Cordless tools

Ok fellas, where are you fellas sourcing replacement Milwaukee batteries?

I have a handful of the same age steadily crapping out. They have been good, so not a quality issue.

M18 xc series specifically. Not looking for extra capacity or run time. These are for in and out lighter stuff. I have plenty of air tools for hard hitting work.

I have a handful of the same age steadily crapping out. They have been good, so not a quality issue.

M18 xc series specifically. Not looking for extra capacity or run time. These are for in and out lighter stuff. I have plenty of air tools for hard hitting work.
Ebay or Black friday sales are gonna be your best bet. Home Depot has a few things going on where you can get a grinder or light with 2 5.0 batteries for about $200, and I think another deal with 2 5.0's and a 12.0 for $300.

I finally went red. Got the drill 1/4 driver and my free tool was the router.
B2191451-5132-481A-94ED-7AA2DA36A712.jpeg
03805FD0-15C4-4E28-883B-EF063C31360E.jpeg

I just saw Max Tools had 2 5.0xc batteries for $199…and the ‘free gift’ could be a 3rd 5.0xc. Free shipping. After tax came out to be like $70/battery.

I just saw Max Tools had 2 5.0xc batteries for $199…and the ‘free gift’ could be a 3rd 5.0xc. Free shipping. After tax came out to be like $70/battery.
Northern has the same deal, plus a few others. Walked in with the plan to buy nothing then $500 later I've got a spare grinder, drill, charger and 5 new 5ah batteries.
20230117_215648.jpg

M18!

Vanon batteries looks like the replacement place to go. I did this a few years back when I needed old Black & Decker batteries. Was a different company name, but may have been the same. I think it was from Ebay site.
I bought a couple of Vannon batteries for my dewalt 20v. Was very disappointed that they didn't last a year.

My last two, 18V Ni cad, are around 5 years old. Don't use that much, one drill & hedge trimmer. Don't remember the company I got them from. I think this is my second time with "Rebuilt" batteries. I been holding off replacing them. They don't hold a charge very long now.

I use Ryobi all the time, no fux given, cheap and works for what I need, I do have Milwaukee for the tougher situations, some tools are way over priced for what they are, some earn their keep, Ryobi ratchet, too damn big, Milwaukee ratchet I’ll burn something down using it, Ryobi 4.5” grinder, cuts hydraulic hose and banding like a champ, deburrs and smoothies edges just fine, $50 refurb, if it gets crushed, I’ll get another, $200 Milwaukee I’d be afraid it would grow legs, I keep the high torque impact locked up for that reason, green tools don’t seem to walk away as easy. Red tends to get gone

I'm a Ryobi guy. Are the M18's better, heck yes. Do the Ryobi's do what I need to do, Heck yes.

The new One+ HP's are pretty ballsy though. I'm slowly switching out the garage set for One+ HP's and putting the older stuff in the RV for trail use. The One+ HP line has a 1/2" impact is a high torque unit and it rivals my air Earthquake impact. So far, the only thing it couldn't break loose were the lug nuts on the RV when I first bought it and even the earthquake had trouble with them.

If I was a pro, I would have the Milwaukee M18's. I'm not a pro, the Ryobi's suit me fine. I can buy a whole bunch of Ryobi stuff for the cost of some of the M18's.

I'm a Ryobi guy. Are the M18's better, heck yes. Do the Ryobi's do what I need to do, Heck yes.

The new One+ HP's are pretty ballsy though. I'm slowly switching out the garage set for One+ HP's and putting the older stuff in the RV for trail use. The One+ HP line has a 1/2" impact is a high torque unit and it rivals my air Earthquake impact. So far, the only thing it couldn't break loose were the lug nuts on the RV when I first bought it and even the earthquake had trouble with them.

If I was a pro, I would have the Milwaukee M18's. I'm not a pro, the Ryobi's suit me fine. I can buy a whole bunch of Ryobi stuff for the cost of some of the M18's.
I agree completely, run what you brung. Just got a kick out of the video.

I have 12 or more Ryobi tools. I bought the blue 5 pack more than decade and all of them still work. I have a "green" polesaw, chainsaw, impact and a blower and the work great.
20240324_195458.jpg

I also like that the blue tools can use the green batteries.
That was the one thing that kept me with them for as long as I have, Yelow and Red abandon their initial followers when they changed battery design, Ryobi pledged to maintain their battery to be backward compatable.

I'll have the cake, and eat it too.

I'm a red man, through and through.... but when my wife showed some interest in cordless tools..... of course Ryobi with their color and variety of tool offerings piqued her interest.

So now I have Milwaukee in my garage, and she has a growing set of Ryobi tools in the house that I use (often).

Back