CTB 2018 Harlan Ride Pics

P pumps don't like a ton of RPM and when that happens, a little runs out of the overflow tube on the reservoir. Landed on the header while it was pretty stupid hot.

I had the fire extinguisher ready for when you got to the top!

It was a great time. The new guys picked a heck of a trip to have just started out wheeling. They done well and I believe they had a great time!

Jody is a heck of a guy, better looking on FB, but he’s a great guy.

Smoked Pork Loin will now be the norm if I’m arriving in time.

Nakoma was in Panama in 97’.

Nakoma is now the new trail planner, due to his 100% accuracy on Thursday night projections of Friday.

Chris Keziah was shut down early in the game and had the pleasure of riding Jody, I mean with Jody....
Adam had the misfortune of riding with me. Took him 1 full day to get used to it and understand that my Jeep gets beat like it owes me money, because it in fact does owe me lots of money. He learned to trust me and was comfortable with a “full send” by lunch on Saturday. Good times.

My confideance (or ignorance?) and my balls are big enough to follow Jody anywhere. However my rig is not. I still managed to pull off some crazy stuff!

My rig needs quite an overhaul now and is gonna be down for some time. But I had a freaking blast, as always Harlan is a great time!!

So many other awesome hilarious inside jokes I’d love to reference, but it’ll just be that much better to laugh about in person as we all make new ones next time.

Send it

Right line is doable, but with work. I had a day and a half left in my trip and have no need to waggle my Bobo to earn cool points. If ya know what I mean
I mean if you were wearing crocs in a ranger that capable, who the hells gonna keep count of cool points anyway...:gitrdun:

I think Jenny's comment as we passed it was Grape Vine had puked all out into the main connector trail.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
That’s what it looks like to me those big ones use to be at the fork off in the middle my rocker left some green paint on em back in 09! Lol

We were leaving today and ran into some people from Wisconsin with a map on the hood of their JK.
Dude, his wife and 3 kids in the JK on 35s. A TJ on 35s was with them as well. Dude driving with his 28 year paraplegic brother riding shotgun. Asked me if I knew the park well enough to show them around.
3 hours later they had ran some trails they never dreamed of.
It melted my sarcastic heart to see the sheer joy in the paralyzed man's face when we stopped for lunch. True joy.
My trip was great already. That made my year right there.
Gonna meet up with them at Windrock later this year for round 2.

Last edited:
We were leaving today and ran into some people from Wisconsin with a map on the hood of their JK.
Dude, his wife and 3 kids in the JK on 35s. A TJ on 35s was with them as well. Dude driving with his 28 year paraplegic brother riding shotgun. Asked me if I knew the park well enough to show them around.
3 hours later they had ran some trails they never dreamed of.
It melted my sarcastic heart to see the sheer joy in the paralyzed man's face when we stopped for lunch. True joy.
My trip was great already. That made my year right there.
Gonna meet up with them at Windrock later this year for round 2.
Did you tell them "Let's go do Mason Jar. It's not that bad, aside from that one spot. But its probably dry so it will be fine"???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nakoma is now the new trail planner, due to his 100% accuracy on Thursday night projections of Friday.

From memory here (Little foggy for some reason), and I quote. "A plan? Yall got no damn plan! We're gonna go up on that mountain and get stuck! Then we're gonna pull some cable and get un-stuck and hopefully make it back for lunch! Then we're gonna go back up on that mountain and get stuck again and pull some more cable and get un-stuck and hope we make it back for dinner."

Did you tell them "Let's go do Mason Jar. It's not that bad, aside from that one spot. But its probably dry so it will be fine"???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Pin Ball, Railbed, Fish Fossil, LRG and Killin Time.
Pretty good trails for people not accustomed to rocks covered in snot.
Took us about 3 hours all said and done

Just ordered the new bracket and shock to get it fixed for now. I may also be picking up a 70 HD Friday to stash away for awhile:cool:.

There is a D70 Detroit locker for sale on pirate right now if you don’t plan on a welder carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may also be picking up a 70 HD Friday to stash away for awhile:cool:.

Those were the AMF years.....GAWD no one wants a 1970 Hardley ever runs.....:huggy:

Just ordered the new bracket and shock to get it fixed for now. I may also be picking up a 70 HD Friday to stash away for awhile:cool:.

I was wondering how many would be jonesing/planning for tons and stickies after wheeling with jody.

Last edited:
I was wondering how many would be jonesing/planning for tons and stickies after following jody.

@paradisePWoffrd I know what you mean by that. Let me clarify just a bit. Not reflectant on your post at all. I hope nobody took the trip as a "follow the leader" thing. I was content with shwoing them around, not "look at me I have a built rig on stickies".

I had more fun than I have in a long time last weekend. I love the very difficult trails and obstacles. More so, I enjoy the fellowship and meeting/making new friends. The group size was perfect and the trail choices allowed us to cover a ton of ground.

I had stale gas in my cell from my last outing in January. I needed some time in the woods. It's as simple as that.

I was wondering how many would be jonesing/planning for tons and stickies after following jody.

My plans for tons has been there for awhile, I've just been taking my time. Now I will say riding in Jody's Ranger may speed my plans up a bit but we'll see.

@paradisePWoffrd I know what you mean by that. Let me clarify just a bit. Not reflectant on your post at all. I hope nobody took the trip as a "follow the leader" thing. I was content with shwoing them around, not "look at me I have a built rig on stickies".

I had more fun than I have in a long time last weekend. I love the very difficult trails and obstacles. More so, I enjoy the fellowship and meeting/making new friends. The group size was perfect and the trail choices allowed us to cover a ton of ground.

I had stale gas in my cell from my last outing in January. I needed some time in the woods. It's as simple as that.

I doubt anyone took it that way, I think most of us were happy just to meet you. I just hope my rig stays together long enough next time so I can try and follow the Ranger around some.

I edited my my post to clarify better...

I didnt take it as such.... i know from my experience, when riding with a guy with a more built rig, it gets the wheels turning in my head on upgrades for my rig. I also like riding with folks with different types of rigs, and seeing what works well what doesnt. New/different folks also have us get out of our comfort zone and sometimes for the better (as it seems for some folks here).

I’ve always found it more exciting following rigs more capable then mine that’s what’s driven me to stay in the 4x4 scene for so long (when I actually wheeled), when I said Follow the leader I certainly didn’t mean that remark as that @jodytreadway was showing off hope that wasn’t misinterpreted in any way... I’ve taken my pos zj on 33s behind buggy’s in mtn city all the time and had some of best times ever same in Harlan as well.

I’ve always found it more exciting following rigs more capable then mine that’s what’s driven me to stay in the 4x4 scene for so long (when I actually wheeled), when I said Follow the leader I certainly didn’t mean that remark as that @jodytreadway was showing off hope that wasn’t misinterpreted in any way... I’ve taken my pos zj on 33s behind buggy’s in mtn city all the time and had some of best times ever same in Harlan as well.

I'm greatly offended. My ego is nearly as delicate as @Loganwayne's cinnamon ring.

I'm greatly offended. My ego is nearly as delicate as @Loganwayne's cinnamon ring.
Well... You sorta come off as a delicate kinda fella but that may just be the crocs!! :D Truly croc martins are the hard ass’s croc of choice. Lol

Back