was about to get his permit, the lady essentially said "I would look elsewhere if I were you."

I went to safeco which liberty I believe but sold my independent agents. Saved me like 700 a year vs nationwide.

Still can’t beat my progressive plan for the bikes though

Those of you who have/had State Farm, do you also have other insurance with them? Homeowners or other?

I use State Farm exclusively but would be very interested in others. I pay a lot of insurance and Bri and I have perfect driving records; neither of us have ever had a point on our license.

We have State Farm Auto and Homeowners, $238/MO. 4 vehicles 2013 and older, 3 drivers and one of those is 22 yrs old.
Flooring contractor was surprised at what they gave us for our floors that need to be replaced due to water damage. I assumed Liberty was better due to not insuring young drivers. Never looked at the actual coverage. All-State was good for us, until they got expensive, but that was after 15 years. Now we are looking to change every 5, and it is about that time we start looking.

Those of you who have/had State Farm, do you also have other insurance with them? Homeowners or other?

I use State Farm exclusively but would be very interested in others. I pay a lot of insurance and Bri and I have perfect driving records; neither of us have ever had a point on our license.
We had auto, rv, renters, & umbrella with Statefarm before making the switch.

I've been with Farm Bureau for 3 years, after getting tired of Erie constant raises. Only Erie had 1 year policy, where most of the others get you every 6 mo. This time, August, there was an increase! They said it was a NC State increase. I've always been told Progressive & Gico, was for folks with poor records. The 1 quote I got from Progressive, was Higher than Farm Bureau. I Always bundle! I used to have 3 vehicles, but since 2016, just two. Truck & Jeep.

We have geico. Both have good records, but not perfect. 100 ish for 5 vehicles, with roadside assistance.

We have geico. Both have good records, but not perfect. 100 ish for 5 vehicles, with roadside assistance.
Surely this is only the bare minimum liability

Back